Prediction Changes: Round 9 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Friday night as a shopping night for us to get a better look at Chad and Logan - we should be gretting them at Perth Airport with WELCOME HOME banners.

We almost always s**t the bed in the wet.

We almost always s**t the bed on a Friday night.

We almost always s**t the bed after a short break.

I want to hope but I am not particularly optimistic about Friday night.
Twenty years ago our coach kicked a goal after the siren on a Friday night and launched himself into the crowd with his team mates. We'll be fineeeeeee

Twenty years ago our coach kicked a goal after the siren on a Friday night and launched himself into the crowd with his team mates. We'll be fineeeeeee
But players can't launch themselves into the crowd at Optus so will we really be fineee?

I remember a game vs Sydney at the WACA. Probably the wettest game I can remember. The WACA used to drain well be it rained for the whole game and I remember the players splashing & sliding around in puddles.

I was only a young teenager & didn't care sitting in the outer under my poncho.

Searching on the internet. I'm pretty sure this was the game:

R14,1997
Fremantle 4.6 5.7 5.11 6.12 48
Sydney 0.3 0.8 2.11 3.15 33
Wettest I have ever been was at that game. Parts of me are still drying out.

I lived across the road and the trudge home in my spongy Blundies was otherworldly. I was in the middle of the city but it was like I was in a nature documentary. A bad nature documentary.

Wetter than the inside of a duck.

Great days.

Weird bit of trivia about that game that I learned today for no reason and that no one will care about.

Fremantle's entrance to the AFL was definitely challenging, so much so that for nearly the first decade of our existence we never had a positive W/L record at Subiaco Oval.

After starting 1-1, Fremantle had an overall losing record at their own home ground until 2003 where they finally drew level. Funnily enough the chance to go positive in the ledger for the first time in our history was the 1st elimination final in 2003, and we all know how that went.

In round 2 2004 we finally did it, in the one of the scrappiest games ever played Fremantle finally attained an overall winning record at Subiaco Oval. Of course Fremantle in this era was wildly inconsistent and fluctuated for a while between having a winning and losing record there.

Until one fateful night where an amazing rundown tackle by Luke McPharlin was followed by an outrageous pack mark by none other than our current head coach. From that moment forward Fremantle never dipped below a positive W/L ratio at Subiaco Oval.

Something in that I recon

Until one fateful night where an amazing rundown tackle by Luke McPharlin was followed by an outrageous pack mark by none other than our current head coach. From that moment forward Fremantle never dipped below a positive W/L ratio at Subiaco Oval.
One of those moments I'll watch on Youtube every now and again. So bloody good. Decent quality version from the AFL, this moment is at the start:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly why we will win. peak dockery.

Sorry for intrusion but I remember it well. Kingsley Hunter 2 goals straight vs Mark Bayes for us a shocking 4 behinds including from in front. What about the 44 all draw I think at the scg. We’ve had some ugly ones over the years.

Should be a cracker Friday night. 50/50 this one for sure.
Hope we can keep up with you.
This game will prove our deserve to be in the top 8.

I really can't remember a more bizarre fixture. We are playing the Dogs again in just 5 weeks. And we don't encounter GWS until round 23. It's as if they threw all the basic principles of organising a fixture out the window
By then the Dogs will have a new coach.

One of those moments I'll watch on Youtube every now and again. So bloody good. Decent quality version from the AFL, this moment is at the start:

Might be my Freo bias speaking, but JLo's was worthy of been higher ranked than 10 :)
Some of the other ones, while decent kicks from further out, were from free kicks and pretty standard marks....His required a decent grab in the first place.
Blight a worthy first, that torp was insane ha ha

exactly why we will win. peak dockery.
We came to play football and s**t the bed.

And we’re all outta s**t

With heavy rain forecasted it might be worth having Johnson attend more CBA’s than usual to throw his frame around. We should hold up a LOT better in the wet compared to recent times with some bigger mids at our disposal in Fyfe, Young, Johnson, Jackson, Darcy.

Switta for Simpson should be the only change if deemed fit.

We win this and we’re right in the conversation as a challenger. Huge test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back