Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance they'd settle on bringing in Frederick & Switkowski for Amiss in the forward setup? Go fast and smaller adding pressure factor, with Jackson & Darcy adding heft anyways.
Has it ever worked? We tried it heaps of times and we just get out-marked. Not sure it is a great idea for one of the worst i50 kicking teams in the comp.

Any chance they'd settle on bringing in Frederick & Switkowski for Amiss in the forward setup? Go fast and smaller adding pressure factor, with Jackson & Darcy adding heft anyways.
Having said that though, Briety did mention Sturt as a possible hybrid tall. Treacy, Jackson Sturt Switta Freddie Walters and Brayshaw

The problem with that, is when Darcy is on the bench having a rest and Jackson is in the ruck, we only have one tall forward in Treacy, don’t think it will happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My god those score involvement numbers are depressing. To put it in context, the best players in the comp average around 9. We don't even have anyone in the top 50!

And based on that Brierty interview sounds like we're in for more of the same. No emphasis on scoring or concessions that we need more aggressive ball movement. No statements at selection. In fact, nothing different at all it seems, other than 'better execution'.

We'll either beat the dogs 65-60 or lose by 40 points. Neither result will bring us closer to any kind of real, tangible success

My god those score involvement numbers are depressing. To put it in context, the best players in the comp average around 9. We don't even have anyone in the top 50!

And based on that Brierty interview sounds like we're in for more of the same. No emphasis on scoring or concessions that we need more aggressive ball movement. No statements at selection. In fact, nothing different at all it seems, other than 'better execution'.

We'll either beat the dogs 65-60 or lose by 40 points. Neither result will bring us closer to any kind of real, tangible success
Are you referring to score involvements?

People are sick of Hughes and O'Meara though. If you stick with the status quo and keep losing you deserve to be sacked.

If Taberner comes in for Amiss and we lose to the Dogs the internet and talkback radio will go crazy with people calling for JLo's head.
Certainly agree some changes must happen. I’m just conscious of possible negatives with too many unknowns, instability in the combos.
Can’t remember which poster sorry but someone on BF produced stats that winning teams reflect (among other things) a decent number of games - around 50? played together. Anyone else recall ?

Ideally those who do come in get some continuity to build our ´champion team’ which can beat a team of champions if there’s enough synergy.

Haha. Yeah, backing in Shane Kersten who essentially provided nothing and then bagged the club is equivalent of saying ‘I’m the only one who backed the Waco cult’ as an example of how joining cults can be great.

I will never for get his 2017 season. Kicked 24 goals and 16 behinds from 20 games.

Shame we didnt have a decent full forward to support Kersten and Cam McCarthy.

I will never for get his 2017 season. Kicked 24 goals and 16 behinds from 20 games.

Shame we didnt have a decent full forward to support Kersten and Cam McCarthy.
Kersten and McDardy were both an absolute disgrace for our club. Complete busts and it was all on them.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it ever worked? We tried it heaps of times and we just get out-marked. Not sure it is a great idea for one of the worst i50 kicking teams in the comp.
"Heaps of times" is a little non-specific...

We did beat Geelong last year with Amiss, Treacy and Corbett (who's 190cm, same height as Sturt by published figures). A few games later we didn't even have Corbett and we went ok.

Kersten and McDardy were both an absolute disgrace for our club. Complete busts and it was all on them.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kersten sadly yes. But he was traded for a 4th rounder or pic 60.

Cam McCarthy a bust? He was part of a package. Dockers traded pick 3 for Cam McCarthy, pick 8, 32 and 72.

I remember his match winning goal vs North Melbourne in round 5 that season.
C'mon man. Some weird ass obsessions with one of our worst pick ups in recent living memory. A toxic puke that if rumours are true was largely responsible for making Neale up and leave. Kersten did sweet fa for us, how many premierships did we win when he was on the list?! Or finals? He was a bag of shite.

McCarthy was a good player with talent, but a piss poor attitude in the end, and when people bemoan we got Hogan and Lobb at the end of 2018, it's because the club was dumb enough to get Kersten and to a lesser extent McCarthy. 2016-2018, the club got desperate for Key Forwards or full forwards and just about f***ed up in every conceivable way. And guess what, we're still really paying the price - until Jye and Treacy came along, and are a bit older....we seem to have been averse to scouting out good forwards or finding them in a draft. Hopefully that corner has turned now, as Amiss is quality and Jacko is obviously a capable and talented forward, but ostensibly a mid-trapped in a ruck-sized body, hence his versatility and almost an uncertainty as to where best play him.

But Shane Kersten bro. What an utter waste of space. Here's a message for Kersten "Kermit the Flog", go and take ya face for a sh**!!

"Heaps of times" is a little non-specific...

We did beat Geelong last year with Amiss, Treacy and Corbett (who's 190cm, same height as Sturt by published figures). A few games later we didn't even have Corbett and we went ok.
Heaps of times is code for I didn't do the research.
You did obviously but i do think Corbett plays taller than his size unless you drop it on his head. It really depends on the kicking into the forwardline and whether the forwards actually lead. I would like to believe both things could happen but I watch them play unfortunately.

Heaps of times is code for I didn't do the research.
You did obviously but i do think Corbett plays taller than his size unless you drop it on his head. It really depends on the kicking into the forwardline and whether the forwards actually lead. I would like to believe both things could happen but I watch them play unfortunately.

Corbett’s hip is Fubarred

Having Kersten on our list was like pouring yourself a bowl of cornflakes and then strolling to the fridge, opening it, then cursing at having no milk.

You’re just left angry, but reluctantly eat your dry cornflakes because the simple thought of pouring the cornflakes back didn’t enter your mind.

In other words we just put up with s**t because we felt we had no other options.

Our recruiting was shocking for the 16-19 seasons. Drafting in that period was alright though.

The only decent pick up for mine who played consistently in his time with us was Colyer. Enough said right. Only a 4th rounder for him and got some good footy out of him in retrospect.

Yep for all the respect Lyon gets for 2012-2015, the infamous restump period is one of the more diabolical periods of a football club I can remember. Trading, drafting and recruiting set the club many years back and left the culture in tatters.

I want to see fire and brimstone this weekend. We should be ravenous on Saturday night. From the moment the first bounce is made. Selection tomorrow is key.
We need to see the following at a minimum:
Chapman for Hughes (thanks for your service Ethan but I honestly never want to see you in a Fremantle jumper again at AFL level)
Switta and Frederick in for amiss and one of emmet/Banfield/erasmus/walters

Sturt needs to play as the third tall beside Treacy and Jacko. No Matt Taberner!

O meara should be dropped for Brodie but I just can’t see it happening.

Simpson and Stanley are unlikely based on what JL said to Rhino earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back