Prediction Changes v Brizzy in Brizzy (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to ABC radio on the way home (* knows why - must be a glutton for punishment) and I think it was Kara Antonio have Luke Ryan 1 vote in the ABC footballer of the year.

Third. Best. On. Ground.

Anyone else hear this? I didn’t mishear that did I?

Listening to ABC radio on the way home (* knows why - must be a glutton for punishment) and I think it was Kara Antonio have Luke Ryan 1 vote in the ABC footballer of the year.

Third. Best. On. Ground.

Anyone else hear this? I didn’t mishear that did I?
4 year contract. Unbelievable.

Think he covered this pretty well in the press conference. What they don't want to always be doing is kicking up the line all the time. Sometimes you have to but yes you need the support at the drop.

The defense coming out the back are so predictable atm.
Well it's been 6 weeks. Just wanting something different doesn't make something different.

If he doesn't like the way we transition the ball, what is he doing about it?

Just keep on rewarding the same guys who aren't transitioning the ball the way he likes?

I would make changes in the backline.

Out: Ryan. Either injured or playing with his own game plan. Would say Pearce but less likely they would drop him.

Change: move Hughes back.

In: Hamling, but only if fit.

Watching them unable to clear the def 50 was beyond frustrating.

The "play the kids" calls are great...that's literally what we're doing. It's one of the youngest and least experienced sides in the comp.

Our issues are a bit more nuanced than Ethan Hughes getting a game. We have confused youngsters running around playing a terrible brand of footy getting beaten up by any team with a shred of experience/size.

No quick fix with changes here unfortunately. Maybe reward the best performer at Peel and give Corbett a full game. The biggest in: needs to be a semblance of a plan to get the ball out of our defence without coughing it up and finding a way to not get slaughtered on contested possession.

See what happens today with Peel. Hopefully they all get through unscathed and find some form. If so, I'd go:

Realistically though, the only ones vying for a spot would be Wilson and Hamling because we're currently selecting based on age and experience. Perhaps Driz if he plays a blinder. Draper and Raz also but it's highly unlikely. I guess Treacy will be a chance if they decide to drop Amiss too.

Saints: No Key Forwards
North: Larkey 4 goals
West Coast: Allen 3.3
Adelaide: Walker 4 goals
Suns: King 2 goals
Dogs: Naughton 3.2

Take out the Saints game and his direct opponent is averaging over 4 scoring shots a game. Only really got the better of King, and even then the Suns incompetence towards the end of the game made that easier for him. If any other player was putting up those numbers they'd be dropped. But bc he has the C next to his name he's going nowhere.

His regression has been impressive. It makes me think was my constant calls on Logue as our spud actually a fault of Pearce… that’s how bad Pearce is making me think!

I regularly said they can’t play together in defence because of their slow ball movement, but my golly Pearce has been that bad this year that I’d instantly trade him for Logue and not even think twice.

I don’t know if the BIG C label has created extra pressure but he sure as hell hasn’t risen to the label.

He was a dependable defender that was infuriating with ball in hand because he took forever to move it BUT you’d excuse it because he WAS dependable.

Now, without him being in form what does he actually bring? ZERO.

On the odd occasion he does take a mark on his opponent his slow movement is SO bad that he was literally better off not marking it and just double fisting it 15 rows back.

I’m finding it hard to even find small wins. We shouldn’t have to put up with it. He’s dropping uncontested marks. Getting caught holding the ball WHEN he has options. He’s slipping over. He’s being out bodied regularly. He’s trailing on leads. Then on top of that he’s horrible with ball in hand.

Go to the Whips Award thread. He’s a clear leader.

OUR CAPTAIN is the whipping boy.

This season can go EAD

His regression has been impressive. It makes me think was my constant calls on Logue as our spud actually a fault of Pearce… that’s how bad Pearce is making me think!

