Preview Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles - Gabba - Saturday 7 May, 7:25 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is how we line up and Payne kills it in defence and gives Fages a selection headache.

Lol there is some good gear on the West Coast board:

image001-png.1393610

I wouldn't be playing Froggy myself. At this stage.

It's a difficult situation when we don't rest players for anyone else to get a look in. The only reason I want Tommy to get a game is that I think he'll end up a better player than some we've got in there. And I don't want it to be somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im ok with Lester coming in as he is good coverage for Darcy. We know having him fit as coverage will be important come finals time.

But I will stay in the camp (I've been in it for about 3 years now) that we don't rotate our team enough. I really really really hope it doesn't come bite us in the are come finals again

Usually agree with you 'Mr Ripper', but I cant help but think Fullarton could have been given a game down back (subject to Payne playing forward) as he played back against Dogs in practice match and some of the games sims. I think he know needs a really good block of games at VFL and McStay leaves, otherwise could be delisted at years end. Anyway all the best to Lester.

So disappointed that either T.Berry or Dev not named in 22. Surely the game to give Berry and Zorks a rest. I have no idea what the coaches are telling them but would not be surprised to see Dev leave at seasons end. Tom might stay because of his brother but he should make his own mark, if need be at a new club.

So Dev & T.Berry might leave if we don't give them one game while we rest Zorks & J.Berry?

If that's the way it transpires then so be it.

So much talk about Dev being a leader. You think that was all made up? A leader doesn't expect an easy ride, or cheap step up into the senior side, he knows he has to earn it, and I'm confident he will.

Im ok with Lester coming in as he is good coverage for Darcy. We know having him fit as coverage will be important come finals time.

But I will stay in the camp (I've been in it for about 3 years now) that we don't rotate our team enough. I really really really hope it doesn't come bite us in the are come finals again

Lethal build a dynasty on consistency, Lester knows the game plan back to front and is the most mature/flexible player on our list. I'm comfortable.

So Dev & T.Berry might leave if we don't give them one game while we rest Zorks & J.Berry?

So much talk about Dev being a leader. You think that was all made up? A leader doesn't expect an easy ride, or cheap step up into the senior side, he knows he has to earn it, and I'm confident he will.

And if he doesn't WC will sell the farm for him no doubt!

Probably worded it wrong. I didn’t want to see Lester again because our youth had surpassed him. Hopefully it is only for a week and we have better options.
I am on record about 5 or 6 years ago saying that we would never move up the ladder and into finals with both Ryan Lester and Rohan Bewick in the team.
2 or 3 years after that statement we proceeded to make the finals with Lester in the team and playing bloody good footy.
He is no longer in the best 22 but he deserves a game just as much as anyone else on the list.

I truly don’t get the hate on Lester. He would be up the pecking order if we were to cop an injury to a KPP. He is more than solid, especially as a 3rd tall. I think it is vital that Payne gets exposure at the top level also. Who knows what injuries/covid will occur later in the season. Fagan also seemed rather bullish. Don’t be fooled by the team sheet. He will be playing up forward

I love Froggy as much as anyone. I don't know what the thinking is going into this match against a completely depleted opposition but the time was right to mix it up a little.

So it is what it is. As long as we don't end up losing players with potential for the sake of playing someone who's next in line I'm cool with it.

No I don't think his potential leadership credentials were made up, and I really hope he stays for a decade, as I think he is already a good player and it will be our loss. Andrews is still young and will be the next captain.

WA Lad,
assume family still live in WA.
Eagles definitely looking for some leadership
Lions apparently are pretty tight with salary,
I believe OOC 2022
Does not seem to be an immediate vacancy on the wing or midfield at Lions
Very likely be in Eagles best 22...

Apparently playing reasonably well in the 2's chance to manage Zorko and Berry before Adelaide trip, I think Dev could have got a run this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back