Universal Love Brendon Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Benny is the best thing that has happened to this club off field since before GR went mad.

Im holding my nerve and backing in the club to fix the problems. 15 wins was no accident last year, we will sort it out and be a better club for the experience.

This season is the first bump in the road we have encountered. Resilience in the face of adversity builds a better culture than pointing the finger of blame at a few.

We are facing the greatest test of our resolve as a club, as supporters, as players and as coaches. Benny is leading by example and is frankly, a shining light in this dark time.

So glad nepotism rules at AFL house. Would be a disaster to lose this man from our club.

Enjoyed the article this morning, rational & reasoned is Benny.
We are building a solid foundation, built on professionalism, trust and plain common sense! We are aware of the difficulties in building a premiership winning list, basically from scratch in our case, and realize that it just can't be all plain sailing, there must be obstacles to overcome some, like our form this season, are extremely frustrating and hard to stomach.
Yes, the existing group must adapt and evolve, but let's at least give them a real opportunity to do so, rather than scream for heads, stamping your feet and throwing tantrums because the club isn't perfect, far from it at this stage, or because "mediocrity" never touches your otherwise perfect lives.

Benny would be spewing just as much, if not more, than the diehard tiger tragics in the stands. The amount of work off field that has been done (thanks to Benny's professionalism) to restore this great club to a financial powehouse is again being undone by some of the clowns we have running around on the field who refuse to perform to an acceptable level. Frustrating yes but very fixable. I hope hardwick's contract is honored and more because he sure as hell can't teach them to kick a simple goal from 30mts out at this stage of their careers. I think hardwick's anger scale has finally hit it's peak thank goodness. No more sugar coating or molly coddling needed. Some of these underperforming players are the ones who, in the off season, made statements like "yeah nah we're still hurting after the finals loss and will make amends". Time is running out for them fast. Pfft.

This year has been dissapointing to say the least.
For the first time in my 23 years of being a Richmond supporter, when the team is under pressure we finally have strong off field leadership.
This man bleeds black and yellow.
Everyone should read todays article in the H.S
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...heading-is-right/story-fni5f9jb-1226923198281

Sorry Brendan, but what absolute drivel...

"this year’s dramatic form slump would ultimately make the team better"
Absolute rubbish! How does shattered player confidence and poor football and failure make us an ultimately better team????

“We believe in the direction we are taking"
Well if that is not a massive concern I don't know what is? Just what the fans want to hear after last weekends utter humiliation!

“We’ve been really encouraged with the progress we’ve made so far. But progress and development isn’t linear. You’re going to have setbacks and there are going to be disappointments.”
How many times have we heard this crap over the last 32 years!

“We are very comfortable and very satisfied with where Damien is taking our football program to,”
Talk about low expectations! How bad would we have to be for Brendan to be unsatisfied with the direction we are heading? Hardwicks possession at all costs stoppage focused failed plan is taking us NOWHERE!! What a joke.

Well there you go. That's the pathetic response response the club has come up with after the failied start to the season and the utter humiliation of losing to MELBOURNE in a game to honour a club legend. Nothing to see here, it's all going to plan. Keep giving us 110% fans. What a disgrace.

Absolute rubbish! How does shattered player confidence and poor football and failure make us an ultimately better team????

Well if that is not a massive concern I don't know what is? Just what the fans want to hear after last weekends utter humiliation!

“We’ve been really encouraged with the progress we’ve made so far. But progress and development isn’t linear. You’re going to have setbacks and there are going to be disappointments.”

“We are very comfortable and very satisfied with where Damien is taking our football program to,”
Talk about low expectations! How bad would we have to be for Brendan to be unsatisfied with the direction we are heading? Hardwicks possession at all costs stoppage focused failed plan is taking us NOWHERE!! What a joke.

Well there you go. That's the pathetic response response the club has come up with after the failied start to the season and the utter humiliation of losing to MELBOURNE in a game to honour a club legend. Nothing to see here, it's all going to plan. Keep giving us 110% fans. What a disgrace.

What would you like him to say exactly? "The joint is F$%^&d and the coach is a basket case"? Remember, his job is to steer the entire ship and remain positive. He knows the off field stuff is shaping up well and it is. The numbers prove it. Being negative at this point in time would shred whatever remaining confidence there is around the joint after that effort on Saturday. Absolutely no doubt the blow torch is fixed firmly on those underperforming players and those in the recruiting dept who brought them over.

