Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20210715-095118_AFL.jpg

These odds are extraordinary for a wet weather slop (if the game stays in Melbourne). Yes, Melbourne should win, but in a likely low-scoring, dour affair, $9.20 is too much for any team, regardless of how bad they are.

View attachment 1177886

These odds are extraordinary for a wet weather slop (if the game stays in Melbourne). Yes, Melbourne should win, but in a likely low-scoring, dour affair, $9.20 is too much for any team, regardless of how bad they are.
I remember idiots taking the $15+ on us back in 2013 that were on every time we played a top 4 side.

Different era though, Hawks are nowhere near as bad as we were then. Actually the early 2010s was probably the biggest gap between good and bad sides I've seen in my lifetime.

View attachment 1177886

You would have beaten us anyway, but with some of our injuries in the backline, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Dees rest a few (and still win handsomely).

Enjoy the finals!

Melbourne was my father-in-law’s team - at least I can be happy for him (RIP) when the siren goes!

We've been a totally different team when playing a bottom 8 side over the last 7 weeks. The line is 41.5 which as far as I can remember would be our highest winning margin for the year if we were to clear it. And it's supposed to rain. Great value to be had for punters

We've been a totally different team when playing a bottom 8 side over the last 7 weeks. The line is 41.5 which as far as I can remember would be our highest winning margin for the year if we were to clear it. And it's supposed to rain. Great value to be had for punters
Highest is 50…against Hawthorn

Feeling really apathetic about this match, maybe it’s just covid overshadowing it a little, but also our mediocre play style against bad sides, hadn’t even planned on going this Saturday.

Ah well, wherever it’s played, just hope we show some sort of intensity from the get go.

Reports we're going into lockdown from tonight. Doubt this game goes ahead in Melbourne.
3-5 day lockdown

They will just play it with no crowds

Will be surprised if the Darwin game goes ahead next week though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No change

Hawthorn replace a ruckman and 2 half back flankers with a ruck and 2 key forwards. Playing 2 rucks and 5 key forwards. nice tank
It is only 4 key forwards plus 3 key backs. They are all going to surround Gawn while he marks every long kick to a pack we try

Last edited:
View attachment 1177886

That looks like the odds for 2013 Melbourne vs 2013 hawthorn except the odds are the wrong way around. We ain't anywhere near hawthorn 2013 level, and even with a decimated list hawthorn aren't 2013 Melbourne level of s**t ness

Could go either way this game I feel.

No crowds, opposition in in the bottom 10, cold, wet and miserable conditions and a lockdown and the anxiety hanging over their heads of that they’re not going to know where they are living for the next few days, weeks, possibly months could affect our performance.

Hopefully we come out and belt them and get that percentage right up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the players are pretty used to
Covid but the conditions do concern me. Hard to really smack a team in these conditions so you’d think it’ll be a real grind. Having said that our form in the wet has been excellent this year, so I think we win but not by much.

and a lockdown and the anxiety hanging over their heads of that they’re not going to know where they are living for the next few days, weeks, possibly months could affect our performance.
Maybe if this was 2020. But I reckon they're fairly used to it by now. Hawthorn also have the same worries and have nothing to play for.

Hawks are going in with an incredibly inexperienced side with way too many talls for these conditions. It would an indictment if we can't take control of this game early and ride out a comfortable win at full strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back