Preview Changes: R15 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

This game will not define our season.

For me it's a chance to experience some finals like pressure away from Adelaide.

If you were to pick one game before the season started that you would list as a loss ... It would be this one.

I'm going in with tempered expectations, and would really just like to see our players put in a four quarter effort with no in-game injuries.

If a couple of young players like Jones / Stengle / Davis / Jones / Scholl / Hamill / Fog get a run at it then all the better.

Expect the Cats to win by 3-4 goals.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

So just standard Adelaide then. I know our injury list isn't that long but we always seem to lose 1-2 best 22 players weekly.

Im not sure any team has been at full strength this season.

I would arguably say that for the North debacle we were at full strength given that Keath seamlessly replaced Doedee without any loss in performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game will not define our season.

For me it's a chance to experience some finals like pressure away from Adelaide.

If you were to pick one game before the season started that you would list as a loss ... It would be this one.

I'm going in with tempered expectations, and would really just like to see our players put in a four quarter effort with no in-game injuries.

If a couple of young players like Jones / Stengle / Davis / Jones / Scholl / Hamill / Fog get a run at it then all the better.

Expect the Cats to win by 3-4 goals.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

We don’t need to be able to beat the cats at kardinia to be able to beat them when it counts. I’ll be pretty happy if we can match them and go down swinging by a couple of goals.

Does anyone know, who decides for a H&A game where the game is played? Does the AFL make us play at Geelong or does Geelong ask to play us down there?

I guess where I am going with this, is that given if we make the finals and play the Cats in Victoria, the game will always be played at the G, so why play them at that sh1t hole.

Does anyone know, who decides for a H&A game where the game is played? Does the AFL make us play at Geelong or does Geelong ask to play us down there?

I guess where I am going with this, is that given if we make the finals and play the Cats in Victoria, the game will always be played at the G, so why play them at that sh1t hole.
Afl decides. Double ups determined by previous years ladder position. Clubs put in requests but television pretty much dictates a lot of it. Heard something on the radio recently saying that if we qualified to play Geelong in the first couple of weeks of finals it would be down in Geelong. Pretty inequitable if that is the case when Vic clubs play them at the mcg.

Afl decides. Double ups determined by previous years ladder position. Clubs put in requests but television pretty much dictates a lot of it. Heard something on the radio recently saying that if we qualified to play Geelong in the first couple of weeks of finals it would be down in Geelong. Pretty inequitable if that is the case when Vic clubs play them at the mcg.

I know about double ups and all the other intricacies of the scheduling.

I just didnt know if the AFL decides that this weeks game is to be played in that sh1thole in Geelong.

So Im assuming Geelong would rather play all H&A games then at Geelong when they play Pies, Dons, Hawks.

Crows coach Don Pyke says Elliott Himmelberg in the box seat to replace the injured Josh Jenkins for Friday night’s clash against Geelong
Crows coach Don Pyke has revealed Elliott Himmelberg is in the box seat to replace Adelaide’s injured key forward Josh Jenkins for Friday night’s clash against Geelong.
“He’s obviously done it in the past, so he’ll come under really strong consideration,” Pyke said in the lead up finalising team selection this afternoon.
Himmelberg has played six AFL games this season but has spent the last three weeks in the SANFL.
Pyke said Himmelberg had rebuilt his game in the reserves in that time.
“He came in (originally) as a one-game player and he’s now got six under his belt,” Pyke said.
“If he gets the opportunity (against Geelong), I’m sure he’ll apply that learning to perform well on Friday night.”
An injury cloud also rests over Wayne Milera, whose training is being restricted by a sore back.
“Wayne didn’t do a lot at today at training … he’s probably unlikely at this stage,” Pyke said.
“He’ll have to do a fair bit of work to come up for this week.”

Thinking Gibbs comes in for Milera. Doesn’t have the same class, but is better than the Crouch Bros / Greenwood / CEY for fwd delivery. And he can tag Kelly if he gets off the chain.

Im presuming we will take a few traveling emergencies given its a Friday night game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back