News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1603240959333.png

Gee, I'm glad he picked the team with the 3rd lowest draft currency... that better be a giant contract for pick 2 or Jack Steele / Max King please + a first round pick

Not sure tbh - I guess they haven't "officially" not matched, but would only do so if the compensation shafts us (though frick knows how all this plays out)
Adelaide can't officially match or not match, because no offer has officially been made. Clubs can't officially make offers until the Free Agency window opens on 30th October. Unofficially, on the other hand...

For reference:
Free Agency Period: 30 Oct - 6 Nov
Trade Period: 4-12 Nov

or Jack Steele / Max King please + a first round pick

Lol

Its either a 5 year deal

Or

A 4 year deal with a 5th year trigger

If it is the latter haow does the AFL calculate the compensation pick, is the trigger year included in the calculation?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we finished first this year we'd be complaining that the band 1 compensation isn't enough (pick 20-26) and no one would be even questioning if he was band 1 or not. Band 2 would be a pick in the 40s which isn't realistic. Luckily Adelaides finishing position has no impact on determining band status.

Its either a 5 year deal

Or

A 4 year deal with a 5th year trigger

If it is the latter haow does the AFL calculate the compensation pick, is the trigger year included in the calculation?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trigger years are not included in the compensation formula, apparently

Well this is a massive test for our admin. If the Saints deal means we aren't getting pick 2, and we don't match to get better than pick 20, then we have learned nothing
I remember being furious when it was announced Dangerfield was abandoning our club

No such feelings with Brad. Him leaving is for the best. Seeya!

The caveat being is that it is for Pick 2 or something remotely close.

A random Pick in the 20s for Brouch is a waste of our time, I would rather keep Brouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 990883

Gee, I'm glad he picked the team with the 3rd lowest draft currency... that better be a giant contract for pick 2 or Jack Steele / Max King please + a first round pick

If I see a 2, next to that 1 at any stage Im going to blow my load.

The caveat being is that it is for Pick 2 or something remotely close.

A random Pick in the 20s for Brouch is a waste of our time, I would rather keep Brouch.

I don't think keeping Brad is in our best interests. Our midfield needs a full refresh. Take what we can get and move on

Is the position of the team included in the compensation formula? That is we came 18th?
Only in so far as that the Bands 1, 3 & 5 picks are taken directly after the club's normal pick in those rounds.

It's not part of the equation for determining which Band is applied.

Only in so far as that the Bands 1, 3 & 5 picks are taken directly after the club's normal pick in those rounds.

It's not part of the equation for determining which Band is applied.

Thats kind of stupid when you think about it? The equation should reflect that a bottom team losing a player should get some reflection in the compensation for him.

So overall there should be some small weighting attributed to this.

If we finished first this year we'd be complaining that the band 1 compensation isn't enough (pick 20-26) and no one would be even questioning if he was band 1 or not. Band 2 would be a pick in the 40s which isn't realistic. Luckily Adelaides finishing position has no impact on determining band status.

... that's not how this works. That's not how it works at all.

Thats kind of stupid when you think about it? The equation should reflect that a bottom team losing a player should get some reflection in the compensation for him.

So overall there should be some small weighting attributed to this.
The only factors in the equation are age, length of contract, and size of contract - and where that places them in the rankings of players of their age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back