News Brad Scott Re-Signs. 2 year extention - OOC end of 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Presser was partly a pitch to our current and future targets, not to mention current list - this is a stable club heading forward and there is a plan.

The answer to the Goldy question spoke nothing of the individual, only a glib response about list management which I suggest is code to other clubs - make your best offer.

As for Martin, leave that to the body language experts I suppose.

Some appear a little surprised/upset at Brad's re-signing, other predicted it three or four months ago. Personally I thought it was as obvious as the pimple between Craig Hutchinson shoulders. Any chance of signing Martin and Kelly required a sense of stability at NMFC and that begins with the re-signing of Scott.

Good luck for the next three years.

Post liked in its entirety, with the cream on the cake being the bolded bit.

First time in my life that a North coach has won so few games and not been sacked, let alone given an extension. Brave or Foolish? I hope it works out well.

Would I re-sign Brad Scott based upon 2010, 11, 12 & 13? Hell no.
Would I re-sign Brad Scott based upon 2014, 15, 16 & 17? Short term? Yes
Which Brad have we actually signed up? Brad Scott based upon 2014, 15, 16 & 17

Best decision this club has made since banning poker machine revenue.
Too many so called experts on this board blaming the coach for our ladder position.

We had a crack at a GF and we fell short. The list needs to be rebuilt and I have the utmost confidence in Brad and the North Board.

Next year will still be painful but I honestly think we will be pushing for the 8 again in 2019 and if it takes an extra year or two so be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott appears a top bloke, and I can understand why people (and especially the players) like him.

How he presents for the club is excellent, and from reports has been important in getting to where we are financially and off-field image.

Unfortunately I simply don't think he is the right person to bring us a flag, so I disagree with the decision.

Nothing personal, just my opinion of his coaching - especially with regard to our gameplan/s.

However I'm not going to bang on about it*, the decision has been made whether people agree or not, so lets all accept and get on with it :thumbsu:

*Lose round 1 2018 and i'll start Bye Bye #4! :p

View attachment 409850

It sure is. North were smart and had Saunders on the books while developing an innovative muscle balance device. It means that both will benefit and North will have cheques coming in for the rest of time. Big money to be made and it is in big demand by NBA and NFL teams.

It's no different to Associate Professor Anthony Shield's work out of Queensland University of Technology. He developed a portable device that measures eccentric hamstring strength and it is now used by some of the World's biggest sporting teams (PSG and Liverpool) to name a few.

If Kangatech takes off (and it will) sports teams around the world will be using it (including other AFL clubs) and that will involve a subscription service for updated software. This will equal big $$$ to North and Saunders. Shield will have a job at QUT for life. Saunders will get a statue out the front of North soon, as will the people at North that helped him along the way. Innovators not imitators.

All interesting points but why are you talking about yourself in 3rd person?

ROFL this was my post a month or two ago...the wording wasnt too far off but this was from Brad's mouth instead of Bens....I may of been more closer :)

Unnamed_QQ_Screenshot20170830143627.jpg

You're the one crying.
Scott re-signing is bigger than Martin coming. Tonight i eat and drink like a king and go to sleep with a smile on my face knowing North is in good hands.

My kids put a smile on my face everyday. What the club does doesn't really matter to me. It my kids who I get disappointed for when the team plays as poorly as it has been.

I'm not thrilled about this particularly when it comes to the development of our players. Throughout Scott's tenure we have had so many players that fail to deliver on a consistent basis, while also having a number of haven't made in roads in to becoming elite AFL footballers. If this doesn't improve then we'll continue to be mediocre.

Presser was partly a pitch to our current and future targets, not to mention current list - this is a stable club heading forward and there is a plan.

The answer to the Goldy question spoke nothing of the individual, only a glib response about list management which I suggest is code to other clubs - make your best offer.

As for Martin, leave that to the body language experts I suppose.
Anyone can create a good or great plan, at end of day any such plan has to be adequately implemented, in order to do so you need to have the right people in place to implement/put into action.

At this stage I will use the common words of others North followers....Hope, hopeful, hopefully & hoping, then add 'crossing fingers'

Unfortunately that is all we the followers have.

Club-wise I like to think that I am lucky in choices, North was my primary before moving to GC, with GC my secondary. 2017 a big loss re both clubs, then became more concerned with Scott maybe going to GC...still lose. Lucky for me no Scott to GC.

GC now primary, North a hopeful second.....here's hoping!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back