Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it was a very popular decision then. Will Labour listen to their voters? Or will they listen to angry people on Twitter?

Problem is buyers remorse

Apparently millions of brits regret voting leave and would change their mind if a vote was done today

Its a mess

Problem is buyers remorse

Apparently millions of brits regret voting leave and would change their mind if a vote was done today

Its a mess

Not true. Most of the more-or-less monthly polls done about it since the vote have continued to show that if it were held again tomorrow, more would vote leave than remain.

Apparently according to the polls which got the vote so wrong? Or apparently according to the noisy minority?

As pess said, it was a protest vote gone wrong.

That said, the polis have to follow the vote. Even if the voters were idiots, they cast the ballots and their vote is done

Anyone who was against brexit and voted GTFOOH is a ******* dickhead. This one aint on the polis

Not true. Most of the more-or-less monthly polls done about it since the vote have continued to show that if it were held again tomorrow, more would vote leave than remain.

Have you lost the.ability to read? Thats not what i said

I said millions have buyers remorse And wanted to change their vote. Said nothing about if it would effect the result or not. As i said at the time, the vote is done and you dobt get a revote

Have you lost the.ability to read? Thats not what i said

I said millions have buyers remorse And wanted to change their vote. Said nothing about if it would effect the result or not. As i said at the time, the vote is done and you dobt get a revote

If 'millions want to change their vote', and Remain is still losing in the polls, then presumably millions would change their vote from remain to leave as well.

If 'millions want to change their vote', and Remain is still losing in the polls, then presumably millions would change their vote from remain to leave as well.

No

Its a voluntary voting system, and rocking up on the day changes everything. Its only a straight in out equation if everyone who voted votes again, and those who didnt dont again.. and that wont happen

This us why there cant be another vote, buyers remorse shouldnt be considered by members of yhe commons, and the referendum must stand

I have no ******* idea what your issue is with me, but this is the second time in recent days you have tried to accuse me.of saying s**t i never said

No

Its a voluntary voting system, and rocking up on the day changes everything. Its only a straight in out equation if everyone who voted votes again, and those who didnt dont again.. and that wont happen

This us why there cant be another vote, buyers remorse shouldnt be considered by members of yhe commons, and the referendum must stand

I have no ******* idea what your issue is with me, but this is the second time in recent days you have tried to accuse me.of saying s**t i never said

This is pretty basic logic. You're making an assumption about how people in the UK would vote a second time (the fact that it can't happen is irrelevant), even though the only possible evidence for it indicates the reverse is true.

I have no problem with you, and have never said that I do.

This is pretty basic logic. You're making an assumption about how people in the UK would vote a second time (the fact that it can't happen is irrelevant), even though the only possible evidence for it indicates the reverse is true.

I have no problem with you, and have never said that I do.

Well your pretty basic logic is wrong, again

I never said how the vote would change because there are far too many variables AS I JUST ******* SAID.

Having buyers remorse is one thing, but it means nothing if you dont vote or more of the other mob rock up this time

The "i changed my mind" crowd are vocal, but are stupid and should be ignored

And stop misrepresenting what i say ffs

What's clear is very few people thought it through

The leadership at the time included. Should have quit while he was ahead. The Scottish referendum

Instead got emboldened and more stupid

That is just what people who are pissed off are saying. Its the old "they voted differently to me so they must be morons" syndrome synonymous with the left. Because they cant accept that they are ever wrong.

Its a common thing when people want a protest vote

Happened with kennett, punters wanted a shot across the bow, but didnt want bracks. They lucked out

As i said, anyone who votes against their will in some form of stupid protest is an idiot. Just like sanders voters who cry about trump winning, but didnt vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a common thing when people want a protest vote

Happened with kennett, punters wanted a shot across the bow, but didnt want bracks. They lucked out

As i said, anyone who votes against their will in some form of stupid protest is an idiot. Just like sanders voters who cry about trump winning, but didnt vote.

I think that theory was well and truly put to bed by the subsequent ALP victories in the supplementary election (Frankston East) and by-election (Burwood).

