Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton (2W 1L)
Collingwood (2W 1L)

Boasting about having a higher point differential after beating a team that was beaten by 126 points the game before is something I wouldn't even expect from Pies fans
We are talking Carlton form yeah??

Carlton were flying back in July

Regularly kicking 100+, absolutely dominating stoppage and clearances and also ensuring no team kicked more than 10 goals against them.

That form is gone, the shakes have started

Carlton lost clearance battle last 3 weeks Opponents kicking big scores against them
Your own forwardline not functioning well

A dodgy goal umpire review for a W, a get out of jail 4 point win against the Suns (who gave up 20 goals to North) and allowing GWS to kick 100+ is the form Carlton take into the finals.

Rested Cripps and Docherty for the match, brought back 3 players from injury after a month on the sidelines and had Curnow, Weitering and Walsh sitting on the bench laughing for half the last quarter with their feet up relaxing. Something tells me we aren't too worried.

Rested Cripps and Docherty for the match, brought back 3 players from injury after a month on the sidelines and had Curnow, Weitering and Walsh sitting on the bench laughing for half the last quarter with their feet up relaxing. Something tells me we aren't too worried.
So, you're suggesting it was a meaningless game for Carlton?

We are talking Carlton form yeah??

Carlton were flying back in July

Regularly kicking 100+, absolutely dominating stoppage and clearances and also ensuring no team kicked more than 10 goals against them.

That form is gone, the shakes have started

Carlton lost clearance battle last 3 weeks Opponents kicking big scores against them
Your own forwardline not functioning well

A dodgy goal umpire review for a W, a get out of jail 4 point win against the Suns (who gave up 20 goals to North) and allowing GWS to kick 100+ is the form Carlton take into the finals.
Kicking 100 pts is not something to be proud of if you concede more than what you score. Wins and losses are all that matter in sport and we have won 9 of our last 10 no matter how hard you try to discredit those wins.

So, you're suggesting it was a meaningless game for Carlton?
It was the last game of the season where there was no way possible for us to move up or down the ladder. You were claiming ur team pulled up stumps in round 20 when you could have still dropped down to 4th on the ladder if you lost ur remaining games.

It was the last game of the season where there was no way possible for us to move up or down the ladder. You were claiming ur team pulled up stumps in round 20 when you could have still dropped down to 4th on the ladder if you lost ur remaining games.
So we had the double chance locked away, even if we lost our last 5 games?

As stated, not a whole lot to play for...

Melbourne are in a terrible position despite finishing 4th, right?
They're just lucky they'll be vsing the worst minor premiers of the last decade. Read any media outlet and any thread on here and its almost universal that everyone is saying they'd prefer to vs the Pies at the G than the Lions at the GABBA.

If the Pies were travelling up to Brisbane that would be an absolute disaster for them after getting flogged twice already this year.

They're just lucky they'll be vsing the worst minor premiers of the last decade. Read any media outlet and any thread on here and its almost universal that everyone is saying they'd prefer to vs the Pies at the G than the Lions at the GABBA.

If the Pies were travelling up to Brisbane that would be an absolute disaster for them after getting flogged twice already this year.
Yep, you're right.

16 and 2 record to lock away top 4 prior to three meaningless losses as they prepare for the real stuff, to finish a game and percentage clear of second = 'worst minor premierships of the last decade'.

I suggest Carlton are the worst 5th placed team in the history of the game. I don't recall a 5th placed team ever losing 8 from 9 games at any stage of a season.

Nonetheless, it's better to be going into a finals series as the perceived 'worst top placed team ever' than the perceived 'best fifth placed team ever'.

Watch your team in a few finals series, and you might start to understand and appreciate that concept...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, you're right.

16 and 2 record to lock away top 4 prior to three meaningless losses as they prepare for the real stuff, to finish a game and percentage clear of second = 'worst minor premierships of the last decade'.

I suggest Carlton are the worst 5th placed team in the history of the game. I don't recall a 5th placed team ever losing 8 from 9 games at any stage of a season.

Nonetheless, it's better to be going into a finals series as the perceived 'worst top placed team ever' than the perceived 'best fifth placed team ever'.

Watch your team in a few finals series, and you might start to understand and appreciate that concept...
It was winning 9 out of 10 games in the second half of the season that made us a great 5th side, selective posting by you again.

Yep, you're right.

Why are the Pies talked up as gettable and clearly the consensus online and in the media as the team they'd prefer to come up against in September when teams like Melbourne and Brisbane are spoken of as teams nobody wants to face?

Coincidence or just a conspiracy against the Colliwobbles and their supporters?

Pies form is garbage and clear flaws in their gameplay have been exposed in the 2nd half of the season where your contested game has fallen back off a cliff to where it was last year just about.

Pies form is garbage and clear flaws in their gameplay have been exposed in the 2nd half of the season where your contested game has fallen back off a cliff to where it was last year just about.
'Fallen off a cliff to just about where it was last year'...

The year we were a kick short of both Grand Finalists in our two losing finals games?

Pretty confident the Pies are as good a chance as anyone in this finals series. And certainly a better chance than all teams outside the top 4.

I wish Tuggers were good again tbh, the banter was much better than Carlton fans. Justabattler flat out embarrassed himself.

Google 'how the AFL finals system works', then you can come back and join in the conversation with the adults.

Larry and Curly - where is Moe?

I ask myself how we have 412 pages in this thread. Then I remember two pages are spent on arguing over whether a team in fifth can be considered "great"... 🤦‍♂️
Good point, but it was Robertio who stated that 5th placed Carlton were a 'great 5th placed side...'

I personally thought Hawthorn this year were a great 16th placed side. You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back