18 Frees Against 14
20 Goals Kicked 17
10 Behinds Kicked 10
0 Rushed Behinds 6
30 Scoring Shots 33
66.7% Conversion 51.5%
13.30 Disposals Per Goal 12.94
8.87 Disps Per Scoring Shot 6.67

Playing this in the NT is fantastic for us. Would be much harder to win in Melbourne. Away game for both teams.

Melbourne selling this fixture last year cost them a finals berth.
They have actually sold 2, they play in Darwin later in the year, Rd 16 Vs the Dockers.

I think the club will lean towards not doing many changes this week to reward the players for last week.

That said, I'd prefer some larger and more experienced bodies in. Crouch, an obvious one (for Poholke), but if Hampton's not injured, him too (for gooch or murphy - flip a coin). If brown comes up, another to go out and if milera yet another goes out (not sure who atkins maybe, mackay, greenwood??).

It's a good test of what the current group is capable of, noting that we can expect significant improvement later in the season if/when our gun players return. We don't have an easy month ahead of us, so this should be a good indicator of what to expect during that time.
One win out of the next four matches. - likely scenario

2 wins is desirable but with two good showings in the losses. - probable and would be ok IMO

3 wins with this many injuries - also probable but less likely, but if so, wow, top 4 here we come.

4 wins - hand over the flag.

:thumbsu:

Best ever Melbourne vs Adelaide game

I remember watching that game at my sister's 18th birthday party. We looked like we had the game won early, then we were all but gone, the somehow we were unbeatable again and won.

Good seeing Mark Stevens with some clutch goals in the last quarter. He was one of those players that could have been a star, but his body let him down, just when he should have been at his best.

Can't remember who it was that was questioning Lachie's pace when I said he was plenty quick enough but I think this might put that to bed.

Some real surprises from club to club though, not really who you would expect in a lot of cases with their closing speed.....Majak Daw:eek:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-23/running-men-keeping-track-of-your-clubs-speedsters

WHO RACKS up the most kilometres in a game at your club? Who's hit the highest speed in a sprint? It's not always who you might think.

Data from the Telstra Tracker in the AFL Live app reveals some familiar faces at the top of club lists, and plenty of surprise leaders in both the distance and speed categories.

ADEL-header.png

Team distance: 2533.8km

Distance kings
1. Riley Knight 14.7km
2. Rory Atkins 14.7
3. Rory Laird 14.4

Knight is at the front of the pack in the Crows' 2km time trials. Atkins covers plenty of territory up and down the wing, while All Australian defender Laird is third in the League for disposals.

Speedsters
1. Lachlan Murphy 34.1km/h
2. Wayne Milera 33.0
3. Tom Doedee 32.8

Murphy's extreme pace has earnt him a spot in the Crows' side as a pressure forward. Milera's ability to break the lines has been handy in his new role across half-back.

Can't remember who it was that was questioning Lachie's pace when I said he was plenty quick enough but I think this might put that to bed.

Some real surprises from club to club though, not really who you would expect in a lot of cases with their closing speed.....Majak Daw:eek:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-23/running-men-keeping-track-of-your-clubs-speedsters

Yep, Lachie is fast. Manic running style and goes absolutely hell for leather.

Biggest surprise for us would have to.be Doedee IMO. Similarly Gallucci obviously isnt hitting full stride in actual games, hopefully he builds into it.

Majak would probably be the fastest in the AFL over 100m. His athleticism is the only reason his career has gone this long.

Harris Andrews with a same top speed as Charlie Cameron was pretty unbelievable as well. Serious wheels for a big man.

WHO RACKS up the most kilometres in a game at your club? Who's hit the highest speed in a sprint? It's not always who you might think.

Data from the Telstra Tracker in the AFL Live app reveals some familiar faces at the top of club lists, and plenty of surprise leaders in both the distance and speed categories.

ADEL-header.png

Distance kings
1. Riley Knight 14.7km
2. Rory Atkins 14.7
3. Rory Laird 14.4

Knight is at the front of the pack in the Crows' 2km time trials. Atkins covers plenty of territory up and down the wing, while All Australian defender Laird is third in the League for disposals.

Speedsters
2. Wayne Milera 33.0
3. Tom Doedee 32.8

Murphy's extreme pace has earnt him a spot in the Crows' side as a pressure forward. Milera's ability to break the lines has been handy in his new role across half-back.
Has marty36 seen how quick Doedee is?

