We need BIG, permanent changes where senior players just... fu** right off

B Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB Hamill - Hartigan - McPherson
C Smith - Jones - McHenry
HF McAdam - Fogarty - Lynch
F McAsey - Frampton - Stengle
R O'Brien - B. Crouch - Poholke

I Keays - Crocker - Sholl - Sloane

FFS give Mackay a go, it's the kids's first gave for us. Can't bring him in for one and drop him, it will kill his development and confidence .
He deserves a string on games to adapt to AFL 😋

TBH no number of changes will matter unless we work out a game plan. Doesn't look like we have one forward of ROB.

If we wanna move it quick then great, but we aren't we doing it all game ??

We appear to be trying to play a possession game like most other teams, working it down the field against a zone defence, but our kicking skills aren’t accurate enough.

So then every now and then someone like Smith goes f*** that and goes for a kamikaze run through the middle and everyone hopes that the super quick handballs stick. Which they do about 1 in 10 times.

So yes, hard to call that a plan.

We appear to be trying to play a possession game like most other teams, working it down the field against a zone defence, but our kicking skills aren’t accurate enough.

So then every now and then someone like Smith goes f*** that and goes for a kamikaze run through the middle and everyone hopes that the super quick handballs stick. Which they do about 1 in 10 times.

So yes, hard to call that a plan.
Apparently Sholl is very proficient on both sides. I think the first step we need to do is fix our defence. We cant have Kelly, Hartigan, Talia, Laird, Brown playing all together. None are elite kicks and none are attacking players.
I would go with:
FB Brown Talia McPherson
HB Worrell Doedee Sholl
C Hamill Jones Smith
I really like the centre line of Hamill, Jones, Smith. Our 3 quickest players. That speed into our forward line will catch defenders off guard if it's delivered quickly. We are too stagnant and allow defences to setup easily. We need to get McAdam in 1 on 1's in space where he can use his speed. Same with Stengle. Perhaps Smith and Hamill can interchange between half back and wing? Perhaps we can play Laird somewhere else? All food for thought but i would be getting Sholl and Worrell in our defence to see what it looks like. Decent kicks and quick ball movement is the key to break the zone. We must be more daring and run and help players. Our forwards also need to bring the ball to ground better when they are behind. We need to stop the opposition contested marks more effectively.
Watched the game again and was pretty disappointed with Frampton. I feel its either him or Lynch out once Fog in. We are a developing team but feel Nicks should be getting more out of this team. 53% is not a true reflection where we should be.

Last edited:
They've won the last 2 "games" actually

Only had the one hammering from memory. And it was pretty well replicated by the senior team.Kristof is in here passively aggressively bashing anybody that has ever demanded a senior player get dropped for a kid. It's all he's got left having been proven wrong on every single belief he's ever had about our club.

So that's what people are saying? Just drop David Mackay?

Or drop Mackay, Kelly, Matt Crouch, Sloane, Hartigan, Laird and Lynch?

Be realistic about what people are posting.

I'm happy for changes, but I know this forum will be inundated with people bitching when we lose by 15 goals.

Sloane (inj) - Poholke - makes us better
Mackay - Sholl - makes us better

Crouch - Shoenberg - worth trying, Crouch so limited, no major negative impact
Hartigan - Butts - have a look, Hartigan is ok, but doubtful we go too far backwards on the scirebiard
Lynch - Davis - don't think it would add to the scoreboard misery too much, but probably a stretch
Kelly - too many defenders in our 22, maybe keep Crouch, but he's just so incapable of playing anywhere but midfield, Murphy maybe and he get a few midfield minutes to ease the load
Laird I'm keeping for now

We don't lose by any more goals by making most of those changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane (inj) - Poholke - makes us better
Mackay - Sholl - makes us better

Crouch - Shoenberg - worth trying, Crouch so limited, no major negative impact
Hartigan - Butts - have a look, Hartigan is ok, but doubtful we go too far backwards on the scirebiard
Lynch - Davis - don't think it would add to the scoreboard misery too much, but probably a stretch
Kelly - too many defenders in our 22, maybe keep Crouch, but he's just so incapable of playing anywhere but midfield, Murphy maybe and he get a few midfield minutes to ease the load
Laird I'm keeping for now

We don't lose by any more goals by making most of those changes.
I really hope we don't do something so stupid and the AFL find us tanking

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kristof's posts have never suggested that he has the faintest clue. Would have loved watching Mackay fun the lines today, need more of it. And how good was Sloane, brave as, just so important that he's there leading the troops.
I had you on mute for so long and only in the last week decided to take you off and read you again.

I think it was because your bitter depressed moaning was starting to feel like it was closer to reality.

I thought you would agree with me saying we should be prepared for things to go a lot worse if we just play our reserves team? It's certainly similar to the kind of thickheaded glass half empty whinge that you fill threads with.

Only had the one hammering from memory. And it was pretty well replicated by the senior team.Kristof is in here passively aggressively bashing anybody that has ever demanded a senior player get dropped for a kid. It's all he's got left having been proven wrong on every single belief he's ever had about our club.
Congratulations. You've hated everything about footy and life in every post you've made on this board, and now you're right. You've brought on 2020, and I hope you're enjoying it.

We'd lost every seconds game until last week, and were absolutely destroyed by Gold Coast and had our score doubled by Port in s**t conditions. None of the reports from the Brisbane game said how much we lost by - they just focused on the individual efforts.

And I've constantly called for kids to get games and said clearly we don't have any other options.

I know that you'll turn anything into more fodder for your bitter world views but don't involve my posts in that.

Did Nicks say anything in his presser to indicate that he won’t accept those type of performances from a number of our senior players?
No but is likely telling them behind closed doors. I don't think Nicks is going that hard at players yet. He needs to. Should be at least speaking to players they are considering trading and telling them to play well for both parties sake.

Last edited:
Out: Laird, Lynch, M Crouch, Kelly, Hartigan

In: Fogarty, Sholl, Worrell, Davis, Poholke

B: Brown, Talia, McAsey
HB: Hamill, Doedee, McPherson
C: Smith, Jones, McHenry
HF: B Crouch, Fogarty, Davis
F: Stengle, McAdam, Sloane

Foll: ROB, Keays, Poholke
Int: Frampton, Sholl, Worrell, McKay

We’re 6-0. We might as well and to be honest, it looks a whole heap more balanced than the shitshow we’ve been running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back