Remove this Banner Ad

Greenwood looks tired, good opportunity to give him an Murphy and extended rest

Stengle deserves his opportunity

In
Lynch, Stengle and Jones

Out
Greenwood, Murphy and Douglas

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just curious, how did you come up with Greenwood looks tired and needs a rest beyond the bye?

His time on ground was equivalent to Matt, Brad and CEY, with only Sloane significantly more.

He laid 8 tackles, double CEY who was next best.

He had more pressure acts than our other mids.

He’s never going to be as high a possession winner as the other guys but he offers more defensively.

Stengle deserves his opportunity

In
Lynch, Stengle and Jones

Out
Greenwood, Murphy and Douglas

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murphy deserves a rest just for the stupidity of being an AFL player and forgetting your mouth guard. For that matter the property steward also needs a rest for not having contingencies at the ground. “Forgotten mouthguard” is not an unforeseeable event and should be prepared for and has cost us a player for close to a full game.

For mine:
Out:
Jenkins (Knee), Douglas (Omit), Murphy (Omit)

In:
Himmelberg, Lynch, Stengle

Himmelberg comes in for Jenkins. Its as simple as that, he is the heir apparent in his 3rd year on our list, playing reasonable football and will obviously benefit from further experience. He needs to be played at every opportunity possible, playing SANFL now is offering very little to his development.

Douglas really hasn't offered much and Lynch needs to come in.

Stengle I think needs some level of reward for his performance, I understand his fitness probably isn't quite there, but lets give him a game or 2 with Betts this year, see what he can offer at the elite level.

Murphy deserves a rest just for the stupidity of being an AFL player and forgetting your mouth guard. For that matter the property steward also needs a rest for not having contingencies at the ground. “Forgotten mouthguard” is not an unforeseeable event and should be prepared for and has cost us a player for close to a full game.

For mine:
Out:

In:

Himmelberg comes in for Jenkins. Its as simple as that, he is the heir apparent in his 3rd year on our list, playing reasonable football and will obviously benefit from further experience. He needs to be played at every opportunity possible, playing SANFL now is offering very little to his development.

Stengle I think needs some level of reward for his performance, I understand his fitness probably isn't quite there, but lets give him a game or 2 with Betts this year, see what he can offer at the elite level.
I’d like to see Stengle, but I’ve seen bugger all of him, what’s his defensive pressure like? Because they are going to want that against Geelong’s defence I don’t think they will drop Murphy.

Like the rest of the team, Greenwood and Murphy played after a 5-day break. 3 games in 12 days.
After 4 games in 18 days including long trips to Perth and Darwin, they're ALL tired, so a 15-day break will be a good refresher. It is an extended rest.

Selection is going to depend on the fitness of Lynch, Talia and JJ (latter unlikely, Murphy will be ok), unforeseen training mishaps, and how Gibbs' game vs Centrals is rated by the Selectors.
Speculation about tanking vs Geelong is interesting, but I'm hoping the mob selected go down there with an aggro mindset of belting them and staying in or close to the Top 4.

For mine:
Out:

In:

I'm with you on the outs and the ins, but EH to me seems to have gone back a little and not at the level he was at 6 weeks ago. JJ's replacement will be interesting. I believe we have mismanaged the Fog. He should have been next in line.
Is Gibbs out of the conversation?

I'm with you on the outs and the ins, but EH to me seems to have gone back a little and not at the level he was at 6 weeks ago. JJ's replacement will be interesting. I believe we have mismanaged the Fog. He should have been next in line.

Fog isn't even in the conversation for Jenkins, let alone next in line.

The need for some ruck minutes means the only person who could replace Josh is Himmelberg.

A question
Where do you Forum writers think Fogarty is at. My self I thought he would have been in the best 22
at the start of the season. Watching him play in the B's he seems to have hit a wall,and is only making
up the Numbers. I know he has been played Back and Forward. To me he can't seem to adapt.to any of those positions
So i would try him in the Midfield, you don't have to be Quick just be Smart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So obviously the Sanfl app saying 83 hit outs is drunk?

