Certified Legendary Thread Celebrating Alastair Clarkson! 4 time Premiership coach and Legend of the HFC!

Remove this Banner Ad

Farewell Clarko. You are and always will be a Hawthorn legend. My family and I wish you every success in whatever you choose to do in the future. We will always remember celebrating the 2008, 2014 and 2015 premierships at the MCG. In 2013 I was in London watching it on TV at some ungodly hour.
Some of the happiest moments of my life.

The most distinct memory I have of Clarko is a glimpse of him in the box towards the end of the 2008 Grand Final. He had the biggest grin on his face, and you could just see the satisfaction and relief as he realised the game was in the bag.

He was able to experience that feeling another three times.

What an absolute champion.

Clarkson definitely created something very very special. The foot skills & decision making of the 2007-2016 Hawthorn team was a thing of beauty for which he was largely responsible. (Watching Franklin, Roughead, Lewis, Birchall etc. come in & change the direction of the club as a supporter was great to experience.)

My favourite games of the Clarkson era were the 2008 GF & the 2015 Preliminary Final for different reasons. 2008 was just exciting to see the Hawks back winning on grand final day. (When Dew took over in the 3rd quarter watching a young Clarkson in the coaches box not hold back his emotion was fantastic.) In 2015 taking down a loaded Dockers team on there home deck in Perth was an exercise of sheer coaching professionalism, determination & motivation. (So many other teams would have folded in that game under the pressure.) One of the best wins ever & ensured the 2015 cup was going to be ours.

Anyway, thanks for the memories Alastair!

Last edited:
How the hawks teams were described as ‘skill full, pretty football’ which would be found out in finals than the hawks went up a gear and were as hard as the best of them

before the hawks and tigers recorded two back to back resounding gf victories, the last time it happened was the sixties

The most distinct memory I have of Clarko is a glimpse of him in the box towards the end of the 2008 Grand Final. He had the biggest grin on his face, and you could just see the satisfaction and relief as he realised the game was in the bag.

He was able to experience that feeling another three times.
Actually one more time. The other two times the grin came before half time ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back