Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, but it was Robertio who stated that 5th placed Carlton were a 'great 5th placed side...'

I personally thought Hawthorn this year were a great 16th placed side. You?
I agree I think Hawthorn were a great 16th placed side. Think Mitchell will go down as one of the greatest coaches of our time

We are talking Carlton form yeah??

Carlton were flying back in July

Regularly kicking 100+, absolutely dominating stoppage and clearances and also ensuring no team kicked more than 10 goals against them.

That form is gone, the shakes have started

Carlton lost clearance battle last 3 weeks Opponents kicking big scores against them
Your own forwardline not functioning well

A dodgy goal umpire review for a W, a get out of jail 4 point win against the Suns (who gave up 20 goals to North) and allowing GWS to kick 100+ is the form Carlton take into the finals.

Melbourne scoring 56 is big?

This has been a great thread and mostly a fun banter place for 2 genuine rival clubs.
Well done to the Pies and Blues on great seasons and good luck! I genuinely hope the footy Gods put you both in the Grand Final for the entertainment of neutrals.

IMG_2180.gif

This has been a great thread and mostly a fun banter place for 2 genuine rival clubs.
Well done to the Pies and Blues on great seasons and good luck! I genuinely hope the footy Gods put you both in the Grand Final for the entertainment of neutrals.

View attachment 1788372

Onya Wooshie!

Special thanks must go to Carlton posters for having to put up with Fudgey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onya Wooshie!

Special thanks must go to Carlton posters for having to put up with Fudgey.
I’m staying neutral and enjoying the show!
With 10,000+ posts means this thread will be rolled over into part 2 after one of you win the GF so then you can lay into eachothers drafting :D

Its a shame old Fudgey will likely do his usual vanishing act once the Pies lose in a couple of weeks. Would have to be getting close to breaking the all time poster contribution for a thread but not sure he has it in him to crack the 2k mark.

Kicking 100 pts is not something to be proud of if you concede more than what you score. Wins and losses are all that matter in sport and we have won 9 of our last 10 no matter how hard you try to discredit those wins.
No discrediting of wins in July, more a note as to why that is deemed current?

Pies have 18 wins, but this is overlooked because we dropped a couple of games once top4 was assured.

Of teams that made finals, only Carlton would have a negative points differential over the last 3 weeks...hardly amazing current form.

No discrediting of wins in July, more a note as to why that is deemed current?

Pies have 18 wins, but this is overlooked because we dropped a couple of games once top4 was assured.

Of teams that made finals, only Carlton would have a negative points differential over the last 3 weeks...hardly amazing current form.
Mate, I never overlooked any of Collingwood's wins (except maybe against Ess 😄).

Its a shame old Fudgey will likely do his usual vanishing act once the Pies lose in a couple of weeks. Would have to be getting close to breaking the all time poster contribution for a thread but not sure he has it in him to crack the 2k mark.
1. With the exception of the occasional threadban and suspension, I have never gone missing. If you're suggesting I go missing whenever Carlton perform, I've really had no reason to go missing since I joined BigFooty in 2007.

2. I went back and did a little exercise about Carlton posters going missing when it was all doom and gloom at the mid-point of the season, and it was a very interesting outcome. There are a handful of posters who stuck it out, and they are the ones with credibility. I'll let you work out which group you are in...

1. With the exception of the occasional threadban and suspension, I have never gone missing. If you're suggesting I go missing whenever Carlton perform, I've really had no reason to go missing since I joined BigFooty in 2007.

2. I went back and did a little exercise about Carlton posters going missing when it was all doom and gloom at the mid-point of the season, and it was a very interesting outcome. There are a handful of posters who stuck it out, and they are the ones with credibility. I'll let you work out which group you are in...
Those 'threadbans' seem to have lined up an awful lot with nights we've had a good win this year.

Wait wait wait a minute.

Fadgey made his account in 2007???

Are you telling me he has to be over 20??

That makes no sense!

...... actually now that i think about it.... If we account for the fact hes a Collingwood fan and a bit of a nuffy...... Yeah ok never mind, checks out.

I'd be confident that we can beat the Swans, and i reckon that the Demons will beat the Pies, and there you go we'll have our first Carlton v Collingwood finals game since 1988.
I’m confident that Collingwood beat Melbourne and I reckon that Sydney will beat Carlton.

There you go, Collingwood into another Prelim and Carlton exiting with a whimper and be the forgotten finalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back