87ea13c328a2430f8292bfc8d88edb20.jpg

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Would that not be total hit outs.

I think the selectors will pick our best available side, and won't think about resting players or trialing youngsters. Will be interesting to see who they rate as best 22.

Going on what we know right now, I think it's obvious Lynch will come in, while Jenkins will be out. I think the two most likely players to be omitted are Douglas and Greenwood; pretty much every other player in the team is 'set in stone' given the way we've been selecting the team in the past.

Given we seem to think Gibbs is outside our best 22, I don't think he'll play. Is he pushing past a CEY type? Or a wing or half back like Seedsman or Milera? I doubt it

I also don't think Jones will play. We seem to prefer the incumbents, and with Lynch coming back that will place more pressure on positions in his role. An outside chance to replace Murphy? Ideally he's ahead of Douglas but Douglas could be dropped anyway for Lynch. In that case can he get past Greenwood? Probably not.

I can see us bringing in Himmelberg for Jenkins, and then Lynch will come in for one of Douglas or Greenwood. Who they select will be extremely telling. I'm hoping it's Douglas but I have a suspicion it will be Greenwood instead.

A question
Where do you Forum writers think Fogarty is at. My self I thought he would have been in the best 22
at the start of the season. Watching him play in the B's he seems to have hit a wall,and is only making
up the Numbers. I know he has been played Back and Forward. To me he can't seem to adapt.to any of those positions

Looks like some second year blues, and an unsettled player as we have no idea what to do with him (in a horrible list position). I wasn't expecting him to get game time at an AFL level this year due to being completely reliant on injuries (an over invested forward line being the main cause of that). At least KPF tends to be a slow burn development wise so it's definitely not panic stations yet. That said, we have missed an opportunity with Lynch being injured, especially considering SANFL form means sweet * all, and Fog has the tools to succeed as a 3rd tall.

I'd like to see him in the midfield as well, but that's more that his tools could make a scary player there, and midfields win premierships. Still though, lots of question marks of our own doing here.

Pyke said Gibbs would have a 3-4 week break from the AFL, so doubt he will be back against the Cats... but think he will get back into the side eventually.

Was still an emergency though. Reckon he might have said that to take a bit of heat out the reporting. Surely if he performs as desired he’ll be up for selection.

I think the selectors will pick our best available side, and won't think about resting players or trialing youngsters. Will be interesting to see who they rate as best 22.

Going on what we know right now, I think it's obvious Lynch will come in, while Jenkins will be out. I think the two most likely players to be omitted are Douglas and Greenwood; pretty much every other player in the team is 'set in stone' given the way we've been selecting the team in the past.

Given we seem to think Gibbs is outside our best 22, I don't think he'll play. Is he pushing past a CEY type? Or a wing or half back like Seedsman or Milera? I doubt it

I also don't think Jones will play. We seem to prefer the incumbents, and with Lynch coming back that will place more pressure on positions in his role. An outside chance to replace Murphy

I can see us bringing in Himmelberg for Jenkins, and then Lynch will come in for one of Douglas or Greenwood. Who they select will be extremely telling. I'm hoping it's Douglas but I have a suspicion it will be Greenwood instead.
Based on the roles they played on the weekend has to be Douglas unless they plan on using Douglas a full time mid

Based on the roles they played on the weekend has to be Douglas unless they plan on using Douglas a full time mid

I wouldn't put it past us to prefer Douglas as a mid/forward rotation over Greenwood, as crazy as that sounds. After all, we dropped Greenwood for Douglas just a few weeks ago until Greenwood was a late inclusion

I think a player like Stengle would be good in addition to Murphy not instead. Murphy is pretty much just chasing and harassing and doesn't contribute a lot offensively whereas Stengle is offensive focused.

A question
I apologize but this post and its sentence structure gave me a headache.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back