Last edited:
What would you like him to say exactly? "The joint is F$%^&d and the coach is a basket case"? Remember, his job is to steer the entire ship and remain positive. He knows the off field stuff is shaping up well and it is. The numbers prove it. Being negative at this point in time would shred whatever remaining confidence there is around the joint after that effort on Sunday. Absolutely no doubt the blow torch is fixed firmly on those under performing players and those in the recruiting dept who brought them over.

Yeah that's true, of course he cannot come out and pot the coach etc. But I feel the club should respect the fans enough to at least admit that we are off track at the moment and are actively looking to change direction. That this IS NOT part of the plan FFS. Just cut the crap and tired cliches!

"We have to get back to simply playing better"
I mean honestly.

I want to hear that the club is leaving no stone unturned to rectify this and everyone will be under review. Instead we get this...

"there was no need for a broad ranging review of the department"

Five years into a rebuild, we have a team full of recycled duds, the WORST brand of football and Melbourne have gone past us... I beg to differ Benny.

Anyway, thanks for your cash fans, 110%, it's all good, the players will start playing better...

We deserve better

I love Benny and I love our balance sheet , I actually contribute to it every year. This is an awesome response as Hardwick needs the stability to find out what hes done that hasn't worked. Cant see how he hasn't seen it but its important he needs support from the top until he does. If Benny thinks Dimma is still scratching his head at seasons end he'll do what needs to be done. right now this is a terrific response and exactly what needs to be done.

I simply can not wait to see Thursdays team , I hope Big O is doing plenty of star jumps and burpee's this week because how you can explain dragging some one at half time because they are totally useless and then playing him again next the next week is a massive culture killer , Grigg the same.

Yeah that's true, of course he cannot come out and pot the coach etc. But I feel the club should respect the fans enough to at least admit that we are off track at the moment and are actively looking to change direction. That this IS NOT part of the plan FFS. Just cut the crap and tired cliches!

I mean honestly.

I want to hear that the club is leaving no stone unturned to rectify this and everyone will be under review. Instead we get this...
Five years into a rebuild, we have a team full of recycled duds, the WORST brand of football and Melbourne have gone past us... I beg to differ Benny.

Anyway, thanks for your cash fans, 110%, it's all good, the players will start playing better...

We deserve better

Dimma says this every week.

I'm sure the Herald Sun were VERY disapointed with the coherent and resolute statement coming out of punt road :thumbsu:

Keep giving us 110% fans.

I love the rabid fans that bring up the FTF 110% campaign as another reason to put the boots into the club at every opportunity. Sure given the poor on field performance it was poorly timed, but how were the clubs marketing department to know?

Would love to hear recordings of some of the phone calls made to fans trying to sell the scratch and win tickets this season, recon there would have been some absolute comedy gold spat from frothing mouths!

I mean honestly.

We deserve better

You seem to forget we still have some very young players on our list. Grimes, astbury, vlastuin, Ellis, Martin, conca, are hardly what you call veterans. Sure we have a few recycled spuds on the list and they will be moved on quickly of they don't lift. It's our core senior players letting the side down. Jack, vickery, cotch, lids, jacko, nowhere near playing their best IN THEIR PRIME YEARS, that's hurting most along with injuries to key players for an extended period. Maric, lids, rance, now vlastuin all missing important chunks. The recycleds who played well last year, houli, chaplain, grigg, have had terrible games so far. The change in game style hasn't helped but remember that the way we played last year was picked apart by the better teams in Geelong, collingwood, north and essendon in dreamtime. We were opened up again by Carlton in the final. We ARE on track but lots more work needed no doubt. Players who let down the coach will be gone. I believe we're in reasonable but not ideal shape ON FIELD. Five years ago we were effectively broke and had no football dept.

Good, measured response by Gale. Terrible year and extremely disappointing but something can be salvaged if we see 5-6 delistings (you all know who) and regular games into our best youngsters. Can't wait to see Miles. Trade well at the end of year and reload for 2015. Hardwick needs to get brutally honest with a few of these guys, as he was as a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling Jacko will retire at the end of this year. Obviously Newman and King as well.
Maric will only have 1 more year in him.
We will NEED to trade for experience at the end of this year.

