Booing one of our Own : Shameful !

Remove this Banner Ad

After listening to a few of the Blue podcasts over the last couple of days and being over here in Perth and not being able to attend the games live it's come to my attention that at Sundays game when Lachie Plowman's name and number came up before the game in position apparently he was booed by our own supporters.

If true?

This is a disgrace!

I for one am definitely not Lachie's biggest fan and have even put my two bob's worth on his selection and think he should be replaced in the back line asap.

But...

When he is selected to don the mighty CFC on his chest in the seniors whether you like him or not he is representing this great Proud club and should be supported and thanked for his endeavors good player or not.

To be booed by his own supporter base before a game is a ******* disgrace and whoever organized this should not be attending games as we don't need those sort of supporters at the club.

How do you think it made him feel or his family/friends at the game?

Any player who gets to Don the guernsey for Carlton should be made feel welcome and honored to do so and anyone who boos our own can piss off.

I'm not one to hold back on my views on players and their positives/negatives on this site but if they are out there whether we like it or not they are playing for the club and should never be felt to not be supported by their own fans at the game.

Sorry Mods for to starting a new thread but feel this needs to be addressed and would like to know how others feel about this issue and posts can get lost in the mass of threads out there.

GO BLUES!

Not something I'd personally do, but the players being boo'd is a non issue. There are pro's and cons to being an AFL Footballer.

Zero *s given about the players being boo'd. I'm sure Lachie can cry himself to sleep on a mountain of money and other opportunities that the average person could only dream about

Not something I'd personally do, but the players being boo'd is a non issue. There are pro's and cons to being an AFL Footballer.

Zero fu**s given about the players being boo'd. I'm sure Lachie can cry himself to sleep on a mountain of money and other opportunities that the average person could only dream about
This post is emitting a bright green light. You might want to get that looked at.

It's a release. Rather than letting it get pent up, you just booo it out.

Like screaming into your pillow to avoid a fight with the other half.
To each their own but IMO it's indicative of an inability to regulate emotion.
"I'm annoyed so I'm going to be loud and obnoxious" - seems like the approach that a toddler would have.

Aside from Carey, head wobbling misogynist, could not stand the campaigner, the only other player who I booed, and almost jumped the fence was Milburn...

Who here was there that day??

I was sitting in the Social Club when Milburn left the ground taunting the members, never seen/heard anything like it before or since, a level of anger unless you were there it's hard to describe. I hung around the back of the grandstand for a while with I reckon 500 really pissed baggers that day.

Was there :rage:

Zero fu**s given about the players being boo'd. I'm sure Lachie can cry himself to sleep on a mountain of money and other opportunities that the average person could only dream about

No Way you never Boo your own.

Aside from Carey, head wobbling misogynist, could not stand the campaigner, the only other player who I booed, and almost jumped the fence was Milburn...

Who here was there that day??
moi - would no sooner jump the fence than wear a velour....

Oh wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, not something I'd do. But at the end of the day, it's a double edged sword. I'm sure they are trained to block it out.

The intense interest and passion from the fans is what enables AFL footballers to be professional. It's good and bad.

To clarify it even more, AFL footballers being boo'd is very very low down on the list of causes to champion. (in my opinion)

That's nice, but it isn't solely one's wages that to be envious of as far as Carlton footballers are concerned.

No one is perfect but I am very, very happy with my life. I can honestly say I wouldn't trade places with Lachie Plowman.

Crippa on the other hand :p

I think you have misunderstood my point

Went to the state game at VFL Park v WA in 1973, pre- State of Origin, in those days the games were a walk in the park.

Anyhoo, we were handing out the usual pumping & Kevin Bartlett ran into an open goal & missed.

Suddenly all us non-Tiger fans aligned as one and went to town on Hungry.

Like to think we all found a bit of common ground that day.

Never booed Tiger, never booed Jezza after they left.

Couldn’t do it.

Absolutely not. I’ve actually never heard of supporters booing their own. I’m sure it’s hapoened though. Would be a very awkward situation to say the least) for the team member.
There were reports our supporters were booing Plowman on the weekend which is disgusting. I'm no Plowman fan but f-that.

Absolutely not. I’ve actually never heard of supporters booing their own. I’m sure it’s hapoened though. Would be a very awkward situation to say the least) for the team member.
No different to "supporters" yelling abuse at them and that happens all the time. I rarely sit in my reserve seat because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back