List Mgmt. Calling All Armchair List Managers: Give Us Your Rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

To me the most important thing right now is backing in the coach to see out the rebuild, don't wanna see some half-assed s**t of "well you had 3-4 few years off ya go" - we were willing to commit with Hardwick long term and it paid off. We should do the same with Yze and put the right people around him to get the most of the players.

you don’t want to cut to hard. All youth and zero experience ruins development. I’m keeping both vlastuin and baker. I think you trade martin and look at options for Bolton

If Freo really want a small forward and willing depending on where both their first round picks finish, we should ask Shai the question and pitch in for salary cap space.

Having 3 first round picks or two in the top 7 or 8 would be a great start to the rebuild.

Free agents - Throw the sink at McCluggage but I doubt he leaves, Josh Battle too. Make an offer to Ben Ainsworth, Harry Perryman, Ollie Florent and Will Hayward as free agents. All of which would walk into our side. Hopefully we could land a couple of them.
Which ever way we go with a rebuild, I'd be keeping my powder dry with free agents until we're Top 4 material. Identify what we need and then sell them the dream.

BTW TT, I don't rate McCluggage anywhere near as highly as you do.

I wouldn't be too aggressive like a North, I think when you are not winning but competitive you can overreact, but at the same time we can't keep rolling out the same players that don't get the job done.

I would be telling Pickett & McIntosh to look at their options.
I would de-list Ralphsmith & Colina.

Players we haven't seen yet like Steely Green & Kaleb Smith are really hard to judge.

I want to just focus on more senior players.

Liam Baker is a player that I would not be pushing out the door but would also be weary to overpay.

Jack Graham is a player I think we should have traded previously or he should have left for himself, value is at all time low now due to injuries & form.

M. Rioli is one where I think he might be on the edge of being cut at the end of the year although he has good pressure.
He doesn't seem to me to be the best professional in the off-season & hasn't exactly come on as ppl would hope.

Dow is another one where a lot is riding on this season if he can't make it this year he never will.

Noah Cumberland I suspect would be looking eslewhere for a new home has talent but lacks in some areas not sure he puts on the greatest pressure for his size & can be known to make a silly error which does cost you at the higher level.

Jacob Bauer, look just to be frank i don't think he will make it only 192cm not really big enough for a key doesn't have the smarts & would not have the agility to be a medium 3rd tall.

Sampson Ryan, can see staying on the list as back-up only 23 and Nankervis is getting older, am I sold on Sampson Ryan? no
To me he could be a good ruck but imo he lacks physicality and it's really hard to play both him & Lynch in the same forward line.

I think you keep playing your Tom Brown, James Trezise & Clarke.
Obviously it's big year Tyler Sonsie.
I don't think Kane Mcauliffe will be too far behind from getting game all those guys pump games into them.

even footy classified are playing along

Let me guess... it's Kane Cornes who's driving this saying we should trade Liam Baker despite him saying last year he should be our captain.

We already know what we are doing full-scale rebuild saying that out loud is such a cop out.
We have a plan to be balanced & make tough decisions that are required we don't want to be North Melbourne.
And we do what North did you know who will be the first to critcize us? that's right Kane Cornes he flip flops.
He said Hawthorn were tanking start of the last year than few months later calling Sam Mitchell a genius..

Ralphsmith has too much athleticism to delist. He's worth the patience.
Athleticism only takes you too far he has poor skills that can't be fixed & lacks toughness, I would rather someone that has 60-80% of his athletic ability but can kick the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cant pay any of Bakers contract as hes out of contract at seasons end. Taranto we could, but we arent getting a top 15 pick anyway. As for Dusty surely people arent expecting better than a 4th rounder for a 33 year old via FA compo??
Dusty is still worth a first rounder and clubs will pay for him as he will bring a lot more to their clubs off the field than on it.

Two questions….

Do we actually get a campo pick for dusty leaving ? I was under the impression that we don’t.

Is there a limit to how much we can pay the contract of a player playing elsewhere?

For example, can we pay 100% of Baker’s contract for the first two years in exchange for a top 5 pick…. Or 80% of Torranto’s wage for a top 15 pick?

