List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Im just sitting here hoping Hayden Young keeps stinking it up so he somehow drops to our pick. Would be handy having a 65m rocketlauncher next to Doc next season

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Im just sitting here hoping Hayden Young keeps stinking it up so he somehow drops to our pick. Would be handy having a 65m rocketlauncher next to Doc next season
Well your lucky to be sitting anywhere after breaking into Crows No Opposition Supporters thread.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Really high overall standard that game. However, not the top end star talent we saw last year.

Me thinks SOS knew what he was doing...
Yeh I think we would be laughing atm if we had of been out of the bottom four as probably expected.
I do wonder though if we are chasing someone like Papley than pick 13 really doesn’t seem like it will get it done if the draft isn’t highly rated. Pretty much the same for any contracted player.

First time in years that I really don't care about this draft.
Of course there will be good players that will come about but even at this stage, I don't really care for missing on the top few picks.

Just important we get the right players with the picks we have and that should largely come about via trade....and then allow Agresta to sneak some good ones later in the draft and through rookies.

Will be interesting though whether clubs will trade hard for some of the premium picks. Always interest there given the new landscape.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Looking forward to the U18's Carnival starting on Saturday.

Not Carlton specific, but a few players that have taken my fancy so far have been:

A) Bottom aged players in the Carnival last year:

None really. Usually some underagers stand out but last year none made my notes except Mitch O'Neill from Tassie. Some murmurings that he might be a tad soft though so keen to see him this year.

B) TAC Grand Final:

Matt Rowell. Was great. Inate reader of the play.

Dylan Williams. Wow. StevieJ, DeGoey,LeCras, Gray like around goals. Extreme talent. Nice size for that type of player.

Hayden Young. Looks like an AFL ball carrier already. Nice size and mark too.

C) Australian U18 game against Casey on the MCG:

Rowell. Did it again. Obviously rises to the occasions.

Williams. Showed versatility position wise. Good that they are giving him learnings that will benefit down the track. Similar to what they did with Jaidyn Stephenson in his final year. Could/will be a star AFL forward. Goalkickers like him are rare.

Hayden Young. Ditto from the TAC Granny.

Bryan. Young ruckman who looks outstanding prospect. Know how to play football, which is the new breed of ruckman. 202cm and can really play and understand footy enough to be a contributer to play.

Rosas. Indegenous forward from the NT. Came down on his own as the sole player from the NT and far from being overawed amongst new faces, he put on a nice show at times. Looked comfortable. Looked like he likes being out there in showtime. Really liked him as someone with the AFL talent and temperament.

McAsey. CHB at 196cm. What he did was good and AFL like. Understands what he's doing and needs to do. A bit of Tommy Jonas about him. A bit of Harris Andrews.

D) Noted players who haven't/didn't impress me:

Ashe. Serong(no thanks). Flanders. Anderson is fine as a player but not the No1 type i would like.

To add to the above, from todays games:

Vic Country:

Brodie Kemp: Something there. Could be really something there.

DeKonning: Read it well. Marked well. Disposed well. Very raw.

Charlie Comden: Great contested mark for a young rake.

Hayden Young: Nervous first half. Lifted in the 2nd. Good/V.Good AFL player for sure.

Lachie Ashe: Half time i was thinking what the hell are people seeing in this dude. Very good 3rdQ. Got em going. Good size, great runner, quite powerful. But i'm yet to see him compete well, beyond running. Not loving him really.

Serong: Like Rhylee West last year i am just not seeing it. I see AFL/VFL quality player of the future. Dunno.

Flanders: Meh

W.A.:

Grainger-Barras: Outstanding. Underager though.

Robertson: Really impressed. Scrappy looking type but very good imo. Like.

O'Driscoll: AFL quality

Jarvis Pina: reminded me of Will Hamill. Slight but good. But if you're slight you need to be darn good. Liked his game.

Liam Henry: also slight, but also good. A touch tentative but enormous natural ability.

Elijah Taylor: The type who could never get anywhere after this carnival, or in 3 years could be a potential gun in the AFL.

Trent Rivers: Draftable quality.

S.A.:

Cam Tehany: Looked a bit hobbled but a really exciting player. Has nice size, movement, good intent, and a bit of inate class. Like.

Ky Pickett: Small like Liam Henry, but pretty different in that his intent is his strong point rather than class. Both can be top AFL footballers but i'd take Pickett on what i've seen. Intent, speed, footy brain.

Schoenburg: Good type. Has a bit of cocky surety about him, and backs it up. That is an AFL quality i like. Something about him.

Allies:

Mal Rosas: I can see him on the big stage. Higher standard games will suit him. High talent.

David Sylvian

Club Legend
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
To add to the above, from todays games:

Vic Country:

Brodie Kemp: Something there. Could be really something there.

DeKonning: Read it well. Marked well. Disposed well. Very raw.

Charlie Comden: Great contested mark for a young rake.

Hayden Young: Nervous first half. Lifted in the 2nd. Good/V.Good AFL player for sure.

Lachie Ashe: Half time i was thinking what the hell are people seeing in this dude. Very good 3rdQ. Got em going. Good size, great runner, quite powerful. But i'm yet to see him compete well, beyond running. Not loving him really.

Serong: Like Rhylee West last year i am just not seeing it. I see AFL/VFL quality player of the future. Dunno.

Flanders: Meh

W.A.:

Grainger-Barras: Outstanding. Underager though.

Robertson: Really impressed. Scrappy looking type but very good imo. Like.

O'Driscoll: AFL quality

Jarvis Pina: reminded me of Will Hamill. Slight but good. But if you're slight you need to be darn good. Liked his game.

Liam Henry: also slight, but also good. A touch tentative but enormous natural ability.

Elijah Taylor: The type who could never get anywhere after this carnival, or in 3 years could be a potential gun in the AFL.

Trent Rivers: Draftable quality.

S.A.:

Cam Tehany: Looked a bit hobbled but a really exciting player. Has nice size, movement, good intent, and a bit of inate class. Like.

Ky Pickett: Small like Liam Henry, but pretty different in that his intent is his strong point rather than class. Both can be top AFL footballers but i'd take Pickett on what i've seen. Intent, speed, footy brain.

Schoenburg: Good type. Has a bit of cocky surety about him, and backs it up. That is an AFL quality i like. Something about him.

Allies:

Mal Rosas: I can see him on the big stage. Higher standard games will suit him. High talent.
Liam Henry very SPS like and a big yes to Grainger Barass. If we can get Young to fall foul of the law on draft eve...…..

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Like Taylor from WA, really like him

Yep, same here. He strikes me as a potential topliner. Didn't quite happen for him yesterday, but it nearly did quite often. The kind of player where your eyes widen whenever he enters the frame(as a viewer, and i sense as a defender lol).

As a recruiter, you would hope he falls to something beyond your 1st pick because he could make you or break you, but someone will probably take the leap.

I'll certainly follow his backend of the year. He's one who could leap right up the order if it comes together even a bit this year.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep, same here. He strikes me as a potential topliner. Didn't quite happen for him yesterday, but it nearly did quite often. The kind of player where your eyes widen whenever he enters the frame(as a viewer, and i sense as a defender lol).

As a recruiter, you would hope he falls to something beyond your 1st pick because he could make you or break you, but someone will probably take the leap.

I'll certainly follow his backend of the year. He's one who could leap right up the order if it comes together even a bit this year.

Agreed, has real point of difference, speed and vision

As a safe, no fuss, old fashion player, I like Rivers, reads the play like a veteran

Back