Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other option is for say the Lib-Dems to campaign on a basis of outright cancellation of Brexit, if they made it an overt "give us a mandate to call the whole thing off" type platform. But I doubt they'd be bold enough to do it.

I'd love them to do this, show some leadership the two major parties are both lacking

Nonsense. No ECJ, No single market, no customs union. It was very clear.

You are repeating the BS put about by the imbecile Mcgrory.

Only 51% of the leavers want a no-deal Brexit according to YouGov, time to give this tired old argument a rest.

There is zero mandate for a hard Brexit.

Does no deal deliver no SM, no CU and no ECJ? Yes it does.

Its a ridiculous argument put about by those who wont respect the referendum

The chances the EU would negotiate in good faith were always small

lol Norway doesn't come under ECJ but SM/CU. Would you like another go at it again? Norway comes under EFTA, which is independent of ECJ. As i said, maybe you will get it right the second time. Yet another bullshit brexiter argument about something there is zero mandate about. Stop lying meds.

Lets all forget about the relentless campaigning the leavers made about the Norway model before the polls. Oh yes right, i know, pathological liars, now they have the result in their way, they can do what they want..."will of the people" LOL... if you listen to the will of the people there is zero mandate for hard brexit. Head to yougov and see how leavers want it. As i said, Brexiters are a bunch of pathological liars.

Last edited:
Remainers refusing to accept defeat.

lol.

No one is refusing to accept Brexit, people are refusing to accept the blatant lies you have no problem promoting in a hard brexit.

cue the cameron video again.

I have given you enough chance to prove your case, the fact that half of the leave voters don't want a no-deal brexit is proof enough.

and it was your man who said ": "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the Remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it." .Funny now that it has turned his way, it's remain who is at fault.. imagine the whinging if leave lost.

So what happens if the UK are still bumbling along on deadline day without having resolved anything?

Because it is almost certain that is going to happen?

Does no deal just happen if the date passes?

That would mean Boris is in jail but somehow still PM, I guess. Could happen. I suppose now he has to either request the extension which he's said he'd never do, or resign as PM and ask Parliament to pick someone else. If he requests the extension and then calls an election he'll be humiliated and thrashed. If he resigns then he'll leave as Mr. Owen Six and be humiliated. What a master stroke. But but but Joe Hildebrand! Perhaps we should ask the full Studio 10 panel what they think as well.

So what happens if the UK are still bumbling along on deadline day without having resolved anything?

They'll just do what they've done this whole time

Blame Corbyn/THA LEFT/THE EU

Only 51% of the leavers want a no-deal Brexit according to YouGov, time to give this tired old argument a rest.

There is zero mandate for a hard Brexit.
The leavers would argue that this is the only group that matters as “remain would just sabotage so disregard what they want”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if deliberate or not but the nomination of Irishman Phil Hogan as the new EU Commissioner for trade is certainly a shot across the bows as far as Britain’s hopes of a speedy new trade deal are concerned. Given Hogan is both a member of Fine Gael (Varadkar’s party) and served in cabinet with him, I think it’s fairly safe to say he won’t be inclined to deal leniently with the UK in the event they continue their efforts to induce the EU to throw Ireland under the bus.

What’s ironic is that the guarantee of one commissionership per member state was the key concession Ireland wrested from the EU after the rejection of the 1st Lisbon Referendum. I wonder if Trump will be as inclined to offer the UK something comparable when it comes time to negotiate a transatlantic trade agreement.

The are still under EU rules and control. It's ridiculous they are not free.

No, no, no.

To trade with the EU they are going to have follow EU rules lol.

Problem is they wouldn't be out would they.
Huh? If Boris and friends voted for May deal they would have had brexit in name and to a degree that many understood what brexit was (in terms of staying in various customs unions etc). Now I agree it’s not what the hard line exiters want and they are pushing (imo I think they will get) their no deal.

Brexit risks running out of steam. 2020 will be two Olympics, two UEFA Euros since the referendum. And Leave voters keep dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back