I regularly said they can’t play together in defence because of their slow ball movement, but my golly Pearce has been that bad this year that I’d instantly trade him for Logue and not even think twice.

I don’t know if the BIG C label has created extra pressure but he sure as hell hasn’t risen to the label.

He was a dependable defender that was infuriating with ball in hand because he took forever to move it BUT you’d excuse it because he WAS dependable.

Now, without him being in form what does he actually bring? ZERO.

On the odd occasion he does take a mark on his opponent his slow movement is SO bad that he was literally better off not marking it and just double fisting it 15 rows back.

I’m finding it hard to even find small wins. We shouldn’t have to put up with it. He’s dropping uncontested marks. Getting caught holding the ball WHEN he has options. He’s slipping over. He’s being out bodied regularly. He’s trailing on leads. Then on top of that he’s horrible with ball in hand.

Go to the Whips Award thread. He’s a clear leader.

OUR CAPTAIN is the whipping boy.

This season can go EAD
That one in the goal square when he had cox for the handball for like 5 mins was unforgivable.

That one in the goal square when he had cox for the handball for like 5 mins was unforgivable.

I mean what can you say in the review? It was BAD on every fundamental level you could look at. There was literally NO reason for him not to give it, so what do you put it down to?

Something I noticed last night was a ‘softness’ when we made a defensive error. The softness in terms of their reactions afterwards and just this gathering as a unit and some polite taps in the back like ‘unlucky bro… head up’ type rubbish.

This happened countless times.

Now, I’m not suggesting someone tear into a player because I understand no one means to makes mistakes BUT surely more than a small raised hand to say ‘my bad’.

The passion isn’t there. I’m not saying Pearce needs to lead like Hitler BUT I’m near certain Serong wouldn’t just allow players to not be put on notice during a game if they missed the 1%ers.

I mean what can you say in the review? It was BAD on every fundamental level you could look at. There was literally NO reason for him not to give it, so what do you put it down to?

Something I noticed last night was a ‘softness’ when we made a defensive error. The softness in terms of their reactions afterwards and just this gathering as a unit and some polite taps in the back like ‘unlucky bro… head up’ type rubbish.

This happened countless times.

Now, I’m not suggesting someone tear into a player because I understand no one means to makes mistakes BUT surely more than a small raised hand to say ‘my bad’.

The passion isn’t there. I’m not saying Pearce needs to lead like Hitler BUT I’m near certain Serong wouldn’t just allow players to not be put on notice during a game if they missed the 1%ers.

The only time we showed ‘passion’ was when we had a crack at Lobb.

I mean it’s hilarious.

That would be like me taking our year 6 footy team down to the year 3s and taking them on in a scratch match to prove we’re tough.

That’s how transparently bad Pearce is.

He’s not a winger. He is a run with or I’d send Ryan to Peel and put Aish at half back,

young, Chapman and Noddy on to the wings
Actually that’s a brilliant move.
Need Aish’s calmness and short kicking out the back. Ryan isn’t winning one on ones v the talls and he’s slow as v the smalls. He’s not intercepting this season.

Those types of players (and Hughes) should be last picked, they'll never be the types that will stand up in September. Get games into those with the potential, and move some of our good players from defence to the midfield.
Actually those players are the ones that stand up in finals.

Problem the wing spot depth is dogshit.
Henry isn’t it. I’d back Worner to get a chance. NOD is still growing.

Changes I want to see

Fyfe in, Hughes out (someone else take Hughes wing)
Draper in, Ryan out (Clark or Young to kick out) Ryan is seriously one of the most pathetic players going around, got too comfortable after his first All Australian he forgot how to win a hard ball or attack a a contest, he just looks like he doesn't give a s**t, constantly in terrible shape, what does it say about your club when he is one of the more senior players?
Corbett stays as sub for now (just don't see a spot for him unless Amiss comes out, and I don't want that)

Changes we probably will see

Henry in for Wagner
Wilson in for Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back