Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish i did

Me too! Pretty much ruined any chance I had of doing well this year. Should have seen it coming too.. had him marked down for quite a few sneaky votes that actually came through last night. Disappointing but I've got nobody to blame but myself!

I should have known it would be full of bragging ******s, MOST of whom posted nothing beforehand but more than willing to dig the boots in after the fact :rolleyes:

Baywatch Kudos to you, the rest of you grow the **** up.

(btw before someone says im bitter I did ok, I just don't see the point waving my hands around and being a ****ing wooo girl)

Tough luck Char :(

Put too much faith in Pendles, so I only came out a little ahead last night. Oh well, went mostly high risk - high reward and a lot of it didn't pay off, despite only getting a couple of players wrong.

Amazing the amount of people I've never seen before bragging now... I wouldn't have actually faulted a lot of the info that didn't pan out from the more senior posters, just seems the umps didn't see it as they were expected too this year, more-so than last couple of years anyway. Baywatch was spot on with his assessment, and thoughts on umps being strange creatures!

Tough luck to those who lost money, well done to those who made some.

Well I'm up but not by a lot (less than last year by a long way despite putting down more). Pretty devastated considering I picked 15 winners.

Was far too confident on Cox and not confident enough in Swanny, and Black halving a heap of my multis didn't help.

Ah well congrats on your winnings guys. Hopefully next year there's better value.

I should have known it would be full of bragging ******s, MOST of whom posted nothing beforehand but more than willing to dig the boots in after the fact :rolleyes:

(btw before someone says im bitter I did ok, I just don't see the point waving my hands around and being a ****ing wooo girl)

Another who needs to know their role and shute their mouths.....MUG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone on the priv boards care to share how BK went? I remember him saying last year that he fully respected Swans polling ability and on many other years, disregarding Judd of course, could have easily won. Well this was the year I guess!

For me I got undone by Murphy rd 12 leader- I thought he had that one stitched up but hey that's brownlow betting for you, and as Baywatch said, umps are unpredictable, and pendles was the beneficiary there.

Another interesting note that a mate of mine addressed last night-apparently the umpires in the showdown game wouldn't have known that Westhoff won the medal (since they would have already walked off the ground after the game before the medal was given-plus I think the medal was given in the rooms but I may be wrong here). With that knowledge I would have definitely not locked the hoff in for 3 that game, however I would have probably had him on 4 overall and then been in the position to back gray more heavily. However, in saying that, I think the lesson learnt from this years brownlow (at least in my situation) is to just be very wary when trying to pick the highest poller from a team where the winner is only going to get around 5 votes. Having the hoff in a large percentage of multis was definitely not the best decision-though I still came out positive with a few Gray savers. As many have said already, you live and learn.

Thanks again everyone for your insight and thoughts-one things for sure, this year proved that bagging and not considering other peoples opinions will (in some way, shape or form) come back to haunt you.

i think this thread needs too be shut for the good of the punting board, half of these chumps slinging s**t ive never seen on here before...

I'm enjoying reading everyone's success stories (less so the failure ones :p) - keen to see if anyone really cleaned up big time or if the winnings were severely diminished compared to last year?

And if we do close the thread, we'll need someone to volunteer to start the 2012 edition first :D

I'm enjoying reading everyone's success stories (less so the failure ones :p) - keen to see if anyone really cleaned up big time or if the winnings were severely diminished compared to last year?

And if we do close the thread, we'll need someone to volunteer to start the 2012 edition first :D
Was trying to think of a way to get it back onto the stats board next year haha. Perhaps a thread about Brownlow statistics, discuss some history, etc and then launch into our counts for 2012 under the radar? haha. Minus the majority of punt talk of course.

Was trying to think of a way to get it back onto the stats board next year haha. Perhaps a thread about Brownlow statistics, discuss some history, etc and then launch into our counts for 2012 under the radar? haha. Minus the majority of punt talk of course.

