Prediction Changes v Brizzy in Brizzy (sigh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the fact it’s simple with him. Runs in a straight line and marks outstretched.
He was an option on the wing v Bulldogs, 2 v 1. Took a solid grab, which is what has been missing with Darcy and Jackson dropping everything down the line
But he needs to kick a goal when coming in as a sub. It's a given. Just like it was for Banners 👍 taking a mark lol pfft

Very very underwhelming.
One forced change and one unforced change, for the sacrificial lamb Wagner.
Drop 2 or 3.
How on earth does Driz come back in off last weeks Peel game Wilson should rightly be pissed off with that selection.

See, what I don’t get is why you would hold back a contested beast like Ras when we are so clearly lacking in contested mettle.

Sometimes I think our match committee are trying to get themselves fired.
Bump.

“The Dockers were thumped at home and have serious issues winning the contested ball.“

Solution = young winger and small forward.

This Is Fine GIF

Did you mean to quote my post? Which was about Wagner.
Was replying to the last part of your comment should have been more specific.
I would have brought in Wilson for Wagner who I agree makes too many errors.
Also think Corbett had to start - no one else in the forward line can take a contested mark. It’s sucks that we rely on contested marks so much but that’s in the coaches gameplan.
If we flew Erasmus to brisbane only to leave him on the sideline I’ll be disgusted. Corbett will still probably be the sub.

Bump.

“The Dockers were thumped at home and have serious issues winning the contested ball.“

Solution = young winger and small forward.

This Is Fine GIF
But according to the coach our only problem is "execution", i.e. it's the players fault. I'm hoping we can keep the margin under 60 points.

Was Wagner that bad????? His contest stuff ain’t great, but I thought his disposal was fine and he showed dare.

Corbett should’ve been starting in our Fwd line weeks ago as he’s a natural FWD.

Erasmus should’ve been in the team from rd 1.

I suggest rewatching (Yeah I know is torture) the game and see if Wagner had dare, from what I saw on the rewatch he did the same chipping around as everyone, I saw once or twice that he took off and just bombed it long

There were a couple times in the first quarter where if he got it and went he had someone on the wing but he didn't do it, instead played the short chip game

Weird to take Erasmus and Corbett, one of them has to sit out now

so either Corbett sits out and then has one week as sub and one week of nothing

or Erasmus sits out and misses gametime with Peel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree, neither has shown anything this year. Switta is statistically worse than Freddy who is a common criticism candidate on this board. He is a midfielder/fwd who neither accumulates possessions or kicks goals. I get that his possessions are quality in general but I still don't see the hype.
Are you accounting for the half a game that Switta played against Gold Coast?

Was Wagner that bad????? His contest stuff ain’t great, but I thought his disposal was fine and he showed dare.

Corbett should’ve been starting in our Fwd line weeks ago as he’s a natural FWD.

Erasmus should’ve been in the team from rd 1.
Yes his debut was terrible and then he was given another game and he wasn't much better.

Weird to take Erasmus and Corbett, one of them has to sit out now

so either Corbett sits out and then has one week as sub and one week of nothing

or Erasmus sits out and misses gametime with Peel
Corbett gets to see his family/friends in QLD, maybe?

Really Hughes on the wing again after six weeks of average footy, JLO has lost the plot and continues to bumble along
Thought Wagner was half reasonable last week and certainly not the worst and what was hype about Draper at training being in the side ?
Does anyone think Banfield, Walker or Hughes would get a game in the Brisbane side, herein lies one of our core problems
If you believe the team sheet named, you’re in for a surprise, Johnson is not playing HBF, NOD is not playing Forward Pocket, the only similar position is Switowski replacing Frederick, we’ve replaced a back with a winger and we always play 7 backs, so either Hughes or Aish is moving back. Personally hope it’s Hughes as he’d be a good matchup on Gunston, who’s too fast for Young. I’d even entertain playing Hughes on Hippwood who’s too mobile for Cox or Ryan.

Beat the press….

Ryan Pearce Hughes
Wilson Cox Wagner
Clark Young Brodie
OMeara Jackson Walters
Shultz Amiss Sturt

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Int: Walker, Aish, Johnson, Corbett

Sub: Erasmus

Out: Frederick
In: Wilson

On iPhone using

We had so much talent it was coming out ouf our ears before Rd1. A few guys in this lineup wouldn't be on a list anywhere else.

Yes his debut was terrible and then he was given another game and he wasn't much better.
Possibly haven't looked at Wagner's whole game(s) closely enough, but the moments that stick with me he was operating at a very basic level. A couple of moments in particular, his decision-making was almost non-existent and his execution wasn't much better. There was no dare (at least in a more creative sense of the word) as far as I could see, it was just bare minimum automatic stuff.

If you believe the team sheet named, you’re in for a surprise, Johnson is not playing HBF, NOD is not playing Forward Pocket, the only similar position is Switowski replacing Frederick, we’ve replaced a back with a winger and we always play 7 backs, so either Hughes or Aish is moving back. Personally hope it’s Hughes as he’d be a good matchup on Gunston, who’s too fast for Young. I’d even entertain playing Hughes on Hippwood who’s too mobile for Cox or Ryan.
Agree - Hughes to the backline. That is his strength. NOD to wing and Johnson can run along the wing a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back