If we do go rebuild and lose a few players (also, Lynch and Dusty’s big contracts end this year) it is not like we will be lacking salary cap space or anyone to really spend it on.

Almost positive we don't

And your idea around Baker is smart. We should do that as much as we can before the AFL crack the shits and change the rules. It's high quality picks at all cost time. Surely the supporters can wear a few years of sucking if it means we get more of this

1711363263800.png

Last edited:
Dusty is still worth a first rounder and clubs will pay for him as he will bring a lot more to their clubs off the field than on it.

lol no they wont.

he is out of contract. no one is trading for him. that moment was last year. We will lose him for nothing at the end of the year to GC

We badly, badly, badly need to nail some top-end draft picks, and pull a smokey out of our arse

We have some promising players under 22, but honestly none who strike me as blue-chip bona fide stars
got a lot of what look like b-graders, if we're realistic. contributors but not stars. hopeful on kane becoming that consistent 30+mid we've been chasing but we need an injection of talent big time. not sure what the draft looks like this year but we need to cash in on the hand we've got. the draft this year is going to be ******* tense, could make or break us for a decade.

Graham out pick between 30 and 35

Broad for a pick between 20 and 25 tho only if he wanted to go. (I'd like to keep him and Flossy for leadership down back.)

Baker out for <13 and a second round ( if he wants to go)

Trade for Carlton's first. If we have the picks Brisbane's too.

Dependant upon the draft rating, and where we finish and what Baker is doing, id try and work our way into the draft with a pick inside the first 3 and our second inside the top 10 with another inside the top 15 (if possible).
And keep next year's first! (Non negotiable)

I'd trade absolutely nobody in from another club unless they were a free agent. Even then, I'd still be hesitant.

Draft wise I'd be targeting mids that have an aggressive, offensive game. Vanilla mids can be found anywhere. (Plus we have enough of them). I'd also like a crash and bash key forward in the Lynch mould.

I would consider another tall back but feel that can be addressed at a later draft/trade period.

I'd like to try Dan and Short on the wings for the year, (particularly Dan) try and plug those positions and allow the both of them the ability to deliver the ball inside 50

If we do the above then I'd have Brown play as our running back, encouraging him to get offensive any chance he can.

Hopper Taranto and Prestia don't work, everyone can see it. Very vanilla. I hope while both Prestia and Hopper are out we continue to run the kids through the middle. Yes Dow too.

As dumb as it might sound I'd make Taranto just hunt the ball. He a natural accumulator of the footy so play him to his strengths and except he's going to have a few loose disposals.

Id also push Bolton onto the ball for 3 to 4 min bursts 3-4 times a quarter. He needs to become a proper mid forward not a forward mid. Or at worst an offensive wing.

Give Cumberland a run! I'm not a fan of his but, he is a goal kicker and can be dangerous IF he gets going.

I'd play Dusty as a permanent CHF. Allowing him to create in the area he's most dangerous.

I really liked Sonsie across the half forward line. I'd be running a 70/30 split of forward midfield maybe even consider 50/50 (rotate with Bolton?). Ball use is key in modern footy. His and Seths class across half forward could become a real weapon.

In terms of retirements Pickett Macca and Grimes would almost be certainties. While Prestia's body has absolutely let him down.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade: Bolton, Martin, Short, Balta, Baker. Martin is off to GC, the others are overhyped and inconsistent and will yield more than they are worth. Take on salary as much as you can for contenders and buy two top picks. Draft primarily KPPs. Then focus on midfield while eating s**t for 2-3 years. Then trade in talent and buy FAs for whatever gaps are remaining, then contend and hope AFL headquarters won’t butt * us again.

Trade: Bolton, Martin, Short, Balta, Baker. Martin is off to GC, the others are overhyped and inconsistent and will yield more than they are worth. Take on salary as much as you can for contenders and buy two top picks. Draft primarily KPPs. Then focus on midfield while eating s**t for 2-3 years. Then trade in talent and buy FAs for whatever gaps are remaining, then contend and hope AFL headquarters won’t butt * us again.
This is how you doom a club for 60 years.

