Unofficial Preview Changes for week one of Finals (Out: Madgen, Murphy, Ox : In: Treloar, Howe, Goldsack)

Remove this Banner Ad

One more sleep......I can't wait to get on that plane...….especially reading that. :handfist::handfist::handfist:

So they weren’t on a delayed flight, they are still in Melbourne?

That’s great lol what an absolute farce

Four changes for each side since our round 17 matchup.

Pies In:
Aish, Cox, Goldsack and Treloar
Pies Out:
Crocker, Daicos, Moore and Scharenberg
WCE In:
Barrass, Ryan, Sheed and Vardy
WCE Out:
Gaff, Naitanui, Schofield and Waterman​

All up that’s a good result for us. We get Sier for the full game as well, it made a difference without him in the second half that day.

For me, it would be:

Goldsack in for Murphy

Howe in for Oxley

Treloar in for Aish.

I like Aish a lot, but he is similar to Mayne in style, but Mayne has runs on the board this year and the defensive game.

Aish is better and Mayne was Lucky with that Aish did his Knee.

Darling and Kennedy get Madgen and they would kick 10 Goals on Him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ the weather is shithouse over here atm.....pissed down throughout the night and again this morning with showers expected throughout the day and possibly tomorrow......that's not such a bad thing though, I think the conditions will work in our favour :thumbsu:

Here's an article on the delayed flight for those interested: http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-06/flight-chaos-scuppers-collingwoods-early-arrival-plans

It affected a group of players (Scott Pendlebury, Tyson Goldsack, Adam Treloar, Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, James Aish, Mason Cox, Travis Varcoe, Tom Langdon, Brayden Sier, Brayden Maynard, Levi Greenwood and Jack Crisp) looking to arrive early in Perth. The delay caused them to get in at 3am. The rest of the team is flying over today.

I'm amazed in this day and age for finals or interstate games altogether clubs don't have private chartered jets especially to Perth.
Even if a club wanted to I think the AFL's contractual arrangements with Virgin might prevent them from doing so. Part of the agreement is to fly all the flights and get named as the AFL's official partner in the sky or some other similarly terrible advertising line.

Flight delays happen - they are preferred over crashes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back