Bound For Glory (we've got Rory)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Wasn't gonna post this at first but then I thought 'fck it', it's not every year we are in a grand final

Last night here in Melbourne was the annual 'For The Jumper' gig at the Gaso where bands get up and play the team songs of each club and a cover which is normally a pun of some sort. The Adelaide band pulled out last minute so I got asked only on Monday night if we wanted to do it - I think considering how little time we had, and the four of us had never jammed together before (we all play footy together) and just had the one rehearsal on Tuesday night, I think we did an OK job

Bound for Glory (we've got Rory)

(ps there were only 16 bands last night - the two missing? GWS Giants & Port Adelaide hahaha)

My highlights of the night

North Melbourne band playing "Ben" (Michael Jackson) about Ben Brown (little bias as they were my mates too)
Carlton band playing the Carlton Club song to the tune of "Blue Monday" by New Order - very clever
Western Bulldogs playing "Yesterday's Hero" by John Paul Young

and West Coast Eagles playing the original West Coast song (with the opening verse about Victoria stealing all their players... followed by Jebediah "Leaving Home" in regards to their poor MCG record haha)

Looks like a fun night. Video's audio was a bit of a mess, all I could hear was "bound for glory, we've got Rory"! Oh and "Love you Rory!"
But good effort! :thumbsu:

Have a go at this , of course to the tune I Am..I Said and of course for Jake

Adelaides fine, the sun shines most the time
And the feeling is "lay back"
Gum trees grow and rents are low
But you know I keep thinkin' about
Making my way back
Well I'm Melbourne born and raised
But nowadays
I'm lost between two teams
Adelaides fine, but it ain't home
Melbournes home