Trade Bolton?? my god people on here... we need more of him did you not watch the game on the weekend he is like the only player in our team that can burst away from a midfield stoppage. the rest are plodders.

We had the 5 picksnin 2021, if we have another 5 in top 30 this year thatbshould be 10 players to pump games into. That means 5 players can be retired/ delisted. After that there isn't much point as a number 50 probably will.be worse than ralphsmith or rioli, so it would just be like for like, e.g. if baker goes we replace him with the draft pick we get. That just helps make our side younger so we rebuild faster.

So let's say we manoeuvre all our picks for 5ish first 2 round picks, and then get picks for baker. Graham, I think certainly, and then if they decide to go dusty, broad, then it is 7 to 9 picks in the top 40ish? So our team gets really really younger, and then from 2025 we can draft and start adding free agents, that's a rebuild in about 3 years?

I think the important thing is good drafting. The articles on toce are talking him up.

Leave Balta fwd. Make Graham play 1/2 game , then 3/4 game in magoos. If body holds up and he dominates bring him back in if not make him earn his spot. Drop 1 of Kmac/ Pickett and only one can play in any given game. Trial Brown, Short and Banks on wings alternating HBF. Grimes plays 2/3 season only. Sonsie and Mcaulliffe both in and we take the good with the bad. Ross more midfield time. Nank & Lynch get 3 rest games minimum so don’t break down. MRJ and Lefau back to magoos. Clarke gets a month block in seniors if plays well he stays in, Green & Coulthard get 8-10 games let the cream rise. Campbell stays in. Play bloody Cumberland 10-15 games.

Depending on form Bauer, Ryan or Kozitsche get promoted. All out of contract players get minimum 4-5 senior games. EOY: Retire Grimes, Colina, Kmac/ Pickett (maybe both depending on form) if Dow doesn't lift and huge improvement delist. Ditto MRJ & Ralphsmith.. Prestia rookie salary or adios.

Trade Baker for pick <10. Broad pick 25??? Take FA comp for Graham. Pump games into the kids especially 2021 haul trying in all positions height appropriate. Might as well take our medicine this year and next and bottom out. Invest in the Draft. Pay blokes like short, vlastuin, D. Rioli up front as much as cap permits.

Wheel and deal our late picks with Blues, Brisbane, whoever needs points. Start targeting FA and out of contract players EOY 2025. Sam Darcy would be my priority as their salary cap will be stuffed unless they lose 2 of Hagan, Bailey and English. Target GC, GWS, North and Sydney gun fringe players especially with good skills.

Start seducing Tom Green, Noah Anderson, Rowell, especially Green. With Balta being only player looking due for a decent payrise and front ending contracts and Lynch + Dusty massive contracts over by EOY 2025 should have a Spanish Galleon sized war chest.

2 years of pain and maybe a wooden spoon with another 30-40 games in our kids who are our future. If we draft well and use FA we should be back challenging before the Tassie compromised drafts.

Also full overhaul of medical, strength & fitness and skills coaches. Christ beg Choco Williams to come back and get Stevie J to teach how to snap goals and someone to teach tackling too.

Last edited:
Trade Bolton?? my god people on here... we need more of him did you not watch the game on the weekend he is like the only player in our team that can burst away from a midfield stoppage. the rest are plodders.
Provide me a case where these guys are with the club when we are next contending? Thus we need to cash in now.

Feck it...
Nothing polite seems to work with the AFL Old Boys Club...
I would rest every senior player with a niggle...
I would play only the young players...and TANK big time for draft picks!
I would also go public and highlight the poor umpiring in both print and electronic Media...quoting examples...each and every week till the Season ended.
Every time a RFC player/coaches got interviewed I would highlight the free kick count...
Every time a past/retired oppo player mentioned on Twitter/X the unfairness of our free kicks by the Umpires...I would have the Club
interact with them as to why they thought that...
Club ought to be tardy and slow in any dealings with The AFL Old Boys Club...
I would seek legal advice as in challenging the AFL Old Boys Club fairness in umpiring the game.
you start tomorrow! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back