Booing one of our Own : Shameful !

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting in the Social Club when Milburn left the ground taunting the members, never seen/heard anything like it before or since, a level of anger unless you were there it's hard to describe. I hung around the back of the grandstand for a while with I reckon 500 really pissed baggers that day.

Oh come on now, i or most other decent footy fans had never found any reason to boo Goodes before that incident at the G with that Collingwood teenager.

Anyone who booed Goodes from that incident onwards was motivated by political and racist spite, and shame on any Carlton fan who booed him in those tough few years afterwards which really affected his mental and emotional health, and drove the champion away from the game, probably a year or two before he was done.
And yet here I am telling you I heard him booed before that, the reasons why I started not liking him, but that’s not good enough??

Did some unseemly types jump on and boo because of the circumstances? Absolutely. Don’t lump all of them in the racist category though because you’d be dead wrong

And yet here I am telling you I heard him booed before that, the reasons why I started not liking him, but that’s not good enough??

Did some unseemly types jump on and boo because of the circumstances? Absolutely. Don’t lump all of them in the racist category though because you’d be dead wrong

Never heard him booed before that incident aside from Hawthorn fans (which given their grand final history in the last decade, was fair enough)

Plow did his job Sunday …nuff said, I personally have love for the Plow.

Ill boo the team off after a 100 point loss with 22 passengers that day …. can’t say I’m proud of that but footy is an emotional game.

would never ever boo any player before a game or afte4 a win … thats just bs

Was at the game, didn't hear any booing for Plowman...

If there was and it was our own supporters, that's poor form...
Probably if anything it was Hawks supporters for hit on JOM last year, which is all part of the fun...

I only booed along with about 30k other Carlton supporters, at McKay's non paid mark :madv1:

Never heard him booed before that incident aside from Hawthorn fans (which given their grand final history in the last decade, was fair enough)
Well I certainly did, straight after he got off AGAIN for sliding in knees first

Like I said, there was pile on, some people are just inherently bad people, but not all people who did it did it out of racial motivation

For the record, I think booing is pretty juvenile behaviour and likely wouldn’t participate (Darren Milburn aside)

I do respect a person’s right to do it if it’s their thing though, as long as the reasons behind it are decent (or out of respect, eg Buckley, Carey etc)

Reckon the world would be better off without sites like Facebook and Twitter.
As a hypocritical Twitter user, I absolutely agree

They have some great benefits but the hurt and evil that they can spread, I’m just not sure if it’s really worth said benefits

Social media gives everyone a voice. This isn’t necessarily a good thing…

YEah I’m totally against booing full stop.
Even when a sniping dog like Hodge intentionally bumps Wingard (then playing for PA) into a goal/point post head first?
Even when Barry Hall knocks out an unsuspecting Staker?

There is a time and place for it and that is when dog acts like the above occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even when a sniping dog like Hodge intentionally bumps Wingard (then playing for PA) into a goal/point post head first?

There is a time and place for it and that is when dog acts like the above occur.
Yes ok maybe for dog acts but that’s it.

Why though?
Did fans getting riled up at Hodge or Hall change their approach at all?
Seems like a waste of time/emotion to me.

How on earth that wasn't paid is beyond me. Total guess by the umpire for starters and it only happens to our forwards.

Harry got hands to it first but then it bounced off Hawk's back before he grabbed it the second time. I was pretty perplexed at the game but watching the replay the ump made the right call.

1649164379949.png

I don't boo as a general rule, but were I there when Sharrod Wellingham deliberately jumped and smashed his hip into Kade Simpson's head, I'd have booed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back