Preview Changes and Preview Round 3 Power v Demons Saturday 7pm at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burton cannot play on smalls. He gets destroyed.
Burton CAN play on smalls for a time there he was absolutely brilliant against the best.

Then Ken moved him forward for some reason and he never seemed to recover.

Whatever Ken told him he needed to work on to regain his spot in defence failed spectacularly.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lots of that is reasonable, but reality is our defence looks pretty brittle at the moment and is conceeding scores easily. BZT definitely a good find, but he's probably not a noticeable improvement on McKenzie. Ratagolea needs more time, but we haven't got the balance right in the air yet and the ball is hitting the ground too often with our defenders getting hurt as they attempt to mop up the crumbs.
I don't think we're defending badly when the ball hits the ground. We are conceding on the 'slingshot' when teams cut through the midfield wall and then run in to an open goal.

When our defense is actually set, I don't recall conceding too many "crumbed" goals.

Either we will fix it by not going too aggressive on the "wall", or we accept it and think the wall gives us more than it costs us. Which is all well and good against lower level teams, but will it stack up against Sydney, or other teams that move the ball fast and with purpose?

Burton CAN play on smalls for a time there he was absolutely brilliant against the best.

Whatever Ken told him he needed to work on to regain his spot in defence failed spectacularly.

Burton for one reason or another isn't the player he was 18 or so months ago.

He looks to have bulked up a fair bit, which is affecting his agility and stamina.

Look at his body size from 2 seasons ago to now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our goalkicking will be better this week 😀

Chad Cornes on the work being put into goal kicking to improve the side’s accuracy:

“Just so all the supporters out there know, and understand the goal kicking program, it's probably been the biggest focus for us in the offseason. We couldn't have done more work on it. We've spoken to experts in the field, we've implemented a really strong program, which we believe works really well. There's obviously been some ups and downs in the first couple of games, but I think the positive on the weekend was in the second half to kick I think it was 13 goals five, from where we were at halftime shows the boys went back to the process stuck to the process for the majority of that second half and we got good results. There'll be some teething issues with this new program, as there always is when you implement something new, but the coaches and players fully believe in this program so supporters just stick with us…”

Yea I'm not sure why people are so into keeping this guy in over McEntee, it's a spud yoyo but one has more legspeed and offers more off the ball.
Evans is capable of kicking 4 goals in a game. McEntee hasn't kicked 4 goals in his last twelve games combined.

They both suck but one definitely sucks less.

Our ability to defend transition needs to be cleaned up if we are to be a serious premiership threat.

The other area of our game is our lack of movement and presenting leads when we are taking a kick out. We seem to have abandoned the long bomb to the corner of the centre square. I think this is a better strategy but when we seem to be at our worst is when the player kicking out has no options. Our players need to work harder to present leads.

We are taking more marks this year than last, we still play fast and direct but seem to want to play less chaos style surging the ball forward from contest.

Good thing to see was our forwards playing in front. My pet hate is watching our forwards trying to get cheapies out the back instead of leading at the ball carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back