Sounds good to me! :thumbsu: :) In saying that - bags not starting it ;)

Anyone on the priv boards care to share how BK went? I remember him saying last year that he fully respected Swans polling ability and on many other years, disregarding Judd of course, could have easily won. Well this was the year I guess!

For me I got undone by Murphy rd 12 leader- I thought he had that one stitched up but hey that's brownlow betting for you, and as Baywatch said, umps are unpredictable, and pendles was the beneficiary there.

Another interesting note that a mate of mine addressed last night-apparently the umpires in the showdown game wouldn't have known that Westhoff won the medal (since they would have already walked off the ground after the game before the medal was given-plus I think the medal was given in the rooms but I may be wrong here). With that knowledge I would have definitely not locked the hoff in for 3 that game, however I would have probably had him on 4 overall and then been in the position to back gray more heavily. However, in saying that, I think the lesson learnt from this years brownlow (at least in my situation) is to just be very wary when trying to pick the highest poller from a team where the winner is only going to get around 5 votes. Having the hoff in a large percentage of multis was definitely not the best decision-though I still came out positive with a few Gray savers. As many have said already, you live and learn.

Thanks again everyone for your insight and thoughts-one things for sure, this year proved that bagging and not considering other peoples opinions will (in some way, shape or form) come back to haunt you.

BK was the one that went hard on Murph at R12 and Goodes overall. He would have taken a big hit with those but he would have ended up a long way ahead, there really wasn't a surprise in the Team votes. A couple of lucky ones like Thompson polling terribly at Adelaide but still winning, cox over polling but still behind Priddisoodle. I very much doubt their board would be in mourning ...Im fairly sure that they would have had Rockliff in alot of Multi's hence Twarbs and Stuzi talking up Redden for weeks...

Congrats to everyone that came out on top.

Was lucky to win $4k from $400. Got on sportsbet before they restricted the amount of legs. All multies got up except Westhoffs one's which were hedged with Gray. I had a five figure sum ready to go in my TAB account but since the TAB changed there mind on multi's could only afford the $400 to quickly chuck in Sportsbet. A bit annoyed that I didn't/couldn't bet more.

Had a dabble at singles markets only to get my money back really. Now know not to use them next year. Seems that's how the bookies trapped a few.

Fyfe/Cotchin/Gray/Priddis got me the value. Trusted my instincts with Cotchin as I feel he caught the eye similiar to Boak last year. A few must have got burnt with Martin as his odds were crunched from his opening price. Stayed clear of Collingwood, had Swan beating Pendles but my head said Pendles would beat him so I stayed clear.

I admire Twarby and your confidence, it takes balls to back yourself like that but it shows not to shut down other opinions either. Not sure if this will get answered but I gather the majority of you blokes would have got burnt including BK? I guess you all came to the conclusion not to cover Swan and back Goodes.

Anyway I look forward to next year, hopefully lessons are learnt to shut your mouths as sites like phantom brownlow will take our info and adjust odds accordingly. Sure post your votes on here but keep team leaders and overall leaders to PM's.

Cheers mate :thumbsu: Glad you ended up in front at the end of the night...

Put too much faith in Pendles, so I only came out a little ahead last night. Oh well, went mostly high risk - high reward and a lot of it didn't pay off, despite only getting a couple of players wrong.

Amazing the amount of people I've never seen before bragging now... I wouldn't have actually faulted a lot of the info that didn't pan out from the more senior posters, just seems the umps didn't see it as they were expected too this year, more-so than last couple of years anyway. Baywatch was spot on with his assessment, and thoughts on umps being strange creatures!

Tough luck to those who lost money, well done to those who made some.

They definately are strange! As I stated in a previous post this is now the 8th time i've managed to pick the winner out of past 13 years.... Some years have been way off the mark (Cooney, Goodes, Judd last year) as some experienced punters felt this year, i'm certain it will be a different story next year for them. There are many aspects I use when assessing where the votes will fall and I was one the right side of the Umps this year. :thumbsu:

See you all again for next years big night! Onto the GF now! Go Cats :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back