News Brad Scott Re-Signs. 2 year extention - OOC end of 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I am happy, I would have preferred we saw what next year had in store first. Not sure another 3 years of NO Plan B will thrill the masses. It might be time for some new assistants and new ideas if we are going to stay with him
Major clean out of Assistants is my main want.

Outside of Crocker, Tudor and The Big Rusky I'd give them all their marching orders.

WTF . **** you GC . Another 3 years of this crap FFS . We are ****** ...
ScottWaffle/ing again (more than the other 2), same old same old, yawn yawn yawn and then some.

Other than list change, nothing will change, just going through the motions, nothing aggressive or positive out of today.

Only winner is Gold Coast...thank G.

The fact remains we are possibly the worst skilled side in the comp with no identifiable game plan.
Surely the coach needs to take responsibility for that.
Our committee must be blind to whats on offer out there or they are just way too chummy with Brad to seek alternatives.
And yes we did lose 10% of our members this year and will be lucky to get 35k on board next year.

Did he say in the presser that three players have already been delisted?

The club can do what they like and sign him up for 10 years. They won't get another dollar from me while he's there. That's 3 memberships gone down the gurgler.
Good - go and find another club to support - fair weathered supporters are the worst.

I tried to listen to the Presser but all i heard was....gobble gobble gobble

Yep snake oil spewing everywhere as usual.

ScottWaffle/ing again (more than the other 2), same old same old, yawn yawn yawn and then some.

Other than list change, nothing will change, just going through the motions, nothing aggressive or positive out of today.

Only winner is Gold Coast...thank G.

Gee the club is going to look like a basket case if either Kelly or Dusty don't come lol.

Expect membership to go down by another 5000 next year just like it did this year.

Give it a rest mate. We all know your thoughts and the thoughts of many others here. Rightly or wrongly he has been re-contracted. Time will determine that. We all have our individual views, but now is not the time to be continuing on with the same old, same old rhetoric, ad nauseum,

Because, guess what. The club has made a decision and there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it.

Instead we should all be looking forward to hopefully some very good decisions/acquisitions during the forthcoming trade/draft period and then a much better season in 2018. Go North.

Why are we in any rush to resign him though? Its ridiculous that he still has a year on his contract why not let it play until end of next year? Unless its got to do with players we are chasing-this is stupidity.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd of liked to of seen next year but it would probably be due to whats been said already (potential players coming to North) and that other clubs that are sniffing for new clubs could of been about. Theres no negative in re-signing. He has two years and if we head in the right direction then it was a good decision.

They've put faith in him and IMO he deserves it. Grown as a coach 10 folds since he first started and in the last 12 months.

But yeh I can understand that people might of thought lets wait (I was one) but due to the above reasons that would be why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Major clean out of Assistants is my main want.

Outside of Crocker, Tudor and The Big Rusky I'd give them all their marching orders.
I like your thinking DP.

I'd of liked to of seen next year but it would probably be due to whats been said already (potential players coming to North) and that other clubs that are sniffing for new clubs could of been about. Theres no negative in re-signing. He has two years and if we head in the right direction then it was a good decision.

They've put faith in him and IMO he deserves it. Grown as a coach 10 folds since he first started and in the last 12 months.

But yeh I can understand that people might of thought lets wait (I was one) but due to the above reasons that would be why.

there is a negative, we are handcuffed to him (we don't pay out coaches). Im not saying sack him, I dont think its a great move to sign him now.

Personally happy he has signed on. I think we need stability over this rebuild and it's obvious the players rate him very highly.

Keen to see how we go with some high draft picks. Always feels like we have been topping up to stay near the 8. Hoping we can now start to bring in some elite young talent and see what Brad can do with them

Give it a rest mate. We all know your thoughts and the thoughts of many others here. Rightly or wrongly he has been re-contracted. Time will determine that. We all have our individual views, but now is not the time to be continuing on with the same old, same old rhetoric, ad nauseum,

Because, guess what. The club has made a decision and there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it.

Instead we should all be looking forward to hopefully some very good decisions/acquisitions during the forthcoming trade/draft period and then a much better season in 2018. Go North.
No its people like him who'd rather see him fail rather than the club succeeding with him.

He offers no positivity in any thread. Rarely see him really in other thread apart from gameday and its just a mock or a dig at Brad.

Become laughable more than anything.

"Set up a innovative new injury prevention technology 'kangatech' that's being sold to elite sporting organisations all over the world"......
View attachment 409844
images (27).jpg

It sure is. North were smart and had Saunders on the books while developing an innovative muscle balance device. It means that both will benefit and North will have cheques coming in for the rest of time. Big money to be made and it is in big demand by NBA and NFL teams.

It's no different to Associate Professor Anthony Shield's work out of Queensland University of Technology. He developed a portable device that measures eccentric hamstring strength and it is now used by some of the World's biggest sporting teams (PSG and Liverpool) to name a few.

If Kangatech takes off (and it will) sports teams around the world will be using it (including other AFL clubs) and that will involve a subscription service for updated software. This will equal big $$$ to North and Saunders. Shield will have a job at QUT for life. Saunders will get a statue out the front of North soon, as will the people at North that helped him along the way. Innovators not imitators.

Some appear a little surprised/upset at Brad's re-signing, other predicted it three or four months ago. Personally I thought it was as obvious as the pimple between Craig Hutchinson shoulders. Any chance of signing Martin and Kelly required a sense of stability at NMFC and that begins with the re-signing of Scott.

Good luck for the next three years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back