Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Barass was shocking again, should have been dropped after last week's joke, needs to go now with Schofield in.

Waterman just doesn't look like he has any confidence. He goes for Nic Nat.

It's all deck chairs on the titanic. Who cares if we get a hollow victory wk1 at home when we will just get smashed away the next week.

Out Petrucelle, Barrass
In Nic Nat, Schofield

Love TB but his confidence is shot to bits. I wonder if the large chucks of seasons he keeps missing has caught up with him this time.

Did anyone here actually watch tonight's game at all?

If so why isnt Liam Duggan at the front of your list, he was woeful in lots of contests, can't hit the side of a barn with his kicking and turns it over with poor decision making and doesn't defend well enough to warrant a spot in the team. Nelson should stay in over him EASILY.

Nicnat is a given, which should move out Waterman to allow Oscar Allen to play that role.

Duggan should go out for Schofield, who can play tall or small and we need that lock down defender as Barras obviously needs the assistance.

Petruccelle should go out, doesn't offer enough and although he plays a different role to Jarrod Cameron, if we bring in Cameron either Rioli or Cripps can move up the ground.
Only gets a pass because he has been out for weeks but his decision making and execution has always been a coin toss.

I will wait until its closer to the game to see who is fit and available.

However, I will add the following:

This year the team has averaged a -22 contested possession differential in losses.

The maximum contested possession differential the team has had all season? +10

Guess who played that game? That's right, Ah Chee did.

The team is in desperate need of players to contest the next disposal after the stoppage.

Ah Chee is perfectly suited to fill that gap - he should be in the team before a number of those who keep getting a game every week without much to show for it.

I’d go

Hick for Nick.
Petch for Cameron
Nelson for Cole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't need Cole in as from my understanding has not been setting the world on fire this year. Somehow Schoey needs to be brought in but not sure as to who out of the backline is to be dropped for this to happen. Both Barrass and Duggan played worse than Nelson tonight so it is a dilemma!

After that disappointing loss really feel dejected and have lost interest as feel they have blown their whole season within a blink of an eye🙁 Wonder how the players feel and can they get themselves back up or are they cooked for the season is the big question. As much as I hate to say it think maybe the latter is the truth of the matter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will wait until its closer to the game to see who is fit and available.

However, I will add the following:

This year the team has averaged a -22 contested possession differential in losses.

The maximum contested possession differential the team has had all season? +10

Guess who played that game? That's right, Ah Chee did.

The team is in desperate need of players to contest the next disposal after the stoppage.

Ah Chee is perfectly suited to fill that gap - he should be in the team before a number of those who keep getting a game every week without much to show for it.
For some reason feel the coaching staff and MC have not given Ah Chee a fair go as when he has played has not done too much wrong IMO. Simmo seems to have his favourites which is not good from a head coach!

Barass was shocking again, should have been dropped after last week's joke, needs to go now with Schofield in.

Waterman just doesn't look like he has any confidence. He goes for Nic Nat.

It's all deck chairs on the titanic. Who cares if we get a hollow victory wk1 at home when we will just get smashed away the next week.
Going by Simmo's post- game presser he said he would back him in so can't see Barrass getting dropped anytime soon.

I dont like Nic's legs period. He needs to lose 10kg over the off season and take some weight off of them.
Wonder why Nic is carrying that excess weight now. is it because he hasn't played much football over the last couple of years, or is his diet all wrong? The Club need to address this. I know Rioli had a bit of a pot belly upon returning from being out so long with injury but we all know unfortunately it's in his genes and tee shirts, but with Nic in his earlier days did not carry excess weight. Puzzling.

In: Nic, Cameron, Schofield
Out: Waterman, Petch, Nelson

I dunno man. I dunno.
Personally don't think Cameron is ready for finals football, particularly as he hasn't played many games at this level at this stage. Think Ah Chee may be the better fit, having a more mature body and all and can also provide more versatility in the position he can play

Wrong time of the year to be having these problems - the side should be fairly well settled by now. It's a worry and for this reason can't see us going too far in the finals. It could well and truly be all over at the end of play in the EF. Not happy Jan!

Have been saying for weeks that Cameron was stiff to get dropped while Petch kept his place.

Also Barrass has zero composure under pressure and id prefer Schofield at this point in finals.
Barrass went ok in the finals last year - wonder why the drop off in form. I know he was out with injury for a few weeks but am just surprised he is now a shadow of his former self.

Did anyone notice who our two best players were on the day? Gaff and Sheppard. Shep nearly broke himself in half in one way play and was probably lucky to avoid some broken ribs. He was throwing himself into spoils and Gaff had 37 touches and was everywhere, working his backside off.

We all know what those two have in common.

Really disappointing game. If Brisbane dont do us a huge favour tomorrow and we end up 5th then it's pretty much season over you would expect. Cant see us coming from 5th to win the Premiership.

Last edited:
Out: Waterman, Petrucelle, Duggan/Nelson
In: Naitanui, Ah Chee, Schofield

Masten and Redden are lucky we have trash midfield depth.

Petrucelle started the year really well but has gone backwards, doesn’t seem to be taking it on as much, hasn’t been crumbing or getting back to help out as much either.
Seems like the few times he’s been caught has spooked him.

I feel like we’re actually missing Venners. For team balance Venners is important. Plays HF but he can give the mids a bit of a chop out that we’re not getting from playing Petch and Waterman, only Rioli is providing that. That’s why I’ve gone for Ah Chee. I don’t mind Camo coming in because he’ll pressure and tackle more than Waterman & Petch but for balance perhaps Ah Chee is a better inclusion. It’s baffling that once Venners went down Ah Chee didn’t get more of a go in place of him.

Did anyone notice who are two best players were on the day? Gaff and Sheppard. Shep nearly broke himself in half in one way play and was probably lucky to avoid some broken ribs. He was throwing himself into spoils and Gaff had 37 touches and was everywhere, working his backside off.

We all know what those two have in common.

Really disappointing game. If Brisbane dont do us a huge favour tomorrow and we end up 5th then it's pretty much season over you would expect. Cant see us coming from 5th to win the Premiership.

0334E017-ED1E-4B2A-BB39-8E384319142A.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back