CARLTON SALARY CAP

Remove this Banner Ad

Hold on a second. Am I misreading or is the post you've just responded to suggesting that we've done poorly and should be criticised because we're bringing in Acres and only paying him 350k p/a?

I mean...should we be voluntarily paying him more?

I know Pies supporters are trying to outdo each other in this thread in a race to the bottom, but if I've read that right there's really no need to continue. We have our winner.
It seems paying B-graders B-grade money is bad, while paying C-graders A-grade money is a good thing.

I don’t quite follow the logic but I’m glad the Pies are going down this path.

I guess the upside is they can always pay another team to take him off their hands if things go south.

Pies have been trying unsuccessfully to copy everything about the Tigers since our 2017 flag. We do a review, they do a review. We win a flag after finishing 13th in 2016, Pies win a Preliminaryship after finishing 13th in 2017. We have great connection amongst our players and staff, nek minnit Pies connection this connection that. 🤣. It falls apart for them so they steal our coaches McRae and Leppitsch. We delist Egg-Smith, next thing he is on their VFL list. campaigners should be done for stalking.

Even before that it was happening. We win a flag with Raines, Cloke. You guessed it, Pies get Raines, Cloke. We move to MCG those campaigners move to the MCG. That wasn’t enough, so out of their rancid long term rubbish dump of Victoria Park they move….and out of Collingwood, to be right next to Richmond all the time at the Holden Centre. They think copying us makes them us. It doesn’t. You have to win or lose Grand Finals your own way, you can’t win them by copying us, or anyone.

But the weirdest one of all……we win a flag and a Minor in 2017 & 2018 while paying $300k for Deledio to play somewhere else. So they even copy that! But more so. We retain 21 players and pay one to play elsewhere. They retain about one player and pay the other 21 to play elsewhere. 🤣

Don't worry, we will win our next flag before your lot Di. You rode your luck with umpiring and injuries and a soft fixture this season, you won't have the same luxury next season.

What was the Pies record against top 4 teams this season?
Hmm
Well.... We don't know how Carlton or Collingwood would be like 3-5 years from now. Or what the salary cap will be like in 3-5 years from now.
You would suspect the pies fans in here knew that was their only shot for a while to make a granny and they blew it so they have to make themselves feel better somehow, it was a remarkable achievement for a side to get that far on pure work rate alone you can be well pleased you have the most committed list in the comp pies fans.
Well the magpies won a few close games this season. Had they lost half of them, I don't think they make finals.

I predict Magpies Will finish 5th to 8th next season. Possibly a similar outcome of 5th to 8th to Carlton next season too

Don't worry, we will win our next flag before your lot Di. You rode your luck with umpiring and injuries and a soft fixture this season, you won't have the same luxury next season.

What was the Pies record against top 4 teams this season?
Hmm
Well.... We don't know how Carlton or Collingwood would be like 3-5 years from now. Or what the salary cap will be like in 3-5 years from now.
You would suspect the pies fans in here knew that was their only shot for a while to make a granny and they blew it so they have to make themselves feel better somehow, it was a remarkable achievement for a side to get that far on pure work rate alone you can be well pleased you have the most committed list in the comp pies fans.
Well the magpies won a few close games this season. Had they lost half of them, I don't think they make finals.

I predict Magpies Will finish 5th to 8th next season. Possibly a similar outcome of 5th to 8th to Carlton next season too

Pies have been trying unsuccessfully to copy everything about the Tigers since our 2017 flag. We do a review, they do a review. We win a flag after finishing 13th in 2016, Pies win a Preliminaryship after finishing 13th in 2017. We have great connection amongst our players and staff, nek minnit Pies connection this connection that. 🤣. It falls apart for them so they steal our coaches McRae and Leppitsch. We delist Egg-Smith, next thing he is on their VFL list. campaigners should be done for stalking.

