Brian Taylor stood down from commentating on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports that Brian Taylor has been stood down from 3aw in the wake of his homophobic sledge against Harry Taylor.

OH BOY WOWEEE!!!!

BIG BOY SACKAVOY!!!

Edit - Only for the day - *en Sam Edmunds. Make your tweets clearer dickhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he calls people NTTAWWTter on air, can you imagine what goes on behind the cameras

I wish Richo or someone else would spill the beans on what he's like behind the cameras.

I've heard he's Andrew Strauss like off air.

Is this true? If so I suspect it has more to do with 3AW seizing the opportunity to move him on in the wake of poor ratings rather than moral outrage.

Last weekend, BT made a comment on 3AW’s Football Preview regarding Seb Costello “looking rather gay”
Come Monday night he was forced to issue an on-air apology during 3AW’s Sports Today.
An apology that was obviously made under duress and whilst seething that he had been rightfully chastised and taken to task by station management.
Would assume management were not happy about his lack of contrition at the time and it now looks as though he may not get the chance to make a second apology on air tomorrow night.

Stupid thing is, Brian is actually quite intelligent and has some very interesting things to say about the game itself.

The downside is his constant bullying of talk-back callers and colleagues and his complete inability to admit he is ever wrong.
I am sick of listening to him make a statement on air, only to completely deny “That is what he said” ten minutes later when taken to task by a caller or fellow commentator.
His standard tactic is to bully his dissenter into complete submission by either talking over the top of them or ignoring them and moving to the next caller.
Unfortunately the podcast doesn’t lie Brian.

The classic case was when he stated unequivocally a few weeks back that Caro had called Dr Bruce Reid “evil”
This went on for 2 days until finally someone played back the audio.
Consequently, the subject as very quickly changed with no hint of an apology.

His other letdown is his unashamed and completely biased support of anything Malthouse.
Don’t dare criticize Mick or you will feel the full brunt of the Bully Bristle !!!
Real commentators must cringe at being in the same booth.

As for the way he bullied Doc Larkin last weekend when he was trying to explain the obvious regarding Medical Conferences and their required confidentiality and the fact that shared information is the backbone of progress in the medical world – that was downright embarrassing.

Standard practice when BT is at the wheel.
I wonder who will be driving the bus this time next week.

Honestly, I'm not glad he has been stood down. I think he needs to be more careful and disagree with your position re offence but him being sacked doesn't please me.

People do love to be offended on behalf of other people. It's our real national sport.

But comments like that have no place in our game. He's a dreadful commentator so I was hoping that Channel 7 would use it to sack him but unfortunately that's not the case.

People do love to be offended on behalf of other people. It's our real national sport.

But comments like that have no place in our game. He's a dreadful commentator so I was hoping that Channel 7 would use it to sack him but unfortunately that's not the case.
I agree on both points, however I am not cheerleading his sacking. Ultimately if he made a genuine effort at contrition, it may do more good.

Surely it's pretty obvious to everyone that it's all Eddie's fault. I think he should be roundly condemned by the paragons of piety on the Big Footy star chamber, and ordered to undergo counselling by the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back