Preview Changes: Round 14 v Hawthorn

Gov back in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been dropped twice but I feel that the third time will be the charm. He's got one more chance and when he inevitably returns to the line up just needs to make sure that he's only our 2nd worst player each game to survive

Nope, I reckon the game against Geelong was his last chance. Don't think he won any accolades for his game against Freo in his first game back and he got backed in to respond 1 last time and he just showed he has a certain level now. That level is actually pretty good for an outside 22 player but just not to be picked first team up anymore. Reckon he'll need to put some decent numbers up in the Magoos and some bad form for others to get back in now.

I just don't read much into Emergencies anymore. It must be hard to give a s**t when putting 3 names in place, 1st one maybe easy the reast you'd be scratching your head. Must be like when your wife says she is throwing a birthday dinner for you and to name 12 friends to come, first few are easy but you know guy 11 or 12 is going to be that guy who fixed the photocopier at work because you just want the list over and done with.

Nope, I reckon the game against Geelong was his last chance. Don't think he won any accolades for his game against Freo in his first game back and he got backed in to respond 1 last time and he just showed he has a certain level now. That level is actually pretty good for an outside 22 player but just not to be picked first team up anymore. Reckon he'll need to put some decent numbers up in the Magoos and some bad form for others to get back in now.

I just don't read much into Emergencies anymore. It must be hard to give a s**t when putting 3 names in place, 1st one maybe easy the reast you'd be scratching your head. Must be like when your wife says she is throwing a birthday dinner for you and to name 12 friends to come, first few are easy but you know guy 11 or 12 is going to be that guy who fixed the photocopier at work because you just want the list over and done with.
The meltdown over who's named emergency on here is laughable, who gives a *? Unless someone falls over in the warm up, realistically none are coming in when our game is tomorrow night. Gov for Otten has to be done next week, and then hopefully Seedsman for maybe Beech (could be a few he replaces, but he will be in our best 22 soon enough).

Agreed. He may be constantly rag dolled, and often gets swatted away like a mosquito, but he never shirks when it's his turn to put his body on the line.
This needs to be quoted again and again. Average footballer but definitely has courage. Some people here would work for tabloids the way they make s**t up.

This needs to be quoted again and again. Average footballer but definitely has courage. Some people here would work for tabloids the way they make s**t up.
There are more than enough legitimate flaws in his game. No need for people to make up new ones that don't exist in reality.

If McGovern plays a decent game this week he is in.

So pressure on Otten and Beech this week.

Mackay Wigg and Obrien emergencies.

Now how the **** does Mackay get on the emergency list? Dropped twice and has a stinker and gets on the emergency list!

No sign of Thommo again. He's no chance. Stupid decision to retain him.
So long as he isn't in much money, I don't think it was a terrible decision to retain him. He's basically the "in case of emergency, break glass" option if several contested midfielders got injured.

At the moment Greenwood has taken his spot. This decision was made back in September last year. I don't think the club would have expected Greenwood to come as far as he has in that time.

It's all set up for Beech being dropped for McGovern.

Brown in for Knight. Douglas to the middle for Beech. Beech to the forward line for Knight. Next week, Beech out
I don't think we'll play that tall. The selectors were unwilling to do it at the start of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 good ins for the Hawks (plus Shoenmakers).
Yep....even Schoenmakers has caused us problems in the past! Clarkson saying they can't make the finals....methinks he's leading us into a false sense of security. Not happy with Knight coming out for Brown. Brown has typically struggled against the likes of Poppy anyway. I think we'll be lacking some leg-speed tonight, and this may help the Hawks. Still think the Gov should've come in for Otto too.

So long as he isn't in much money, I don't think it was a terrible decision to retain him. He's basically the "in case of emergency, break glass" option if several contested midfielders got injured.

At the moment Greenwood has taken his spot. This decision was made back in September last year. I don't think the club would have expected Greenwood to come as far as he has in that time.
Nah it was terrible.

He's taken a spot on the list.
He would be on some $ so he using some cap space.
If he has to come in anyway we are ****ed.
The club didn't know CEY was going to do a knee so he should have been behind CEY, Wigg, Knight, and Menzel.

He can't even make the emergency list and we are half way through the season and he is shot and now unmotivated to place SANFL.

Nah it was terrible.

He's taken a spot on the list.
He would be on some $ so he using some cap space.
If he has to come in anyway we are ******.
The club didn't know CEY was going to do a knee so he should have been behind CEY, Wigg, Knight, and Menzel.

He can't even make the emergency list and we are half way through the season and he is shot and now unmotivated to place SANFL.

He clearly is the insurance policy for multiple injuries and if there is one area in the team that has no depth it's the mid

If we cop 2 or 3 injuries prior to finals to mids who replaces them?

If you say Menzel I will hit you all the other players you mentioned haven't shown a lot it's no ideal but it's a what if,he clearly hasn't taken anyone's spot as we didn't fill our list and retained others that should have been cut

It's neither here nor there if he is on the list for me and if we are forced to use him it's not ideal but could be better than the alternative

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He clearly is the insurance policy for multiple injuries and if there is one area in the team that has no depth it's the mid

If we cop 2 or 3 injuries prior to finals to mids who replaces them?

If you say Menzel I will hit you all the other players you mentioned haven't shown a lot it's no ideal but it's a what if,he clearly hasn't taken anyone's spot as we didn't fill our list and retained others that should have been cut

It's neither here nor there if he is on the list for me and if we are forced to use him it's not ideal but could be better than the alternative

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we cop 2-3 injuries before the finals in our midfield then we are ****ed anyway and Thommo isn't going to help us.

At minimum it should have been Otten out for Brown. Our forwardline is ridiculously tall and slow.

And if they are considering switching Otten down back this week that is even more ridiculous! Talia, Hartigan, Lever and Otten in the same backline? Better hope it doesn't hit the deck....

Otten has been great as back-up early this year but the club needs to be able to make the tough calls (which really aren't that tough) to drop him despite him being a good bloke.

And don't even get me started on Mackay as an emergency...

Any team (with the exception of GWS who have a quadrillion first round picks) that cops 2 or 3 midfield injuries would be in trouble

Us even more so
Exactly, none of them have a 35 yr old sitting as back up reserve

Hawks putting up probably their best side all year except for Rioli not being there. Birchall has been their best player for a number of years and must be tagged. Feel Beech will get that job. Would have liked to see Gov and Knight for Otten and either Beech/B Crouch. We are definitely too slow with Walker, Jacobs, Talia, Lever, Otten, Kelly and Hartigan in the team on a slipperry dewey night. Danger game. Also hoping Cheney/Doedee can show something in the Sanfl.

Last edited:
Back