Team Captain
Suspended
May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bring back Ackland
How do you guys see this game panning out? Hopefully the Blues can make a contest of it but I'd probably have to conceed that the Catters may be too strong. With Fev coming back into the line up our forward lineup it looks very potent but our kicking into the forward 50 has been woeful to say the least.

Who knows? Being a tipster is a tough game at the moment. What has happened to Big Lance since the Wizard Cup? If he and Fev both fire, then there could be trouble, but Scarlo and Harley are legends...

I don't know - I'd like to think the Catters will take the points. The two-hour trip seems a lot longer on the return journey when we lose...

• Banned
Lance just looks a little out of touch at the moment, but the delivery into the forward line has been shocking, even from polished finishers like Stevens, Campo and Houlihan. Scarlett has had the wood over Fev lately hasn't he? Hopefully Fev can break the shackles on Friday night

Sideshow Fev said:
Lance just looks a little out of touch at the moment, but the delivery into the forward line has been shocking, even from polished finishers like Stevens, Campo and Houlihan. Scarlett has had the wood over Fev lately hasn't he? Hopefully Fev can break the shackles on Friday night

Foxtel reporting that Stevens has gone in for a knee done tonight at training. Will be out for this week.

copernicus said:
I think we'll win comfortably. A team that loses by 14 goals to Richmond shouldn't even come within a bull's roar of us, but we'll see. A percentage booster would be nice!

Yeah it would be, but I don't think Carlton will play like that two weeks in a row, I expect to be a pretty tough affair, but we should come away with the points, if we don't it would be very dissappointing.

Geelong should win...

Not too sure by how much, but it's important that we beat the teams we should beat, and Carlton is definetly one of them.

Losing Nick Stevens will hurt, and although Chappy is out this week, Stevens is probably their most important player which dents their chnaces even further.

You should definitely be able to walk in, but don't expect the best seat in the house.
I'll probably just turn up @ game time.

Fritz_the_Cat said:
Does anybody know if GFC members can get a ticket at the ground before the game or if it is essential to get one from T7 beforehand??

It' a fully ticketed game.
From gfc.com.au

Round 8 Carlton v Geelong - fully ticketed match
The round eight match between Carlton and Geelong on Friday May 13 at Telstra Dome is now fully ticketed. All members with away game entitlements are required to pre purchase general admission seating on level 3 for a minimal fee (booking fee only) or seating on level 1 or level 2. These seats are available through Ticketmaster7 on 1300 136 122 or from your nearest Ticketmaster7 outlet.

sakor1 said:
Nah, it was same as for the ticketed Geel v Essendon match I went to at the Dome a couple weeks ago on my Geelong membership. You don't have to buy a ticket, just go to the ticket window before the match, present your membership card, and you will be given a ticket with an allocated seat. You must use that ticket and sit where it indicates, that is what it means.

So it is for free as usual if you rock up and seats are still available. However, if you want to be sure book thru ticketmaster beforehand, that will cost you a little bit.

Stu
Phew found it... this was in another thread about this game on the main board... i remember doing this a couple of seasons ago but have since always got tix the week before... but this week its not convenient to get to an outlet... do you think it will be a sellout?? i doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fritz_the_Cat said:
Phew found it... this was in another thread about this game on the main board... i remember doing this a couple of seasons ago but have since always got tix the week before... but this week its not convenient to get to an outlet... do you think it will be a sellout?? i doubt it.

Tickets are selling well, but I doubt it will be a sellout, be prepared to wait in a queue for a while to purchase a ticket if you decide to do a walkup on Friday night.

I want to see Milburn play as well as he did last week and each time he goes to the bench for a rest/halftime l want him to clap himself off.

NineLives said:
I want to see Milburn play as well as he did last week and each time he goes to the bench for a rest/halftime l want him to clap himself off.

Heh, Milburn is a legend...I reckon our most consistent player...and such a cool head.
I'll most likely just turn up before the game. Probably try and grab 4 seats together, which I don't think will be a problem, although I will most likely be up the top on level 3.
I'd be suprised if it was that packed, considering Carlton's effort last week, I've got 3 mates who don't want to come based on last week :(

patdman said:
Heh, Milburn is a legend...I reckon our most consistent player...and such a cool head.
I'll most likely just turn up before the game. Probably try and grab 4 seats together, which I don't think will be a problem, although I will most likely be up the top on level 3.
I'd be suprised if it was that packed, considering Carlton's effort last week, I've got 3 mates who don't want to come based on last week :(

Its fully ticketd and top level was nearly sold out on Monday, good luck with that.

And Milburns head isnt that cool...

Really looking forward to the game. If our midfield works hard we should win comfortably.

A few issues:

Talls: We need to use Snout across half-forward from the first bounce.
Put him on a flank, H at CHF. Kingsley floating in the 50 and Ottens one out in the goalsquare.
Will really stretch Carlton's already suspect defence.

Carlton's Sweepers: We really need to put thought into both Nick Stevens and Ryan Houlihan.
Both are incredibly soft and generally get a heap of cheap, uncontested and ineffectual touches, but when Carlton are playing really well these two can hurt teams when roaming free a kick behind the play.
If it's a tight game we may need to use defensive HFF's on these two, but to start with we should attempt to exploit their looseness and lack of defensive skills by using our most dangerous smaller types on them, perhaps Dog and Thurley.

J Waite: He worries me far more than Fev and Lance. Has size but solid agility.
Personally i'd start with Tom Harley on him as Tom is best suited to guys who rely more on their movement than on their pack/one-on-one marking.
Problems will arise should Tom be getting pantsed. Would mean possibly having to use Jarad Rooke in the role, or even Dash (which would kill our drive).
Guess that's the problem with not having a genuine third tall defender.

Eddie Betts: Assuming he plays he may cause us a bit of trouble. We've often had trouble with genuinely quick small forwards, and without Sando we may have to send Fumbles back there should Betts be prominent.

Fritz_the_Cat said:
... do you think it will be a sellout?? .
LOL! An inform finalist from the previous season against a team comprehensively thrashed by the previous season's wooden spooner. Only die-hard Carlton fans will turn up and even Geelong fans will be wary. At best it'll be a thrashing and rather dull, at worst Geelong will hardly bother, play like crap and either nearly lose or worse. Could only get 44,000 to last week's match of the round, tis week just doesn't compare.

Ricketts said:
I just want Rooke to smash Lappin for that crap 50m penalty from the Riccardi game.

And I want Wiggins to polax Riccardi for that goal he cheated us on. Oh well guess both won't happen :), as for the crowd you never know we drew 48,000+ for the game against Hawthorn my prediction is 42,000.

Sideshow Fev said:
And I want Wiggins to polax Riccardi for that goal he cheated us on. Oh well guess both won't happen :), as for the crowd you never know we drew 48,000+ for the game against Hawthorn my prediction is 42,000.

Yeah, poor old wiggo will be chasing kicks down at the place.. that the northern bullants play.

Jim Boy said:
LOL! An inform finalist from the previous season against a team comprehensively thrashed by the previous season's wooden spooner. Only die-hard Carlton fans will turn up and even Geelong fans will be wary. At best it'll be a thrashing and rather dull, at worst Geelong will hardly bother, play like crap and either nearly lose or worse. Could only get 44,000 to last week's match of the round, tis week just doesn't compare.

I believe that this will be a great game as Carlton matches up better on Geelong than Richmond as they don't have as many talls, Richo, Stafford and Simmonds proved too much for our small backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back