Preview Changes Rd 14 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a side that could win a premiership if they keep their sh*t together.

Best 18 looks pretty good, but aside from Ebert that bench is spud city. Will look a lot nicer with Houston, Ladhams and Woodcock (or Motlop if he can get his s**t together) ahead of Bonner, Westhoff and Sutcliffe.

Soft is always soft.
Delist move on

Yep

Even that celebrated winning Motlop goal against the crows was Neade’s great goal not motlop’s.

Sure Motlop kicked it but Neade created the opportunity out of nothing.

Talented but he couldn’t give a s**t about port or his team mates.

Soft is always soft.
Delist move on
Yeah but he could pull out one of those 4 goal quarters in a final. He’s had big finals before.

Maybe I’m a sucker for thinking it’s a risk worth taking. He clearly needs to contribute more than last week but not a heap more to prove a better option week in week out than Sutcliffe or Woodcock.

When you are taking up 10%+ of the salary cap and play less than half a season in 2019, no games in 2020 and who knows how many in 2021 and are taking up about 8% in 2022 and doubt he will play much in 2022, it limits the swans ability to go get other players to keep pushing for that he flag he hasn't quiet delivered for the club.

Remember the swans had extra salary cap on the rest of the competition (which is slowly being reduced due to this deal highlighting it was a big advantage for them), so not as detrimental as you describe for the reason you describe. Losing that extra salary cap is the reason the deal was bad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember the swans had extra salary cap on the rest of the competition (which is slowly being reduced due to this deal highlighting it was a big advantage for them), so not as detrimental as you describe for the reason you describe. Losing that extra salary cap is the reason the deal was bad.

Its gone. AFL was so pissed off with Buddy deal it was phased out over 2 or 3 years not 9 like the deal.

1598606342850.png

Best 18 looks pretty good, but aside from Ebert that bench is spud city. Will look a lot nicer with Houston, Ladhams and Woodcock (or Motlop if he can get his sh*t together) ahead of Bonner, Westhoff and Sutcliffe.

I have a silver plaque on my wall of the 1994 premiership side.
We had a couple of kids on the bench that day.

Names: McLeod and Mead.

In mid-October a bit of speed may be preferable on the bench.
Could cause the selection committee some sleepless nights.

(Ok Meady wasn't exactly a kid at that stage)

We did win the corresponding fixture last year by 47 points, even after kicking our trademark 13 behinds. Granted that was in the olden days of full-length quarters.

They are probably easier to score against when they are trying to score themselves. Seems they have been very defensive of late to just try and hang in games

Its gone. AFL was so pissed off with Buddy deal it was phased out over 2 or 3 years not 9 like the deal.

View attachment 947599

“Sydney's controversial cost-of-living allowance will be removed by the start of the 2017 season but the AFL will compensate the Swans with a new rent subsidy, which the league will pay directly to footballers earning less than the average players' wage.

However, Greater Western Sydney appears to have been successful in its push to retain an additional $1 million in its salary cap, which the AFL will continue to support in recognition of the unique challenges faced by the Giants as they battle to establish themselves. GWS players will also receive the rental subsidy from the start of 2017.”

Gone... but still partly sort of there in a different name.

His coaches probably correctly viewed him as best 22 at the time.

Our coaches probably correctly do not view any debutants on our list as best 22 right now.

If that is true on Jack Graham he went from becoming best 22 in his first season and playing in a grand final to then only playing 70% of the next 2 seasons.

At best you could consider Sutcliffe maybe best 22, trending towards probably not. He is a known quantity. What he gives us now is what he would/should give us if he needs to be played come finals. It would be good to know what untried players could offer us, even if it needs to be considered in the light of Sydney being one of the worst performing teams of the year.

If that is true on Jack Graham he went from becoming best 22 in his first season and playing in a grand final to then only playing 70% of the next 2 seasons.

At best you could consider Sutcliffe maybe best 22, trending towards probably not. He is a known quantity. What he gives us now is what he would/should give us if he needs to be played come finals. It would be good to know what untried players could offer us, even if it needs to be consider in the light of Sydney being one of the worst performing teams of the year.

Nah lets just play Mead and Bergman on the bench in the grand final.
They wont have any idea how to match up on them ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At best you could consider Sutcliffe maybe best 22, trending towards probably not. He is a known quantity. What he gives us now is what he would/should give us if he needs to be played come finals. It would be good to know what untried players could offer us, even if it needs to be considered in the light of Sydney being one of the worst performing teams of the year.

“At the time” with form and injuries and suspensions and specific roles, it can happen.

I think the coaches know what players are offering us, particularly having had a hitout today, and only mead as an untried player featured in the best list.

Because IMO I don't believe this group can win a flag, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Our hope is for the next gen to get as much experience and develop as fast as possible. We can't take our eye off the future for the now when the now is only a tease. We are nowhere near deserving of our #1 spot and will be found out in finals and the club internally must have a sense of that reality. We'd be better off with Bergman in than Sutcliffe, if he is to be a key part of the future.

I would be absolutely livid if anyone at this club shared this point of view. Imagine being top of the table at this point and not doing everything you can to win it. I certainly hope you aren't someone that likes to bang on about this club not living up to its old values, having a losers mentality or not existing to win premierships.

Yep a great line up

And I can’t wait for laham’s and Houston’s return
Yeah it looks close to our best

Should be a good test as Sydney will try and shut us down and make it low scoring.

We need to show we can beat these shut down presses.

Dry hard deck with no slippery conditions should be good for us.

Yeah but he could pull out one of those 4 goal quarters in a final. He’s had big finals before.

Maybe I’m a sucker for thinking it’s a risk worth taking. He clearly needs to contribute more than last week but not a heap more to prove a better option week in week out than Sutcliffe or Woodcock.

He could have a big game out if nowhere , so could Farrell or Woodcock.

4 goals in the scratchy is one thing,how was his tackling ? Never have I seen a player evade tackles with or equally without the ball like Motlop.

Yeah it looks close to our best

Should be a good test as Sydney will try and shut us down and make it low scoring.

We need to show we can beat these shut down presses.

Dry hard deck with no slippery conditions should be good for us.

with so many changes, I expect us to be a little unsettled but fingers crossed we find our rhythm early

Yep

Even that celebrated winning Motlop goal against the crows was Neade’s great goal not motlop’s.

Sure Motlop kicked it but Neade created the opportunity out of nothing.

Talented but he couldn’t give a sh*t about port or his team mates.
Unrelated but loved Neades bump on Dusty in the elimination final too!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back