I think that theory was well and truly put to bed by the subsequent ALP victories in the supplementary election (Frankston East) and by-election (Burwood).

Disagree, Bracks did well in his early days remember. Also the libs started sounding very stale after the loss (classic of polis who took govt for granted, and forgot what it means to have vision and develop policy)

Disagree, Bracks did well in his early days remember. Also the libs started sounding very stale after the loss (classic of polis who took govt for granted, and forgot what it means to have vision and develop policy)

It was the city country divide with that election, alp put their resources into the rural and semi rural electorates that felt Kennett was to Melbourne centric.

Well your pretty basic logic is wrong, again

I never said how the vote would change because there are far too many variables AS I JUST ******* SAID.

Having buyers remorse is one thing, but it means nothing if you dont vote or more of the other mob rock up this time

The "i changed my mind" crowd are vocal, but are stupid and should be ignored

And stop misrepresenting what i say ffs

Uyzdxlu.gif

I'm not misrepresenting what you say, and my logic wasn't wrong the first time, not it cannot be wrong 'again'.

You said 'apparently millions of brits regret voting leave and would change their mind if a vote was done today'.

Presumably, if this was true, it would show up in the polling. It has not. Simple as that.

Yes, but FE was only a month after the election, and was waited upon by all parties to decide who would be the gov't.
Moreover, the Kennett by-election was only 3 months after the election.

Uyzdxlu.gif

I'm not misrepresenting what you say, and my logic wasn't wrong the first time, not it cannot be wrong 'again'.

You said 'apparently millions of brits regret voting leave and would change their mind if a vote was done today'.

Presumably, if this was true, it would show up in the polling. It has not. Simple as that.

For the third time, it may not

You are assuming people who voted will still vote, and those who didn't won't. Many millions didn't vote at all remember, and knowing who will actually turn out is a bigger influencer on the final outcome than this.

It's not that ******* hard

For the third time, it may not

You are assuming people who voted will still vote, and those who didn't won't. Many millions didn't vote at all remember, and knowing who will actually turn out is a bigger influencer on the final outcome than this.

It's not that ******* hard

Polling includes undecideds (who would be mostly likely not to vote), and accounts for people that are unlikely to vote.

Polling includes undecideds (who would be mostly likely not to vote), and accounts for people that are unlikely to vote.

Polling for who will vote on the day is notoriously inaccurate. People don't rock up because of rain, assuming they know what the result will be (and their vote doesn't matter), better stuff to do on the day comes up, etc

Likely voter/unlikely voter is better than not having it at all, but it's not a great gauge of measuring voter commitment

The referendum had 72% turnout which is normal (British elections normally bounce between 60-80%). You'd assume the attention this has garnered a re vote would see that go up, but as we saw with the trump election attention anger or emotion doesn't equal engagement. The vote was only out by 1.4m, but when a re vote could go up or down by 4.6m just on turnout, the buyers remorse number is the minor factor.

IMO, I wouldn't guess which way turnout would go in a revote. The chaos that has followed this whole process could either engage people to vote, or piss the off enough they walk away entirely. Then you have the leadership and campaign strategies both camps would have - remain were appaulling, but could/would they improve?? No improvement means no engagement, and no engagement means s**t voter turnout

With voluntary voting elections there is a reason why the getting out to vote and voter suppression campaigns are so important.

Id love to see a vote break down based upon electorate to see if/how this would influence the result

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisapple...-next-election?utm_term=.ffo446eK9#.vj2AAjbym

To see how the country’s referendum vote could affect a general election, we’ve translated the referendum results (which in England, Scotland and Wales were counted by council area, not constituency) into results broken down by parliamentary seats.

And when you do that, you get a radically different outcome. Instead of a close result, Leave win in a landslide.
Although the referendum result was close nationally, Remain piled up many of its votes in a relatively small number of constituencies (London and Scotland being prime examples). As a result, the UK’s first-past-the-post electoral system would produce an extremely skewed result.

In our projection, Leave would win 421 seats across the UK, while Remain would win just 229.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back