Changes RD3 V WBulldogs (Logue & Balic to debut)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logues in. Wouldn't be surprised to see us snatch a win here peeps...

In all seriousness. Great to see some youth in the side. MJ lucky to hold his spot but we'll see. Step in the right direction anyway and makes me more excited about the game.

334077_3e540db0e799e9fcf74f718f1664294e.jpg
I thought suban was one of the few who went hard at it last week. Laid 4 tackles. Good on you suban. Farewell sweet prince.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's fair enough, I don't like how easily Ross has folded to external pressure

Folded to external pressure? Ross? You've got to be kidding me. The only pressure Ross folds to is internal pressure, because he has a contractual obligation to do so. Downed tools and gave them what they wanted in Rounds 1 and Round 2. Now his hands are free, and he can carry on where he left off last year (as he said in today's presser).

Hope logue may play wing or half forward. Doesn't seem to read the play well enough yet to be a key back. Quite often lead to the ball. Has a booming kick and athletic so hopefully we can't find a spot for him

Folded to external pressure? Ross? You've got to be kidding me. The only pressure Ross folds to is internal pressure, because he has a contractual obligation to do so. Downed tools and gave them what they wanted in Rounds 1 and Round 2. Now his hands are free, and he can carry on where he left off last year (as he said in today's presser).

I don't think there's any way he would've made such sweeping changes, including two debutants, if there hadn't been such an outcry from the media and the fans. I think it's something he pays attention to, even if only a little. Just my take on it, if this was 100% internally driven then that's great. He is definitely a cagey operator so I won't rule out that maybe it's all been part of his master plan, if that exists.

Where is Weller going to play?? Thought he has been decent off the back flank. Run and carry, and can actually kick.

Disappointed for Tucker but you imagine that is more because they probably want Ibbo to act as a tall defender in a pinch. I rate Tucker as a mid anyway so i'd rather not see him pidgeoned into a role I don't think he is best at. Looking forward to his 30+ in the WAFL.

It's going to be really difficult for Kersten with Adams and Fletcher Roberts in the team. No Apeness is really cooking us.

Just saw Weller named at HF. Please god yes let that be real.

I don't think there's any way he would've made such sweeping changes, including two debutants, if there hadn't been such an outcry from the media and the fans. I think it's something he pays attention to, even if only a little. Just my take on it, if this was 100% internally driven then that's great. He is definitely a cagey operator so I won't rule out that maybe it's all been part of his master plan, if that exists.
I think these changes were inevitable by Lyon given the lack of changes last week, and the result against Port.

He reaffirmed his belief in the round 1 squad and put it on himself to get them playing the footy he wanted. They couldn't do it, so the axe fell.

Classic 'you give people a second chance, but not a third' move.

That would fit your anti-Lyon mantra. I'll take that bet thanks. you also posted Dawson would never be dropped didn't you?

So do did others I had the pleasure of debating with last week, to be fair..

Probably true for Griffin but I'd wager it would be Blakely or Langdon that would have come out for Bennell & Dawson is an automatic in for Lyon so someone else will make way.

I'll grant you Apeness in for Griffin, not the other two. Dawson and Pearce have nearly played every game possible under Lyon, no sign that would have changed this year.

MadDocker was ridiculously accurate. His theory has been vindicated by the selections this week.

Any chance the board / selection committee aren't giving Ross the leeway required to start a rebuild in earnest and are trying to push for a bet each way in trying to push for the 8 and getting some youth through, Ross is protesting by exposing the team and older brigade for what it is when playing the new game style in order to get what he wants and select the team he needs moving forward??

It was blindingly obvious last year that there was internal division on this issue. One week Lyon would explain at length on SEN that we needed a 4 year rebuild because we were at the same stage the Bulldogs were at in 2011. The next week Rosich would come out and talk about the importance of the next draft for a "quick recovery". And he did that more than once. I distinctly recall him talking about "bouncing back" once the injured players were back.

So do did others I had the pleasure of debating with last week, to be fair..

MadDocker was ridiculously accurate. His theory has been vindicated by the selections this week.

It was blindingly obvious last year that there was internal division on this issue. One week Lyon would explain at length on SEN that we needed a 4 year rebuild because we were at the same stage the Bulldogs were at in 2011. The next week Rosich would come out and talk about the importance of the next draft for a "quick recovery". And he did that more than once. I distinctly recall him talking about "bouncing back" once the injured players were back.
You're constructing a theory based on thin shreds of evidence. Nothing changes my initial post.

I'm not sure how it is ridiculously accurate given it is unproven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back