Even before that it was happening. We win a flag with Raines, Cloke. You guessed it, Pies get Raines, Cloke. We move to MCG those campaigners move to the MCG. That wasn’t enough, so out of their rancid long term rubbish dump of Victoria Park they move….and out of Collingwood, to be right next to Richmond all the time at the Holden Centre. They think copying us makes them us. It doesn’t. You have to win or lose Grand Finals your own way, you can’t win them by copying us, or anyone.

But the weirdest one of all……we win a flag and a Minor in 2017 & 2018 while paying $300k for Deledio to play somewhere else. So they even copy that! But more so. We retain 21 players and pay one to play elsewhere. They retain about one player and pay the other 21 to play elsewhere. 🤣

Yeah their game plan this year is bang on to Richmonds during that period too.

They haven't got the cattle to be as dominant as you guys though. People forget you had 2x Brownlow medalists, a multiple Coleman medalist and 6xAA (?) KPD in Rance, then added Lynch and others.

If Collingwood unearth star power in that manner then I can see them being a proper flag threat.

Yeah their game plan this year is bang on to Richmonds during that period too.

They haven't got the cattle to be as dominant as you guys though. People forget you had 2x Brownlow medalists, a multiple Coleman medalist and 6xAA (?) KPD in Rance, then added Lynch and others.

If Collingwood unearth star power in that manner then I can see them being a proper flag threat.
Are you telling me Mcstay won't be a multiple Brownlow and Coleman medal winning CHF for them?

He said "contend". If you make prelims and GFs you're contending. How many of those in those 60+ years?

We're always in contention, while the best you peasants can do in the modern era is occasionally contend for 9th spot every 10 years.
whats the point of contending if you just choke all the time?

What happened to the pies supporters in here? All huffing and puffing...now crickets!
Wonder if they realised they dont have a brownlow medallist in the mix...or that they're season has fallen into a heap of nothingness..
Just like 17 other teams in the comp.

Or that their salary cap issues are actually 'issues'!

No salary cap issues at Carlton thankfully. And we're holding onto our Brownlow medallist, Coleman medallists...and united team as a whole.
We'll win a flag next before they do.

What happened to the pies supporters in here? All huffing and puffing...now crickets!
Wonder if they realised they dont have a brownlow medallist in the mix...or that they're season has fallen into a heap of nothingness..
Just like 17 other teams in the comp.

Or that their salary cap issues are actually 'issues'!

No salary cap issues at Carlton thankfully. And we're holding onto our Brownlow medallist, Coleman medallists...and united team as a whole.
We'll win a flag next before they do.
OMG, you cry when we are here, now you are crying because we aren't.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still waiting for the exodus tbh.

All I've heard all year is how our salary cap is exploding, yet not one player has requested a trade. It's actually pretty impressive.

s**t, you'd think players like Dow & Setterfield would be chomping at the bit to get to a club where they can get a game, and we'd be desperate to get them off our books. But nope, seems they are keen to stay and we have no problems paying them for it.

jeez all these years of dogshit for the blues and you still haven't caught up to us? #16
Think you're confused about the word "contending"

Pies are nearly always contending as evidenced by 10 prelims this century to your one

I'll use it in a sentence for you:

"Last time Carlton were contending, Bill Clinton was president and the twin towers were still standing"

Pies are nearly always contending as evidenced by 10 prelims this century to your one

"Last time Carlton were contending, Bill Clinton was president and the twin towers were still standing"

That’s an awfully fine line between “contending” and not.

We were 3 points off a prelim in 2011 with an average side.

I guess when you’ve won 2 flags in 60 odd years your supporter base gets desperate for validation.

That’s an awfully fine line between “contending” and not.

We were 3 points off a prelim in 2011 with an average side.

I guess when you’ve won 2 flags in 60 odd years your supporter base gets desperate for validation.
Third longest premiership drought, longest prelim drought by 10 years, and all your kids are secretly barracking for other clubs, doesn't get any more embarrassing than that

put it in to context of how bad the pies have been in the past 60-70 years, 13 of your 15 flags were won before 1958, doesnt get much worse than that :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back