Changes v pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are made to be scapegoats no matter what they do

Generally are they are sh!t and people have backed them in so can’t/won’t admit they were wrong.

He had a mare in nearly every one on one contest but did get some cheapies in the double team or running off.

If we draft a bloke called Lachlan Lewis, this board will be a sight to behold!

Either that, or Lewis Young needs to shave his head so he and his brother/cousin/kinsman Lachlan look like the Umbilical Brothers...

1560753214788.png 1560753297882.png

All the blokes that wanted Gardner in the draft. Do you still like him and think he should be picked over Schache. Also lewis Young has to play. Cordy gets beaten week in week out with deplorable skills yet keeps getting picked again and again.
Schache has to play CHF the rest of the Season and Young has to play back the rest of the season.

Yes I wanted us to draft Gardner because of the poor list management by the club we simply needed another tall. For what it worth he should be played in defense. He will give a solid effort and provide a decent contest. Not smart enough as a forward.

Swap him with Cordy (to go forward) and Gardner back

Libba out, West in. Move Toby into the guts and play West up forward. Hope that Toby can get his act together and be the midfielder he was in 2018. Williams out and Duryea in to give us a bit more experience. Bailey Dale probably should be dropped but not sure who we replace him with. Perhaps one of Wallis, Gowers or Schache depending on Schache's form and whether or not the other two are fit.

Wallis and Gowers are three weeks away at best. So scratch them.

Bevo's Brief today he said Duryea was "outstanding" in the VFL last week, he's very likely in. I'd like to see Schache though his game against the Pies earlier was poor. We're conceding too much(avg 91 points against , Gee is 66) so maybe Young again, tough one.

Bevo's Brief today he said Duryea was "outstanding" in the VFL last week, he's very likely in. I'd like to see Schache though his game against the Pies earlier was poor. We're conceding too much(avg 91 points against , Gee is 66) so maybe Young again, tough one.

Never liked promotion from VLF to Seniors based on one outstanding game. Reward consistency and a block of good games rather than one outstanding.

I agree with this but just a point re: Dickson.

He’s not the player he was in 2015-16 and it’s more than likely his last season but if he’s still good for a couple of goals a game I’m fine with him being in.

Also I’d prefer a near cooked Dickson in the side over Gowers.

More recently, Dickson has been taking a week or two to hit his best form. He had a shocker either this year or last, first up from a spell. He was much better the following week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 possessions 8 marks 2.2 and had 4 tackles

West had 15 5 tackles and kicked 2 50metre goals on the run

Richards had 15 possessions and 8 tackles. Kicked 2 behinds

Duryea had 24 possessions 4 tackles and a goal. Was good

good info: based on this drop 3 players and 1 for Libba being injured.

Out: Schache for Gardner, Duryea for Dale (hate to say it but you have to be honest) , West for Libba, Richards for Mclean.

Go with form.

He also said Williams did a good job so i doubt he will be dropped. Interestingly, for the VFL, as well as singling out Duryea as having an öutstanding' game "he mentioned other mids played well. No mention of any of the talls . Hmmmmmmmm....

Well, at least better for us.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Naah, they'll take until Monday to deal with it, by which time Stephenson will have kicked a career high 7 goals against us.

If he shops around he might get some goods odds on that ...

Still think it was the right call at the time, but yeah he's been horrid. I'd give Garnder one more game just to see if he's trying to work it out at this level. No reason Schache can't play as well. Wasn't it a huge thing on this board that Schache is more like a tall flanker than a genuine KPF? Naughton on Roughead, Garnder a defensive role on Moore, Schache gets a mismatch and might actually win a few one on ones that way.
His form before bring drafted was average at best. Then we pick him up and for whatever reason play him straight away. It absolutely baffles me. I said it before he played his 1st AFL game

Yes I wanted us to draft Gardner because of the poor list management by the club we simply needed another tall. For what it worth he should be played in defense. He will give a solid effort and provide a decent contest. Not smart enough as a forward.

Swap him with Cordy (to go forward) and Gardner back

We have Lewis Young who has done everything he possibly could to get a call up. We didn't need this bloke. We even have Roberts who is a better player.

On Fletcher Roberts. It is interesting that with Bevo's tendency to throw players all over the park and try various things... Some of which seem insane to many here. It is a tad strange that given Roberts is never going to be in Bevo's defensive ideas, that should be clear by now, why has he never tried him forward? Instead he took Gardner the No.2 backman in the VFL and threw him forward? Fletcher is actually the better mark, the better jump and the better kick of the two. he has the AFL experience, finals and premiership experience at that. I would have used Gardner to cover Fletch in the VFL and at least tried Roberts forward as naughtons decoy before going for Gardner on a wing and a prayer.

His form before bring drafted was average at best. Then we pick him up and for whatever reason play him straight away. It absolutely baffles me. I said it before he played his 1st AFL game

I disagree. Managed a good tally of goals despite spending most of his time in defence, was playing better than Schache (who still isn't playing well enough to demand a spot btw) and we were desperate for a second tall forward. Hindsight in 20/20, if you say you saw it coming good on you but at the time it made sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back