Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

If that’s what you take from his presser, I didn’t hear it, I hope he has got his desk organised for an early exit
Watch from like the 7,30 minute mark... comments from MN like "guys knocking at the door" (which to me says they havent knocked down the door as such)...also hardly that enthusiastic about Dowling's effort on Saturday (was all very matter of fact)...again, could be wrong, but knowing this conservative club I think the changes will be minimal...

Watch from like the 7,30 minute mark... comments from MN like "guys knocking at the door" (which to me says they havent knocked down the door as such)...also hardly that enthusiastic about Dowling's effort on Saturday (was all very matter of fact)...again, could be wrong, but knowing this conservative club I think the changes will be minimal...
I’ll take your word for it, I’m sick of listening to Nicks

But Crows fans crying out for mass changes could be disappointed with connection and cohesion to be a big focus.

“We are going to have some forced changes, we have some players playing at SANFL level who have been unlucky to play in the first couple of rounds,” Nicks said.

“They have shown some really good form in pre-season so they are knocking on the door.

“But we aren’t going to make changes unless we think they are necessary.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that’s what you take from his presser, I didn’t hear it, I hope he has got his desk organised for an early exit
That's what I took away from him on 360 last night as well. The usual word mincing rubbish about us only being a little bit off and a little bit out of form implies it'll only be enforced changes to the lineup and no change to the gameplan.

But Crows fans crying out for mass changes could be disappointed with connection and cohesion to be a big focus.

“We are going to have some forced changes, we have some players playing at SANFL level who have been unlucky to play in the first couple of rounds,” Nicks said.

“They have shown some really good form in pre-season so they are knocking on the door.

And Nicks we have seen teams who haven’t come back and finish bottom. Happens every year…..

Unlucky isn't the right word. Nank especially has been as "unlucky" as someone whos resume gets thrown out without a look. The correct word is overlooked.

lol. He’s just using the line that Horse rolled out on AFL360 last night as if it’s his own thinking!

Sorry, did we play in a Grand Final last year?

Seriously, he is grasping at straws with ill informed comments like that. He has obviously learnt a lot from Ken.

PS : and in the four seasons before 2016 when they played in the GF they were 3rd, 4th, 1st and 4th

Isn't panicking and is doing * all to change anything either. Literally a brick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, Nicks really doesn’t inspire any sort of confidence, no idea what people like David King hear/see to make him think he’s a coach that should stick around beyond the rebuild phase.

History suggests rebuild coaches never last and aren’t taking that club to finals, even if they do a decent job of the rebuilding phase.

At this stage i'll expect it'll be

Milera OUT for Hamill
Pedlar OUT for Berry

Maybe they'll swap Borlase for Butts too. Only question will be who gets the sub role now that McHenry will be in the 22 for Murphy and Murphy was the last sub. Maybe Parnell or Cook there or even a demoted Pedlar.

Supporter base to nicks..'talk is cheap'

At this stage i'll expect it'll be

Milera OUT for Hamill
Pedlar OUT for Berry

Maybe they'll swap Borlase for Butts too. Only question will be who gets the sub role now that McHenry will be in the 22 for Murphy and Murphy was the last sub. Maybe Parnell or Cook there or even a demoted Pedlar.
McHenry was already in the 22 last week with Murphy sub... who will need to be replaced.

Is this all part of nicks recalibrating what is defined as 'success' this year. A crap start and we eventually impove to finish in the 9-12 range...he says we looked better and the board swallow it and he is safe

I wish King and Co. would pile on more about the clubs decision to destroy the game plan and become ultra defensive and conservative.

Blow touch needs to be moved away from players not performing and onto the dog s#it game plan and refusal to select players based on form.

For me I am hoping that we select Dowling over Berry to replace Murphy as we don't want more of Laird. Contest winning isn't the problem and until Nick's accepts that Laird shouldn't be in centre there is no point t of Berry coming in.

I hope they put Nank in for Milera

Then there is Pedlar. Given his horrible game do we leave him there and move Rachelle and Rankine on ball more or turf him in place one of Edwards or Ryan. My preference would be Ryan as he provides some run that we need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back