Buying NBA tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
For those that have been to big NBA games before, am I better off buying tickets now or waiting until closer to the date?

Planning to see the Celtics Sixers game on Christmas day. Typically tickets are meant to get cheaper closer to the date as people become more desperate, but am wondering if this would apply to such a big matchup?

Am I at risk at missing out due to a sellout if I wait?

For those that have been to big NBA games before, am I better off buying tickets now or waiting until closer to the date?

Planning to see the Celtics Sixers game on Christmas day. Typically tickets are meant to get cheaper closer to the date as people become more desperate, but am wondering if this would apply to such a big matchup?

Am I at risk at missing out due to a sellout if I wait?
Do you mean they become cheaper due to people becoming more desperate to re-sale? Monitor the ticket sales on Stub Hub if you aren't already all over it, they show the stadium seating plan so you can see what seats have been sold and what hasn't and list all the re-sale tickets. If you aren't based in the States and this is part of something you want to do as part of a Holiday I would definitely snap them up now so you don't miss out. I went to GSW @ OKC in April this year right at the end of the regular season and it was a sell out. Tickets were ridiculously expensive. We sat way up the back in the rafters and it cost about 350 USD for 2 tickets probably 2 months out from the game. Everything else was pretty much sold at that stage unless I wanted to pay 1K for a ticket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back