Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep 100% agree, Durds is all kind of f’ed and will be delisted.

On the game I will savior every errant handball, missed kick , lazy effort, dropped mark, turnover , poor decision, lack of nous and lack of structure, they're our shitmen and I love 'em. It;s the last game for a while .
Enjoy it peeps, find some moments.👍

Sad times for a bunch of guys this week. The dreams they’ve had since they were little kids have come to a crashing end.

Best of luck to the guys playing their last game - hopefully they can play well and end their time with us in a good headspace as they launch into their next phase of life.

No more crueller than what he has served up to us.
Man... I kind of want to laugh at the incredible absurdity of the situation, but at the same time I still feel sorry for the bugger. He's way under delivered on what he should have been capable of, and probably is still capable of, but at the same time it's clear he's mentally battling *something*. To give him so many 'last chance' games already this year but then to deny him his literal last chance seems both incredibly funny and cruel on a karmic scale.

I absolutely think he should be, but McGuiness is named ahead of him as an emergency. Rhyce hasn't really given him a chance of succeeding this year, which doesn't bode well...

Majak hasn't given himself much of a chance either.

I can see both Taylor Garner and Majak Daw getting one year contracts. Probably, based on the fact that their ceiling is very good and they’ve been badly impacted by injury. Rhyce and Brady might roll the dice. However, I think Durdin and Wood will be delisted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would rather see Daw take Durdins spot

Feels like this is Durdins last chance and he’s gone. He has done SFA for way too long, same with Wood

Good to see Murphy to get another game. I reckon we give him another chance next year

Last edited:
He's already been an emg this year.

Tbh, if I was in Shaw's position, dead rubber, last game of the weirdest, most forgettable season ever and knew we were delisting the kid.

I'd give him the game, knowing he could look himself in the mirror for the rest of his life and say he played league football.

We've given that many over the last decade free rides, I'd have no problem with something like that.
Guy I went to school with was in this exact position. Two years on the Collingwood list under Tony Shaw, played one game: the very last game of those two years, and from memory only played the last ten minutes or so. Literally zero stats (no kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, nothing). But played for Collingwood on the MCG in front of 45,000 with Nathan Buckley and Gavin Brown and Gavin Crosisca, and against Wayne Carey and Brent Harvey and John Longmire and Glenn Archer.

A small gesture but a lifetime's memories.

Man... I kind of want to laugh at the incredible absurdity of the situation, but at the same time I still feel sorry for the bugger. He's way under delivered on what he should have been capable of, and probably is still capable of, but at the same time it's clear he's mentally battling *something*. To give him so many 'last chance' games already this year but then to deny him his literal last chance seems both incredibly funny and cruel on a karmic scale.
Not necessarily "mentally battling something". Some people prefer to feel the pressure as it makes them perform, others feel pressure negatively, and beat themselves up whenever anything goes wrong, and then it becomes a downward spiral. Who knows? All of these "last chance" games may have been the worst thing for him.*

* I still think he should be delisted, by the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i remember us beating St kilda and there not being a game for a while, was all sorts of hope after the way we finished.
Now last game of the season and i haven't seen us play this badly since i can remember, we will cut close to 10 players you would think so many will be playing their last game.

Not sure about Maj, i'd like to see him stay and start as a defender next season, however to me it seemed like he wasn't jumping as high nor running as fast in the games he played.

Majak hasn't given himself much of a chance either.
So clever. Pat yourself in the back. Man amongst men. A beacon.

I can listen and often agree with your football opinion but your politics is for the bin.

He's already been an emg this year.

Tbh, if I was in Shaw's position, dead rubber, last game of the weirdest, most forgettable season ever and knew we were delisting the kid.

I'd give him the game, knowing he could look himself in the mirror for the rest of his life and say he played league football.

We've given that many over the last decade free rides, I'd have no problem with something like that.

The Max Warren.

So clever. Pat yourself in the back. Man amongst men. A beacon.

I can listen and often agree with your football opinion but your politics is for the bin.

If you think Majak is a political issue, then I suggest you are looking at this sport entirely the wrong way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back