Toast Brodie Smith 250

Remove this Banner Ad

PLEASE NOTE

Please note this is a celebration thread for Brodie Smith

Positive comments only

Was robbed of mark of the year a couple of years back
Wasn't even nominated for mark of the week. It resulted in a concussion didn't it? If so, then I have no doubt the league didn't want to reward it because of that.

I remember the knock on him when he was drafted was that he was a poor kick too, certainly proved that one wrong.

So rare to get the combination of height, pace and skills that Brodie had.
His first game he looked like he belonged at the level. He unleashed a decent kick from HB in that game to set up a goal.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At his peak, he was A-grade with the penetrating kicks and decent accuracy. I feel the penetration and accuracy has dropped to some extent in the last 1-2 years. Hoping to see a vintage Smith 600 metres-gained game soon, preferably in this milestone match!

Remember watching one of his first games at AAMI and thinking wow, what a weird kicking style. Bloody made it work though. Players like him at his prime are worth their weight in gold, the types that can clear the zone with a 60m dart. Him going down in 17 definitely hurt more than it seems to get credit for.

May we see some vintage Smithers in show today, including a long bomb goal.

Hopefully his team mates make his 250th memorable for a gun of our club.
Hope he has a great match. Im sure no one will bag him on here if we lose. :think:Smithers has been a favourite of mine over the years but time is catching up.:(

250 games is something that will put Smithers up there with our best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back