Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your thoughts about Leigh Montagna and Jimmy Bartel who are offering similar comments?
It means they're pretty much in agreement, doesn't it? Like most of us in here, they do not think our midfield is effective. "Vanilla" is plain; in footy terms that means lacking dynamism and impact.

King, Kornes, Montagna and Bartel and all the others are paid to say what they think (Bartel has most credibility, imo).

Problem is, Nicks, VB, Burns and Co are paid to DO, and it's what they do that has led us to where the Crows are.
They (above) don't like it. We don't like it.
I don't like it, but Nicks'n'Co will go on their merry way until they are sacked and the Club finds another lot of satisfied-with-mediocrity Coaches. It's the AFC way.

So many deserve a run in the Twos……….but who is demanding selection?

Out - Butts (inj) In Borlase (last man standing)

Out - Murphy. In Nankervis

Brodie doesn’t deserve a game but yarda, yarda, yarda

I will be wandering down to Noarlunga tomorrow (will it be a Good Friday?) to see who is putting their hand up. If Curtin touches the ball, he’s in against the Demons imho.

If this is the key to a win,

Nicks better not slip up in the coaches box again and had better win the tactical battle this week.
it'll be Freo by plenty. Nicks is not a daring, pro-active tactician.
He is reactive, late in reacting and usually reverts to type ie reliance on seniors.

Last edited:
So their motto is "If at first you don't succeed give up"?
Still not your original point, which made it sound like they didn't try anyone on him. But sure, they must have given up when the Pedlar matchup didn't work and thrown toys out of the cot like this board does on an hourly basis :rolleyes:.

Would Keays have worked? Would a tall like Burgess or Fog have worked? Dunno, but I'm guessing we might see which way they lean with their tactics against Ryan this week.

If this is they key to a win,

it'll be Freo by plenty. Nicks is not a daring, pro-active tactician.
He is reactive, late in reacting and usually reverts to type ie reliance on seniors.
Im fine with Nicks being a part of the rebuild, but he will never take us to a flag, the sooner we realize this, the expectations can be lowered.

We are still in a state of rebuild.

26 appear to be travelling
F FOG WALKER RANKINE
HF KEAYS PEDLAR
C JONES CROUCH NANKERVIS
HB MLANNEY WORRELL HINGE
B MILERA BORLASE SMITH
R OBRIEN RACHELE DAWSON
I SOLIGO BURGESS MCHENRY LAIRD
S SHOLL
E BERRY MURPHY HBERG KEANE
Based on that, Ned into the 22 for Murphy. Sholl in for Murphy as the sub. Borlase for Butts we already know about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Curtin debut in his home state so he could see his family could have been one positive and we can't even do that
F**kin useless. I 100% agree. Good Clubs recognize and do this, especially with a prized draft pick.

Back the boys in, that's all we are ever going to hear. The Natives are certainly getting restless particularly when all preseason you talk about making finals

F**kin useless. I 100% agree. Good Clubs recognize and do this, especially with a prized draft pick.
It'll probably end up being in Tasmania just like Thilthorpe.

This club does not think out side the box when it comes to selection. Oh he's played over 50 games? He's in! Form be damned! Skills be damned! Experience is a must!

A Curtin debut in his home state so he could see his family could have been one positive and we can't even do that
He should debut on merit.

Smith out Curtin in.

Plus the nicety of having him debut in front of family and an extra day home for Easter.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm ready

200w.gif

It'll probably end up being in Tasmania just like Thilthorpe.

This club does not think out side the box when it comes to selection. Oh he's played over 50 games? He's in! Form be damned! Skills be damned! Experience is a must!
Murphy 100 games, underperforming.
Smith, 249 games, 2 really bad games in a row. Both, "leadership" group.

The Crows don't need their experience.
They need their best performances; their game-influencing impact.
So far in 2024, their impact has been pro-opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back