Preview Changes and Preview Thread Rd 6 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to either use Hayes or just play Finlayson, Dixon and Georgiades.

Real changing of the guard this year. Jonas out, Lycett finally recognised as not being our saviour, and even DBJs form was finally recognised. DBJ to be fair is at least earning respect back and showing there still something there, it's just a matter of where.

Other than that the side is alright, but I don't know how long we can carry Rioli. He's starting to look like a major recruiting blunder.

I remember when we first signed Byron and he was extremely slow to get off the mark, and then around Round 8 or so we played his old club Norf and absolutely pumped them and Byron was just about BOG and never looked back. Hopefully that's the week coming up for Junior.

Willie's had 5 rounds, he genuinely does not look interested out there. I know he has the talent but he seems to not be there mentally.

I'd give him a spell in the 2s to get his confidence back up.

Lycett was a Lyability tonight , he’ll have to have a spell and try and become relevant again . English threatened to win the game for them and we functioned a lot better when he was subbed off . Mead doesn’t have quite enough impact yet , I think once he gets a bit more strength he’ll make more of a stamp because his skills are quite good .
Rioli maybe sub and give Evans a go .
Hayes was best for the Mags today I’d give him a go . Maybe Georgiades but his kicking is off the charts bad atm . Pasini was good today he’s not far off , Burgoyne was good but Williams was ok again , McKenzie was good , he’s quite strong in the back now and can hold his ground quite well .
overall
Lycett out for Hayes

I remember when we first signed Byron and he was extremely slow to get off the mark, and then around Round 8 or so we played his old club Norf and absolutely pumped them and Byron was just about BOG and never looked back. Hopefully that's the week coming up for Junior.
Watched the nephew yesterday and came away not that impressed. Do we go after him at the end of the year? And yes you were correct, Byron took awhile to get into the swing of things.

Said this a few weeks ago and tonight proved it. Scooter is well and truly past it. He would barely be a 2nd ruck in most teams. He should not be in our firsts again.
By blooding a youngster it really can't get any worse, except getting games into them. Or accept we will loose the center bounce and play a ruck mid, Jeremy.
At the moment our mids are having to be defensive at every bounce because 9 times out of 10 it's going to there mids as scooter isn't winning anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Bailey Williams like as a ruck? Is he a mobile atheistic type or a ruckasourus?

It will be an interesting selection, I suspect there are a few tired and sour bodies after the WB game.

I'd like to see Dante share the ruck with Finlayson, Hayes would be as effective as Lycett around the ground and we saw first hand last night how that almost cost us the game. Dante will take some time but he should be blooded now rather than letting him tread water in the sanfl.

We sit on the edge of the eight and the thing that is holding us back is our percentage, As good as the last two wins have been it is time to put another side to bed properly.

We need a ruckman to give us first use of the ball, our midfield to fire and Marshall and Rioli to get among the goals.

Not sure if Visentini is ready but I know that Lycett is cooked. Visentini or Hayes might be worth a try but then again Lycett might lift against his old side.

Dixon and Aliir both copped injuries last night but looked to finish the game OK. Hopefully they are right for next week.

Visentini or Lord up forward and go with a Dixon/Finlayson ruck combo?
Yep, based on the SANFL game I'd bring in Lord for Lycett, ruck Finlayson and Dixon.
As much as I like Visentini, Lord's effort yesterday needs to be rewarded.

You can't drop Rioli vs West Coast, it would be the end of him.

Georgiades improved in the second half of the SANFL trial yesterday, but he is not deserving of it yet.
Needs to sort out that kicking and stop passing off shots he should be taking.
His marking was looking good though.

Manage Lycett and play Lord for mine.

Finlayson and Dixon aren’t rucks. Let’s put an actual ruckman in there instead…
Agree, either Hayes or Vincentini with a chop out from Dixon and/or Finlayson.

Dixon and Finlayson are more valuable as rucks in short bursts.

Dixon had a sore knee late last night, rather him not on the sidelines due to the rigors of ruck work.

Selection might be based on Dixon's knee & what happens today with WCE vs Geelong.
19 degrees & sunny is the forecast for saturday.
Lycett definitely needs to find some sort of form in the sanfl.
I would play Teakle & Lord.

Rioli stays in this is his break out game he knows the Eagles defenders tendencies hopefully kicks 3/4 goals and builds on that for the year ...

Lycett need to go I wish it wasn't the case but he is done last couple of years he had 1 good game one s**t now it's just constantly s**t ..

We need to bring in either Hayes or teackle and stick with them all year preferably Hayes he can switch with Charlie and Finlayson..

Please keep Jonas out of the game * bring back Lachie Jones before Jonas ...

Would love Evans to be the sub incase Rioli shits the bed

Kind of game you could blood Dante.
Lycett out.
Jr has had enough of a run.
Mitch or Frank the tank. I'd prefer Mitch on talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back