List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

While there is a degree of equity in your suggested trades, surely there is no way GWS does a fanciful trade unless they have the opportunity to
land Green plus another player.
This is where 6 for our future first comes into it although they don't get their other player until next year.
However there are complications for the back end of this draft albeit workable.
6 for 9 could be good for us if GWS don't have a better option.
Only 300 points diff so can probably square it off this year.
This would then keep open the option with Hawks of 11 & 30 for our future first if they had to match an earlier bid.

What happens if GC throw a curve ball, and announce green , where would that leave GWS?
GC can also prelist players till tomorrow and then swap them for draft picks (mid to late) they still have a couple of NT players and a young forward that are getting attention, a better pick swap may mean the Suns may be more open to release Martin

GC can also prelist players till tomorrow and then swap them for draft picks (mid to late) they still have a couple of NT players and a young forward that are getting attention, a better pick swap may mean the Suns may be more open to release Martin
Martin is out of contract and has requested a trade two years in a row.

If GC take him in pre-season draft they will be in court over restraint of trade and it will open up a can of worms for AFL.

Our biggest worry is Melbourne but they don’t have cap space.

That didn’t answer my question!

I hear Melbourne will take benell with with there pick 2 in the pre season draft leavi g us martin

Interesting, but I would have thought the Demons would wait until the last possible moment to make a final decision on Bennell.

Interesting, but I would have thought the Demons would wait until the last possible moment to make a final decision on Bennell.

I would have thought the same, the only way I see them taking him in the PSD is if they know another team will take him with a pick after theirs, which I would see as unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where 6 for our future first comes into it although they don't get their other player until next year.
However there are complications for the back end of this draft albeit workable.
6 for 9 could be good for us if GWS don't have a better option.
Only 300 points diff so can probably square it off this year.
This would then keep open the option with Hawks of 11 & 30 for our future first if they had to match an earlier bid.
I can’t imagine any scenario where GWS trade out pick 6 for a future pick. They are either going to trade up to get a selection before Green is nominated or they will trade down in this draft for more points to match a Green bid.

I can’t imagine any scenario where GWS trade out pick 6 for a future pick. They are either going to trade up to get a selection before Green is nominated or they will trade down in this draft for more points to match a Green bid.

If they want more points, they should swap pick 6 for picks 12 & 18....

:tearsofjoy:

If they want more points, they should swap pick 6 for picks 12 & 18....

:tearsofjoy:
If they don’t manage to trade for a pick before a Green bid it will be interesting to see what they do. After giving up so much to get pick 6 in the first place it must be seen as a massive failure by them if they ultimately end up retreating and trading back down.

The bits that most concern us

1) Looking like Serong and Kemp may both be available at 9

2) "Geelong is also closely monitoring how it could jump up the board, with the Cats seeing what it would take to secure Carlton's pick No.9."
If it’s a choice between Serong and Kemp then it’s Kemp for sure. We will just have to wait to see him.

For me if Serong is the only one left I’d rather trade down. 14 and 24 with Cats would be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back