Interesting! So Murphy is nearly as fast as Charlie Cameron and is faster than the Dog's Johannisen

Interesting! So Murphy is nearly as fast as Charlie Cameron and is faster than the Dog's Johannisen

The accuracy of the GPS calculated maximum speeds is ± 1.5km/hr at best, so I'd suggest taking those figures - especially when comparing players - with at least a small grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious to find out what your numbers are for him.

i think its at least these:
6 darling.
5 jenkins. (was he on someone else for jenkins 5th?)
4 melksham.
2 brown.

Off the top of my head on the train (could be slightly off on a couple):

Carlton = 2
Adelaide + 7 = 9 (5x Jenkins, 1x Betts direct, 1x turnover to Betts)
Hawthorn + 2 = 11
Brisbane + 0 = 11
Melbourne + 5 = 16 (4x Melksham, 1x Hogan)
Collingwood + 3 = 19
Freo + 1 = 20
North + 2 = 22
West Coast + 4 = 26 (not all of Darling’s were on Rance)

Off the top of my head on the train (could be slightly off on a couple):

Carlton = 2
Adelaide + 7 = 9 (5x Jenkins, 1x Betts direct, 1x turnover to Betts)
Hawthorn + 2 = 11
Brisbane + 0 = 11
Melbourne + 5 = 16 (4x Melksham, 1x Hogan)
Collingwood + 3 = 19
Freo + 1 = 20
North + 2 = 22
West Coast + 4 = 26 (not all of Darling’s were on Rance)
ladies and gentleman- the best defender the world has ever seen (according to some in the media)

I guess main training session will be tomorrow given we have a Sunday game?

Sounds like Brown is pretty unlikely to play but Matt Crouch will be a good in for Poholke. Milera's body seems fragile so I'm not expecting him to be ready yet.

I'm very keen to see McPherson in the SANFL in a couple of weeks (fingers, toes and other things crossed he isn't injured again).

ADEL-header.png

Distance kings
1. Riley Knight 14.7km
2. Rory Atkins 14.7
3. Rory Laird 14.4

Speedsters
2. Wayne Milera 33.0
3. Tom Doedee 32.8

That is really interesting since I can't remember seeing Jr ever get to what I would think is his top speed.

Do the Rookies get to do full pre-seasons? I assume they do. On TV Murphy does look to close down space really well. He just doesn’t seem to be able to do that for long enough during a game. That is understandable given he would only have 1 pre-season under his belt, even compared to Gallucci who would have two. Think this guy has a genuine future. Amazing story.

Gallucci looks just as quick as any of those three listed. What I really love about that list (and I will add Gallucci to this) is that the four fastest players are our new recruits. Excluding Fog (a KPP) we have recruited speed. Love it.

Do the Rookies get to do full pre-seasons? I assume they do. On TV Murphy does look to close down space really well. He just doesn’t seem to be able to do that for long enough during a game. That is understandable given he would only have 1 pre-season under his belt, even compared to Gallucci who would have two. Think this guy has a genuine future. Amazing story.

Gallucci looks just as quick as any of those three listed. What I really love about that list (and I will add Gallucci to this) is that the four fastest players are our new recruits. Excluding Fog (a KPP) we have recruited speed. Love it.
Galluci has this ridiculous ability to run really low to the ground and at pace that I'm not sure I've seen before. His hands are almost touching the ground when he runs like that

Yep, Lachie is fast. Manic running style and goes absolutely hell for leather.

Biggest surprise for us would have to.be Doedee IMO. Similarly Gallucci obviously isnt hitting full stride in actual games, hopefully he builds into it.

Majak would probably be the fastest in the AFL over 100m. His athleticism is the only reason his career has gone this long.

Harris Andrews with a same top speed as Charlie Cameron was pretty unbelievable as well. Serious wheels for a big man.
Well Majak did prove that winning the grand final sprint beating Cameron.

Galluci has this ridiculous ability to run really low to the ground and at pace that I'm not sure I've seen before. His hands are almost touching the ground when he runs like that

It is seriously strange to watch. It doesn't strike me as a positive but I guess if it helps him pick the ball up smoothly while moving quickly that helps him; plus he has a great leap regardless of his height. He's also got the world's longest neck, without which it looks like he'd be 160cm and remain undrafted.

Sorry to intrude. I don’t believe it’s true. I’ve kept a close tally on Rance’s goals conceded and noted 26 (still very high). The best KPDs are around 12 or lower.
Thanks for that.
Any idea of how many goals have been kicked against Talia this year? I'd guess around that 12 mark ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back