Review BULLDOGS WIN- The Bombers Anti-Streak lives on

Remove this Banner Ad

Whipping boys Gardner, Schache and Young all played their roles. Can't ask for more. Young looked better the longer it went, Schache took all his chances and Gards never really put a foot wrong.

Treloar OK but a bit quick to give up on the pressure at times....maybe next week.

Wouldn't be too many changes I expect.

Reminded me a lot of our win over the Giants earlier in the year. In bad weather, have a lead at various stages of the game when we shouldn't, then blitz them late when the other team needs to try and chase a win.

Well, that was a game of two halves. Some tear your hair out stuff in the first, and a clinic on wet weather footy and how to demoralise your opponent in the second.

My crow to be eaten includes:
- English: still don’t think he’s a ruck but much better effort and played a big game, didn’t foresee that
- Young: not a ruck either (yet) but some real signs there and loved the mongrel
- Wood: I had stamped his papers but really stood up in the second half.
- Schache: so nice to trust someone with set shots, never looks like missing
- Bevo: you’re a madman but somehow it worked! Give us another one next week!

I also lambasted Treloar and Dunkley at ht, looked disinterested but both found their mojo and hopefully it’s now back permanently. Captain also stood up when it mattered.

By the next time we play, we’ll be one of only five teams left in it against a side who’ve won one of their last five finals - including a straight sets exit two years ago and staring another in the face this year. Bring. It. On.

I've been thinking about this. It's going to be a tag that'll have to wear for years even though I don't think he milked any of them. Hope that doesn't get to him mentally or make umpires reluctant to blow the whistle when they see infringements against him.

Agree the shirtfront on the boundary line was a bit lucky (but probably technically correct) but then again he wasn't trying to milk that, he bounced straight up to get back into the contest and seemed pleasantly surprised to get the free. The rest were all legit IMO. We also need to remember Essendon got a lot of soft ones as well so it's not like the Weightman frees were exceptional. However theirs weren't inside 50. The Dons were just stupid enough to infringe close to goal.

Typical bad loser form from the EssenSun though. Playing to their market base as usual.
How about they comment on Essendon's lowest score in a final in 113 years and the first goalless second half by any club in an EF in 69 years? No, that won't sell clicks.

Take out Weightman's four goals and we still win it by a huge margin for a wet weather game.

We only lost by a couple to port.
That game could of went either way, did you see what port did to the cats?
Dunks and adz looked great in the 2nd half.
Gradner, schache and Lewy all contributed being underdone in their respective positions.

I wasn’t talking about myself in my post, I was giving an excuse for others.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm just relieved that the umps appear to have received my cheque this week after the three weeks I couldn't send them one while I was in hospital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devon Smith rivals Toby Greene for a being an A grade crab. My word he is useless and a sniper to boot. Also Zach Merrett is a real good player but that underbelly will always be oh so tender.

And before I forget, as always win, lose or draw Essendon lost nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back