Preview Changes: Round 12 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

obviously being dropped more times in three weeks than he has been in his entire career would be a shock, but he's had more than a fair run at it and has had plenty of time to get his nest egg sorted.

I have far more sympathy for the Grigg types who got screwed repeatedly at selection.

But but according to Vader Griggy got lots of chances. hahaha. Griggy to carve Dmac up this week.

Mackays dropping proves how bad his recall was. When the best thing Teague could say was "he wasn't terrible" shows how average his form was.

Upon his return he was average in a 100 point flogging and he was s**t last week. He can't possibly return without a sustained run of carving it up at SANFL, if he doesn't do that and is recalled our selectors are ****heads.

What was interesting about his return was the deafening silence from the "you don't change a winning team" Mackay supporters. Instead, they somehow convinced themselves that JJ replaced Gooch and Mackay went inside to replace Hampton. All changes effectively forced:rolleyes:.

Now he's dropped again after a typical Mackay performance and not a single post lamenting his unlucky exclusion and supporting his, "ok for Mackay" season. Even his most ardent admirer, CrowCro, who pre-selection stated that Dmac gets so many inside handballs that it's not funny and the players love his running patterns, goes completely missing when his charge is dropped. Apart from that deluded soul, as I've said before, support for Mackay's selection is only support for the selectors, rather than having an actual opinion on Mackay's actual performance.

I genuinely hope Mackay has been told why he has been ommitted and his path back to selection.

I realise there is a lot of dislike for the bloke (as a player) but being in his posotion amd his age for an AFL player would be difficult.

I hope AFC have the right people around him.

I'm probably not his biggest fan, but you'd have to think he'd be wondering what he did wrong. His performance, outside of 2-3 games each year, was no worse than what he's served up over his last 130 games. But I'm sure the communication would be first class and he's been dropped a number of times and would know he remains close to selection and he just needs to keep working hard on the track.

obviously being dropped more times in three weeks than he has been in his entire career would be a shock, but he's had more than a fair run at it and has had plenty of time to get his nest egg sorted.

I have far more sympathy for the Grigg types who got screwed repeatedly at selection.

I don't know why all the concern about these footy players and their mental health.
No one I know is getting a game in an AFL team this weekend and they are doing fine and probably earning less than a first year rookie.
Everyone is under stress pretty much, be it financial, health, relationships, employment, what ever.
In all they have a pretty cushie existence while contracted.
Consider that 1 billion people live on less than $1.00 a day and 50% of the earths people live on less than $2.50 a day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was wrong they aren't piranha they are brainless sheep that mindlessly follow each other

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really? So I and others are brainless sheep wanting Mackay out of the side? It took the coaches and some other posters a while to catch on but he's out again.

Some of us knew exactly what we were going to get from Mackay, a few good games before he eventually crumbles when the heat is applied just like we've seen over the last 3 years.

But I would have thought the approach that you don't change a winning side shows simple thinking, you can always improve a team if you get the average ones out.

Really? So I and others are brainless sheep wanting Mackay out of the side? It took the coaches and some other posters a while to catch on but he's out again.

Some of us knew exactly what we were going to get from Mackay, a few good games before he eventually crumbles when the heat is applied just like we've seen over the last 3 years.

But I would have thought the approach that you don't change a winning side shows simple thinking, you can always improve a team if you get the average ones out.

I must be a sheep I've called for Mackay gone when he isn't playing well and happy for him to stay when he plays well.

He isn't a terrible player as you would have everyone believe and he isn't great either he is where he is around 22 to 25 on the list

We have been lucky again this year having to only use 27 players due to injury and expect gov and brown back soon so you wouldn't expect we will go over 30 players which on averages is fantastic

And as we all know using less players gives you a far better chance of making the finals

If we did use 33 players Mackay would need to be used for most of the year

I don't care who the player is I'm being critical of as it's about winning

ATM Sloane is in the firing line we have lost 3 games and if you are honest he is the reason mostly as his output must be more than anyone else but most don't care to be critical of Sloane I like Sloane have surfed with him but he would know he is down and the team is suffering because of it

I hope so he looks like a Douglas type to me just a slightly younger version, could replace him if he does well and we don't get more injuries.

Why would you want Douglass not in the team he played a blinder that went a long way to winning the game for us in the showdown. Hinkley and Pyke giving him votes in the AFLCA award suggests that anyway

Great to develop kids but as far as I'm concerned we have a chance at a premiership every game is super important this year it is far from a development year probably why galluci was given a taste and that's all

If we were sitting 10 th go your hardest at development

I must be a sheep I've called for Mackay gone when he isn't playing well and happy for him to stay when he plays well.

He isn't a terrible player as you would have everyone believe and he isn't great either he is where he is around 22 to 25 on the list

We have been lucky again this year having to only use 27 players due to injury and expect gov and brown back soon so you wouldn't expect we will go over 30 players which on averages is fantastic

And as we all know using less players gives you a far better chance of making the finals

If we did use 33 players Mackay would need to be used for most of the year

I don't care who the player is I'm being critical of as it's about winning

ATM Sloane is in the firing line we have lost 3 games and if you are honest he is the reason mostly as his output must be more than anyone else but most don't care to be critical of Sloane I like Sloane have surfed with him but he would know he is down and the team is suffering because of it

You have been slow on the uptake with Mackay but you got there in the end.

But you obviously rated Mackays value in our wins more than most. The thing is we could have played Wigg for example instead of Mackay all year and be in the same position. Instead we've wasted another 10 games on a player who has continually let us down. He's been dropped twice, that's not on the back of 2 poor games, that's a sustained run of average to poor games we've tolerated from him. Right now instead of having no idea about Wigg we would know what he has to offer.

And playing a small number of players can be disadvantageous. Last year we copped late injuries and because we hadn't tested our squad we played injured players.

The Bulldogs on the other hand copped injuries all year, their while squad had a taste and at the end of the year they knew who they wanted to play in the finals and they all had games under their belt.

You have been slow on the uptake with Mackay but you got there in the end.

But you obviously rated Mackays value in our wins more than most. The thing is we could have played Wigg for example instead of Mackay all year and be in the same position. Instead we've wasted another 10 games on a player who has continually let us down. He's been dropped twice, that's not on the back of 2 poor games, that's a sustained run of average to poor games we've tolerated from him. Right now instead of having no idea about Wigg we would know what he has to offer.

And playing a small number of players can be disadvantageous. Last year we copped late injuries and because we hadn't tested our squad we played injured players.

The Bulldogs on the other hand copped injuries all year, their while squad had a taste and at the end of the year they knew who they wanted to play in the finals and they all had games under their belt.

The bulldogs fluked it last year, if we were Sydney last year this board would have more than melted they should have won the flag and if that happened to us we would be pissed for the next 50 years even you would admit that

Did you see Sydney tear them apart last night with physical contests

Bulldogs right place right time don't compare them to the hawks they were deadset lucky

The hawks when their window is open play their best team and so they should it's about getting top 2 or top 4 simple as that to give yourself the best opportunity to win the flag

We had f all injuries last year we lost a couple of important games like the hawthorn game and west cost game that could have changed our season but it is what it is

Is Wigg up to it I don't know was grigg up to it again it appears not is CeY up to it I doubt it is Hampton Menzel then you could say Greenwood knight Kelly and seeds afl standard there are question marks but looking at the team we have a definite 18 that we know are do you go youth in a premiership chance or experience the coach who gets paid the big bucks will make that call

Will those last 4 spots make any huge difference we carried players like Keating in a gf so who knows

I can say if players like Sloane betts walker fire maybe not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back