Preview Changes: R2 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the changes but what really annoys me is that we didn’t try anyone else on the wings throughout the trial games when the coaches obviously don’t really rate our incumbents. It feels like we treat the wing as the place to put our 18th to 22nd range players, which seems stupid when you look at say Isaak Smith in the GF a couple of years ago. It’s so important a position to link with the forwards and bring them into the game.

Wether or not Scholl is best 22 is irrelelevent really as neither he nor Jones are premiership outside mids and we need to put games into Hinge, Nank, Soligo or maybe Max or Curtin there to really get a complete team. The pre season just feels wasted in this regard.
I’m hoping that we will have a couple of elite midfielders in a couple of years either through trading or some of our guys picks up a notch or two, then we can put Dawson back to wing. But it’s not going to happen if we don’t play the next gen there.

Ned is to Edward like Bill is to William.

Interesting though he's always been N. McHenry on all team lists, etc, until now. Interesting change. I'll admit I did a double take at the teams too and went "Who the hell is E. McHenry?"

Could hurt his Brownlow chances if half the umps are writing E and the other half are writing N.

As I stated prior to selections, the only change to the 23 that I preferred was Nankervis for McHenry.

The good news is that we played Nankervis on the wing in the Twos last week and I believe this is his best spot in the team (we have better options for the medium sized defender role).

Hopefully Curtin also plays a blinder against WWT this afternoon and is showcased in the West next week.

I agree with other posters that we need to start trying the best of the Kids (Nankervis, Curtin, Taylor, Dowling, Bond, Edwards, Ryan) when spots inevitably arise due to injury rather than recycling players who might still be young but have not taken their opportunities when they have arose.
Has someone hacked your account, no usual suspects jibes, I like it ;)

Ned is to Edward like Bill is to William.

Interesting though he's always been N. McHenry on all team lists, etc, until now. Interesting change. I'll admit I did a double take at the teams too and went "Who the hell is E. McHenry?"

Could hurt his Brownlow chances if half the umps are writing E and the other half are writing N.

something tells me that's not something he'll have to worry about

As I stated prior to selections, the only change to the 23 that I preferred was Nankervis for McHenry.

The good news is that we played Nankervis on the wing in the Twos last week and I believe this is his best spot in the team (we have better options for the medium sized defender role).

Hopefully Curtin also plays a blinder against WWT this afternoon and is showcased in the West next week.

I agree with other posters that we need to start trying the best of the Kids (Nankervis, Curtin, Taylor, Dowling, Bond, Edwards, Ryan) when spots inevitably arise due to injury rather than recycling players who might still be young but have not taken their opportunities when they have arose.
Don’t wait for injury another effort from Murphy like last week a out you go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back