Gale has done great things off field but him saying "We don't need to conduct an in-depth review of our football department" is beyond madness.

The review should take place without question. Is he nuts? There are clearly people working and playing at the club that are incompetent, clearly. They need to be removed.

Gale sounds like a judge that hands down light sentences that infuriate general society and prove that he is out of touch with the people.

Just like the players wearing the jumper, he's shirking the contest.

This club that I love was once ruthless. Now we're the opposite - meek.

Would love to hear recordings of some of the phone calls made to fans trying to sell the scratch and win tickets this season, recon there would have been some absolute comedy gold spat from frothing mouths!

I was one. The girl that rang was too friendly to abuse.

She went with.. It's a 30k 1st prize. What would you do with 30k?

Well, I sure as hell wouldn't be giving it back to the club to squander.

I ended up cutting her short and she changed her happy tone to a more depressed state and said "OK, but thanks very much for taking my call" - Clearly some people had just hung up on her.

Gale has done great things off field but him saying "We don't need to conduct an in-depth review of our football department" is beyond madness.

This club that I love was once ruthless. Now we're the opposite - meek.

Who cares if we are pathetic on the field? Who cares about being ruthless and successful! We are the nice guy club.

Nice guy C.E.O (keep things P.C people!), nice guy coach (great bloke, much nicer than Hinkley), nice guy captain (gun but no mongrel whatsoever), nice feel good appointment of the first female President (is she a real person? haven't heard a thing?), nice guy recruits (character first people!). Its all about having fun at training (with humorous videos of course!) and everyone being mates (especially with the coach).

It will all fall into place as long everything is P.C, everyone slaps each other on the back and no ones feeling are hurt. The nice club where winning comes a distant second!!

Last edited:
Many talk about lines being rolled out by the club, but one that rarely fails not to be bought out is the " last 30 years " etc etc The majority of our list wasn't born 30 year ago....Maybe when we get passed that very tired line the club can start to move on too....(for the record I was old enough to recall our last prem'ship)..

I get the feeling Jacko will retire at the end of this year. Obviously Newman and King as well.
Maric will only have 1 more year in him.
We will NEED to trade for experience at the end of this year.
I can see King moving into a coaching role next year at our club.

Who cares if we are pathetic on the field? Who cares about being ruthless and successful! We are the nice guy club.

Nice guy C.E.O, nice guy coach (much nicer than Hinkley), nice guy captain, nice feel good appointment of the first female President, nice guy recruits (character first people!). Its all about having fun at training (with humorous videos of coarse!) and everyone being mates (especially with the coach).

It will all fall into place as long everything is P.C, everyone slaps each other on the back and no ones feeling are hurt. The nice club where winning comes a distant second!!

Did you not hear the importance of relationships from the Hafey era ? Players openly admitting to loving Tom and how much he cared for them & how much players played for Tom. In some cases if you listen to our club legends they played for Tom first RFC second.....If you don't think people don't care about winning & letting themselves,the supporters, the club and eachother down, well I'm gobsmacked..

IraqiInformationMinister.jpg

haha wow.

this year’s dramatic form slump would ultimately make the team better"

Any rational person would understand the meaning of how this may actually make us a better side. it highlights in black and white which player can and cant perform to the change in game plan we are trying to implement. It also IMO highlights what type of player we need to go after...

Actually it gives me a lot of solace. Rebuilding a footy side is not a fly by night process. God knows we have been a victum of that through out our 30 years! Bens reply tells me clearly is that they have a short,medium and long term plan and they wont deviate from it based on 8 weeks of results.

The last 32 years means s**t. really it does. You can learn lessons from the past but thats it and the club i believe has learnt lessons. Keep in mind, Ben used to be a player, he has gone through periods as a player where he has seen the bad and the good. He is judging our performance in how we have performed to date, which has been encouraging. 8 weeks does not undo 4 weeks of hard work

Actually that stoppage possession game plan took us to our first final in 10 years. Hardwick is trying to change our game plan from just being good enough to better but our personnel cant perform it well enough. Thats not Damiens fault. Maybe you would like Dimma to do like the Norf coach and revert back to the old faithful run and gun game plan ?

Btw the club reviews all positions with regular appraisals against agreed kpi's

Saying we won't be having a review is just to avoid giving the Hun the "Hardwick on death row review" headline

Remove this Banner Ad

Back