Brian Cook- Carlton to win at least one flag next 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Cook didn't say they win the flag in 2023
Nor that Voss would be coach for all the five year period he referred to. Plenty of water still to flow under this bridge, it's not like their list is being held together by a few star 30+ plus players.
This is true, however, if we're looking at Cook's 5 years then Wietering and McKay are 30, Curnow is 31, Cripps and Saad are 33 and Docherty will be 34.

They can't wait 5 years. The Blues list is primed now and the next couple.

I’d have sour grapes if my club was relegated to being Carlton’s feeder system. Can’t wait to take another quality player off them soon.
Looks like your forward line is really struggling.
I feel a third tall and another small is needed.
Taberner and colyer could be available for the right price!

Looks like your forward line is really struggling.
I feel a third tall and another small is needed.
Taberner and colyer could be available for the right price!
If only Carlton had picked cerra instead of dow,kept their draft pick and drafted jye amiss they could actually kick straight lmao.......thank God they are a basketcase and we now have amiss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Primed for what?
I think he means their main core players are at the age where they should be at their peak. When this group of players are in their early to mid 30's they would not be at their peak and missed their opportunity to contest for the flag.

In other words the next one or two years will be as good as it gets for this list.

There have been lots of examples of teams climbing from the bottom of the ladder to flag contention in five years or less. Imagine if there were people being paid big $ to run a club who were not trying to win a premiership in the next five years...?

In other words the next one or two years will be as good as it gets for this list.
Or maybe 2022 was as good as it gets?

94% of games played by their top 9 players who are in their prime years.

Brownlow Medalist.

Coleman Medalist.

3 x All-Australians (5 in 40 man squad).

Given their list quality falls away so drastically after their top 9.

I have always believed that the issue for us was list depth. Our best 22 can beat anyone especially now Voss has stopped overcoaching.

The issue I have always had is if we have a few key injuries. Going into the last 4 weeks without Walsh, McKay, Silvagni, Kennedy, Boyd, Williams, Motlop is going to make it hard.

I still think we can make finals but to go further we need close to our Best 22 on the park

I genuinely miss the presence of all the Freo nuffs on the main board. Haven't heard from any of them for around two months now. They were good value and relatively easy pickings too.
only because carlton poaches our victorian players. lol

Still remember the days of Carlton being hopeless from 2002-08. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back