Carlton and Essendon will rule Australian Football again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne have a hell of a long way to go. A hell of a long way. They have some good young talent but they are a fair way off a solid 22 let alone any depth beyond that.

Whether Melbourne challange for a flag in 3 - 5 years time depends on their list management from now on and while not at the bottom than it does on who they scored while crap. Hawks didn't sneak a flag becasue they got Franklin & Roughhead to backup Hodge & co. The won because on top of that they had a few good older players like Crawford, they got Lewis at 7 after starting with 10, they got a few good players from the rookie list and later draft picks and also took some good established players via draft & trade. They did this in part because they had people who have won and know how to win flags.

In short they did nearly everything right on top of getting access to good early picks. How often has this happened?

Will Melbourne do the same? Their history says no. Their admin. CV's say no. AFL history says no.

Ditto Freo.

easy, Tiger

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

As a Demons supporter, I disagree.

I have to agree, I think Essendon has better depth than Carlton but obviously Essendon's midfield isn't as good as the Blues. Essendon has better key position prospects though. Would be great to see a Carlton V Essendon GF in a couple of years or Collingwood with either of these 2 teams. AS LONG AS COLLINGWOOD DOESN'T WIN.

I have to agree, I think Essendon has better depth than Carlton but obviously Essendon's midfield isn't as good as the Blues. Essendon has better key position prospects though. Would be great to see a Carlton V Essendon GF in a couple of years or Collingwood with either of these 2 teams. AS LONG AS COLLINGWOOD DOESN'T WIN.

I would prefer a Collingwood to win over Carlton. A Carlton flag will be insufferable. Essendon has better depth amongst its 22-30 bracket, but the Blues top end talent is better, with Essendon currently having better young KPP talent. Collingwood is still young and have a good midfield and good KPP talent.

I like the optimism of supporters on here but I honestly can't see either challenging for a flag for a few years

I agree with James Hird on OTC last night that Ess biggest deficiency will prob be their defence once Fletcher retires, that is going to leave a massive hole in their side and he's irreplacebale, I think a lot of people would agree he's prob their second best player behind Watson, I'm not sure if Pears and Hooker are the guys who will fill that gap

As for us, I think our depth is slowly improving, and it's been evidenced by the large number of injuries we have had to key players this year, but my main concern is we lack a KP forward and a KP backman, if only we still had the big no17 roaming around for the Weagles

Will Melbourne do the same? Their history says no. Their admin. CV's say no. AFL history says no.

Ditto Freo.

So you're disregarding either a Melbourne or Fremantle premiership in the next 5 years because of history? How can you see your own club winning a flag then?:confused:

Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon would be massive in finals, must see football but there is one team that needs to light up, and when they do, it will be a fantastic day for football.

Dimma has won a premiership with every team he has been associated with, and finally with Richmond he is bringing his hard as nails approach that we were known for in the 70's.

With Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Deledio and a bit of experience, a few surprises and a lot of luck, cannot wait until I get to see another Rich-Coll/Carl/Ess final, thats what footy is all about to me.

In all honesty, in 3-4 years time I predict these things.

- Another Geelong premiership
- Collingwood or Fremantle in the grand final
- Carlton and Essendon sneak into the eight.

- Melbourne to make the eight
- Fremantle or Collingwood to win a premiership
- Carlton or Essendon to make top 4
- Geelong, St. Kilda & Western Bulldogs start to decline.
- Adelaide & Brisbane to rebuild

- Melbourne to win the premiership
- Collingwood or Fremantle to play second fiddle to Melbourne
- Richmond make top 8
- Essendon or Carlton to sneak into the Grand Final.
- Adelaide to start popping up with Tips, Dangerfield and others.

- Richmond top four and playing finals against the big 4
- Melbourne premiership, maybe Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon or Fremantle.

- Richmond premiership orrr ANOTHER 5 year plan (THUMBS DOWN)

So yeah basically Melbourne is going to be a beast of a team and everyone will be struggling against them. I honestly reckon they can win 1-2 premierships. Freo, Coll, Carl & Ess can can 1-2 between them and then teams like Richmond, West Coast, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and maybe the CG will start to change the tide again. LOL, just a guess :p

I acknowledge it as a guess, But wow, thats probably not gunna happen ahaha:thumbsu:

Richmond will be lucky to be in th eight by 2013/14 in all honesty..

They have a shocking team/list, and with gold coast and GWS snarring the picks, it doesnt look good. I dont mind the tiges (compared to other teams) but no sorry

I like the optimism of supporters on here but I honestly can't see either challenging for a flag for a few years

I agree with James Hird on OTC last night that Ess biggest deficiency will prob be their defence once Fletcher retires, that is going to leave a massive hole in their side and he's irreplacebale, I think a lot of people would agree he's prob their second best player behind Watson, I'm not sure if Pears and Hooker are the guys who will fill that gap
I kinda agree.
We need a lot to go right, so do you.
I think we should be able to replace Fletcher as a tall defender; and can probably cover him now as a loose man/rebounder - but not both in the one player.

Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon would be massive in finals, must see football but there is one team that needs to light up, and when they do, it will be a fantastic day for football.

Dimma has won a premiership with every team he has been associated with, and finally with Richmond he is bringing his hard as nails approach that we were known for in the 70's.

With Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Deledio and a bit of experience, a few surprises and a lot of luck, cannot wait until I get to see another Rich-Coll/Carl/Ess final, thats what footy is all about to me.

- Richmond make top 8

Melbourne won't be winning a premiership in 2012 without a key forward. Watts will take a lot longer than 2 years, more like 4 years.

If the Demons win a flag before I leave school I'll be rapped. However I'm guessing 2013 onwards is more reasonable, as Watts, Petterd, Jurrah and Bate develop into a solid forward line, our midfield matures and our defence is more consistent. Hopefully Gawn will have developed into a good second ruck.

- Richmond make top 8

So yeah basically Melbourne is going to be a beast of a team and everyone will be struggling against them. I honestly reckon they can win 1-2 premierships. Freo, Coll, Carl & Ess can can 1-2 between them and then teams like Richmond, West Coast, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and maybe the CG will start to change the tide again. LOL, just a guess :p

I'm tempted to insult you but I won't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back