News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your always sticking your neck out with your predictions.

I had admittedly stated from Day 1, we would get Pick 2, then I "momentarily" turned, then I turned back within the 24 hours.

Brad Crouch shapes the 2020 Draft for the entire competition. It will get heated on Bigfooty when it happens.

Buckle up. We are set for a big ride.

200.gif

Does he not understand even the most basic aspect of it? A salary dump is only useful if we get Pick 2. If we don’t then why would we help with a salary dump.

What I’ve heard (which is not far removed from this scenario with some very important differences) is that it won’t be pick 2. Crows therefore want to match so the Crows and Saints are working out a deal in Crows favour to make up the difference. Think we’ll get something like Dunstan and their 2021 2nd Rounder for virtually nothing

Ultimately it means we effectively trade Crouch for Dunstan, 20 and Saints 2021 2nd rounder. Still unders so some work to do.
Perpetually taking s**t pick options. Never insisting on high picks.
This is how mediocrity perpetuates itself.
I wouldn’t want us to settle for that deal.

So Crouch isn't on a big deal, but also the deal uses a lot of the Saints cap space, so the deal is actually big enough for maximum compensation

:drunk:
The Vic's on Sunday night rightly complained about Gus Gould's commentary....

And we get this s**t every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, the biggest no-brainer in our history is trading later picks for the Dogs first rounder, with a wink and a nod to not bid on JUH.

Also, there are a LOT of draft experts who don’t have JUH rated as the best player in this draft. Very much on par with Hollands and McDonald according to most. There’s no clear standout this year, but those 3 are in their own tier.

The Bulldogs first is as good as ours.

So Crouch isn't on a big deal, but also the deal uses a lot of the Saints cap space, so the deal is actually big enough for maximum compensation

If there was a definition for the saying "having a bet each way" it would be a picture of this tweet. It covers all 3 options.

"Modest contract" = band 2
"Could still be pick 2" = band 1
"Can still match" = trade

Can't be wrong if you cover all the bases.

and if we don't put it in an email then what are the bulldogs going to do when we decide to have our cake and eat it too?

Get their pick, burn their points by bidding with pick 1.

This is a competition and every loss to an opponent is a gain for us.

Would serve them right for trying to game a system that already heavily favors them with unbalanced advantages.
If you have an "off the record gentleman's agreement" you honour it unless someone else breaks it or tries to change it. Credibility is paramount otherwise you wont be trusted in the future when you need to work on other deals.

No, the biggest no-brainer in our history is trading later picks for the Dogs first rounder, with a wink and a nod to not bid on JUH.

Also, there are a LOT of draft experts who don’t have JUH rated as the best player in this draft. Very much on par with Hollands and McDonald according to most. There’s no clear standout this year, but those 3 are in their own tier.
Who are those draft experts? I follow this stuff pretty closely and I'm not sure I've seen one.

Don't forget that the deal is small, yet the crows wouldn't want to match it resulting in Crouch remaining at the club on a huge salary.

If you have an "off the record gentleman's agreement" you honour it unless someone else breaks it or tries to change it. Credibility is paramount otherwise you wont be trusted in the future when you need to work on other deals.
Agreed. Everyone is the industry will know what we've tacitly agreed to. And if we double cross them, it will haunt us when trying to make deals in the future.

Rendell doubled down today on his info that the Crouch deal will net pick 2. Sounds very solid on it
I hope he's right but I'm not sure Rendell is the go to man on what the AFL Committe that have the final say will do.

He's just guessing like everyone else.

Can someone translate that second sentence. I can't discern the meaning of it at all.
I think it is referring to cap money that Saints banked in previous years. I think your able to bank 5% that you don’t use.
hes therefore implying that although Saints are saying that they are only offering Brad a modest deal, the fact that they need to dip into this bank would suggest it might still be enough for band 1.

I hope he's right but I'm not sure Rendell is the go to man on what the AFL Committe that have the final say will do.

He's just guessing like everyone else.

But is it really guessing if he knows Brad is going to get $800k or more from the Saints for 3 years??

Thats a lock is it not for Band 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back