Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast in Darwin oh jesus [Out: Pink, Duurs & Jy - In: WiPhi, Laz & Greenwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

This might have been his last chance. He's been given plenty. He's 25. Should be coming into his prime and instead he's nowhere near it.
Question for everyone regarding this kid (I was stoked when we got him to North) …what is his best position? Where could he actually do well?

Despite the circle jerk around Pink being the next Carey, it should be noted he had 3 touches.

Not saying don’t keep him forward next week as a trial, but jeez, let’s not jump the shark.

It’s a sign of the times how desperate we are, me included.
At least he made a contest and yes it’s a very low bar, but the forward line looked to have a better structure when he came on. Zurhaar and Duursma aren’t built to play that role. We just need a lump of meat to go up with the opposition defenders and hopefully halve the contest. He doesn’t even need to win it.

At the moment we just need a competitor until we can find that legitimate forward to play alongside Larkey. Pink at least competed instead of letting the St Kilda defenders take uncontested marks down the line.

He isn’t the answer, but he might be the stop gap until something better comes along.

He will probably get picked to play up forward and not get near it now, it’s the North way.

Unsure if anyone watched the Q clash but we are a genuine chance of a win next week. GC are absolutely putrid!

Hopefully they don't drop Lukosius to the VFL so we can potentially be treated to an iconic head to head battle between him and Stevo

The only thing that would keep us within 5 goals is ordinary conditions that drags them down to our level. I watched a bit of the Q clash and nothing i saw would suggest we'd challenge them.

OUT: Stephenson Duursma Tucker Fisher
IN: Greenwood Ford Bergman Lazzaro

B: McDonald Corr Archer
HB: McKercher Comben Bergman
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Zurhaar Greenwood Drury
F: Curtis Larkey Pink
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Powell Shiels Simpkin Lazzaro
S: Hardeman

Stephenson is done as a North player. What an absolute waste.
Duursmaa needs a rest my god.
Fishers is a horrible horrible footballer.
Tucker is a disapointment.

Lazzaro and Bergman probably won’t get recalled for Fishers and Tuckers but the other 2 changes will happen.

A few things.

Fisher is shit but we aren’t dropping him on the back of however many touches he had. Close to worst on ground for mine (his perceived pressure turnovers resulted in so many frustrating goals) but there is no chance we drop him.

The only players with a realistic chance of being dropped are Drury, Shiels, Pink, Stephenson, Hardeman, Duursma and Archer.

I’m not saying I want all these players to be dropped, I’m just saying there’s a 0 percent chance it’s anyone outside of these guys. Our selection is very predictable.

Personally of the possible options listed I would drop Duursma (has offered nothing, runs under the ball all the time, needs to find form) and Stephenson.

I’d bring in Pink and Ford. In terms of the sub probably Lazarro.

Greenwood was a beast, I think we should be playing him for his flexibility.

Taylor deserves a shot. I wrote him off but compared to Sleeve, he deserves his shot just to see if he can turn it around.

The only other one I can see is possibly Bergman in if we drop Hardeman, but I hope we don't and we give him a good month to learn.

Outs, Stevo is obvious, Shiels for me wasn't good and Duursma might need a rest. Tucker would be the other but he ain;t coming out. If he does, wouldn't mind seeing Ford.

Only think 2 changes though.

I really like the size and versatility Greenwood offers. I'd like to see him floating around CHB as the free man trying to take intercept marks, and adding some tackling/size in around there.

OUT: Stephenson Duursma Tucker Fisher
IN: Greenwood Ford Bergman Lazzaro

B: McDonald Corr Archer
HB: McKercher Comben Bergman
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Zurhaar Greenwood Drury
F: Curtis Larkey Pink
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Powell Shiels Simpkin Lazzaro
S: Hardeman

Stephenson is done as a North player. What an absolute waste.
Duursmaa needs a rest my god.
Fishers is a horrible horrible footballer.
Tucker is a disapointment.

Lazzaro and Bergman probably won’t get recalled for Fishers and Tuckers but the other 2 changes will happen.
Fisher had 30, and whilst he did cough it up occaisonally, he at least tried to be creative and tried to find a way through the Ross Lyon rubbish.

You should have gone to Specsavers...

In ford , Greenwood , lazz

Out sleevo , Tucker , Drury

Conditions to suit Greenwood style of play
Would try to get fisher up forward in sleevo role
Pink to start up forward- his number 1 role is to stop the interceptions
BGZ as sub
Hardeman I would keep playing

If Jy is sore I’d bring Phillips in for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the circle jerk around Pink being the next Carey, it should be noted he had 3 touches.

Not saying don’t keep him forward next week as a trial, but jeez, let’s not jump the shark.

It’s a sign of the times how desperate we are, me included.
Keep in mind we are comparing him to CCJ's work so far, so he was Carey like in comparison.

• Hardeman stays back.
  • Fisher forward.
  • Pink marking forward.
All of a sudden we've got a forward marking target and a (quickish) crumber nearby.

- Ford for Drury. More speed and impact leading from the forward line.

- Will Phill for Jy. Genuinely looks jet lagged out there. Rest him for as long as he needs to be able to read the game better.

People underrate Tucker on here imo. He’s guaranteed a horrible turnover per game but he plays his role/s (crucial plural) and always has a crack. Should not and will not be dropped.

Ford for Stevo, Duursma could use a rest so I reckon give Curtis Taylor a shot, start Pink forward. Want Bergman in asap but also think Hardeman deserves an extended run. If we can somehow go without a 20/30 minute lapse where the opposition kick 5-10 unanswered goals we are probably closer to a win than many think.

Unsure if anyone watched the Q clash but we are a genuine chance of a win next week. GC are absolutely putrid!

Hopefully they don't drop Lukosius to the VFL so we can potentially be treated to an iconic head to head battle between him and Stevo

You have to accept that we are beyond putrid. Were not going to win this game Lol

I think we should rest everyone as much as possible so they are fresh and ready for the week after

Game Of Thrones Fire GIF

Fisher had 30, and whilst he did cough it up occaisonally, he at least tried to be creative and tried to find a way through the Ross Lyon rubbish.

You should have gone to Specsavers...
Occasionally? He had 9 turnovers.

Despite being labelled a cat, i see RHJ kicked 3 goals yesterday from 6 kicks, any other felines kick 3 goals lately ?
Has to be done at AFL level obviously but I'm a pretty simple person. Cat's that kick 3+ goals regularly can be accommodated in a team, cat's that don't are the issue - especially if they have too many mates. If he got 3 kicks for 3 goals every second week I'd let him put his name on the locker as a 100 gamer.

• Hardeman stays back.
  • Fisher forward.
  • Pink marking forward.
All of a sudden we've got a forward marking target and a (quickish) crumber nearby.

- Ford for Drury. More speed and impact leading from the forward line.

- Will Phill for Jy. Genuinely looks jet lagged out there. Rest him for as long as he needs to be able to read the game better.
Ford for sleevo, drury stays for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back