Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why we need Petty .....Petty & Murray, along with Mark Keane .....Butts if you want a "break glass" player
Did you honestly think after yesterday's performance our biggest problem is our key defenders?

Seriously?

FF: Rankine - Fogarty - Burgess
HF: Pedlar - Gollant - Rachele
C: Jones - Dawson - Nankervis
FOLL: O’Brien - Crouch - Soligo
HB: Hinge - Keane - Michalanney
FB: Worrell - Borlase - Laird
INT: Smith - Keays - Dowling - Curtin
SUB: McHenry

INS: Dowling - Gollant - Curtin - Nankervis
OUTS: Milera (inj.) - Murphy (inj./omitted) - Sholl (omitted) - Walker (managed - until back allows him to move properly)
Your keeping Jones? Gee even softy Scholl offers more than Jones does these days

Who said i thought that .....please quote, my words
I did quote you warts & all that we should get Petty because you don't believe we have good enough key defenders.

This is NOT out biggest priority imo.

No, but it's not like there's just one thing that needs fixing.
Indeed, but this is not an area we need to invest in fixing when everywhere else does. Murray, Worrell, Butts, Keane, Curtin & Borlase is plenty.

To use our 1st round on out least area of priority would be madness.

Your keeping Jones? Gee even softy Scholl offers more than Jones does these days
No doubt Jones has started the season poorly but I think he’s got AFL standard qualities in there and can play at this level - and I don’t believe the same of Sholl. He’s simply not strong enough to compete.

Well personally I would only play Walker for games at Adelaide Oval. Any away game, give him a rest.
Personally I would not play Walker until he is capable of bending over & putting 2 hands up for a mark... & that is doubtful this week.

Is something wrong with Dawson? Sure he's been racking up the possessions, but he's been playing terribly. Can't kick accurately (57%, 61%, 48% kicking efficiency), barely marking the ball (2, 4, 3 marks), barely getting clearances (5, 3, 4) despite the most CBAs. Something's not right with him.

Walker's gone from All Australian form to looking past way past his prime.
Smithers is beyond his prime.
Fogarty is getting terrible delivery into the forward 50. Losing Thilthorpe as a forward target and backup ruck has been big.
Losing our defence (Doedee, Murray, Butts, etc has been massive).
Our younsters have stagnated or gone backwards: Rachele, Soligo, Pedlar

I did quote you warts & all that we should get Petty because you don't believe we have good enough key defenders.

This is NOT out biggest priority imo.
Petty is currently in 'wait a year and get him for free as a free agent' territory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would run Dawson off the half back flank this week.
Two reasons, we are getting no rebound out of our defense and he's playing crap, so let him run at the ball.
Nankervis has to come in for an extended period.

Blokes who have played close to a 100 games (or more) and haven't made a great impact by now never will.(Jones, McHenry and Murphy for starters.)
Time to blood some new kids and drop non performers.
Nicks needs to be far more proactive in his game management, it's like watching Pyke again backing his players to come good.
If the forwards are giving us nothing just try something, why not swing Worrell into attack for a quarter, maybe Michalanney for a spell( who cares just change it up). So disappointing the lack of imagination with this coaching group.

Lastly move the ball on quicker, our game style is so stagnant, show some daring.

The other impact of our very slow midfield is that our transition defence is woeful. So as soon as we lose the ball, we are getting burnt big time the other way

This is also why our half backs are looking so woeful at the moment.

Firstly. I'd move Laird to back pocket.

Out: Milera, Smith, Pedlar, Jones, Sholl, McHenry, (Murphy)
In: Curtin, Nankervis, Dowling, Berry, Edwards, Ryan (Pedlar)

FB: Worrell ~ Borlase ~ Laird
HB: Michalanney ~ Keane ~ Hinge
C: Soligo ~ Crouch ~ Nankervis
R: Obrien ~ Dawson ~ Rachele
HF: Dowling ~ Walker ~ Keays
FF: Rankine ~ Fogarty ~ Burgess
B: Edwards ~ Berry ~ Ryan ~ Curtin
S: Pedlar
No complaints from me

I reckon everyone is being lenient on the captain, he was putrid

The other impact of our very slow midfield is that our transition defence is woeful. So as soon as we lose the ball, we are getting burnt big time the other way

This is also why our half backs are looking so woeful at the moment.
Was one of our strengths last season

Long kicking, quick movement and run from the back half

Has been non-existent really

One thing Nick's may have a point with is cohesion.

Last year when our guys came out of defense there were options. It was very evident yesterday that as they come out of defense it's stagnant, they don't know where to go.

Clubs have worked out that they can clog the centre of the ground our ball movement is stuffed as we don't have the leg speed or skills to break through there with run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back